SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

Here are some pics of how I removed the restrictor out of the r34 gtt rear

Calipers. Simply self tapped a screw into it with a screw driver and pulled it out.

Took me 10 secs max for each caliper. Be careful when you trim the bango bolts

Down though! It's hard to get them back into the caliper male sure you file them back

So you don't strip the thread on the inside of the new calipers!

Easy was I found was to use the old calipers to test each time I filed more off

to see if it went in nice!

post-52857-0-61257700-1364631604_thumb.jpg

post-52857-0-90379300-1364631633_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, possibly stupid question (mostly because it's probably been answered somewhere in here, but I CBF looking through 70-odd pages): I want to replace the front calipers on my s1 C34, and I know I need the sleeves to reduce the bolt holes from 14mm down to 12mm, but what should the sleeves be made from and/or where should I get them? I've already got a set of R32 GT-R Sumitumo front calipers sitting here waiting for me...

Also, can I upsize the diameter of the rotors, seeing as I'll probably replace them with slotted ones anyway (front and rear)? If so, by how much?

Hiya Nick,

Scotty can turn you up some sleeves made from Stainless. I've got them on the M35 to run the GTR setup. Shoot him a PM. Mine are fine - been on the track.

You can go to a Brembo spec GTR disc with caliper adaptors. I know UAS make some, but they are freakin expensive for what they are- like $400. For comparison, I got my GKTech ones for the RPS13 to suit GTR discs for $99. Pity they dont fit, only the 280mm disc. I don't know of any other caliper spacer off the top of my head.

Finally got around to doing this conversion today, and i must say definatley worth it! stops so much better now!

Went together fairly easy, only had to trim the rear backing plate due to it hitting the caliper, but no disc interference front or rear.

I went with R34 GT-T setup, ended up using R33 GTR front brake lines, and GKTECH braided rears, fronts fitted perfectly, rears needed slight tweaking from the chassis hard line connector to braided line, and id like to secure it a bit better than what it is so i may need to have a closer look as to how the rears are supported in a R33/R34.

Used Brand New RDA slotted rotors to suit R34 GT-T and TRW pads all round, and the stopping power it awesome now! :)

Definatley worth the effort for this upgrade! :)

Is yours an s1 or s2, Nick?

Alex, I'll have to check if the caliper bolts are 12mm, like you mentioned they *might* be on Saturday. If so, that would make it easier, and if not then ill get some sleeves from Scott. And UAS are around the corner from me - literally across the other side of the field at the end of my street, actually - but they can be majorly expensive!

Guys, do the late model 3.5L M35 brakes rotors fit the earlier model M35 2.5LTs? I have a horrible brake squeal coming from front right, so going to get new rotors and pads.

Cheers,

Shaz

Unless the rotors are near their limit; why not just get them skimmed?

Chaps,

Does anyone have Part Numbers for Rotors and Pads for my car? I've been having a look for some on the DBA website, specifically at the 350Z, but alot of them are coming up as Brembo Fitted models, which mine isn't.

I'm really just after a set of cross drilled and/or slotted rotors and new pads, standard replacement. I may look at doing an upgrade in the future, but I really just need a straight swap item for the time being so I can bang the job out tomorrow.

So far, the closest I've gotten is DB4600, which I believe are a 324mm rotor. 4000 series heavy duty.

Cheers,

Shaz

Edited by XS80ST