SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

ive got 19x8.5's on the front of mine, running the R34 GTT's

Have no idea what the off set is.. But its perfect. clears the caliper by a few mm's.

What rear calipers( running the twin spot) & discs are a swap over ?

I don't it will. I had to go +30 to clear my r34gtt brakes and I just cleared it by 5mm. Its all to do with offset of the wheel.

No, it's not.

You can have a low offset wheel with rubbish clearance due to the spoke design. 2 or 3 piece rims generally state a J type disc reference. While lower offset wheels are more likely to clear, it is not a guarantee.

Try to look at the rims on a r33 or 34.

I was looking at these but they only come in +40

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/19-inch-wheels-rims-PETROL-VENGENCE-5-114-3-19x9-5-FORD-JEEP-MERC-MAZDA-AUDI-/321094544789?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac2b9ed95&_uhb=1

My only clearance issue will the the fronts with my r32 gtr brakes I will b e putting on as ill be keeping the rears as standard for now. At worst just decent pads and slotted rotors.

Edited by joshm35

Having a guess by the look at the spokes and the offset, those have no chance of clearing.

Are your brakes on the car yet? If not, you can take them and place them on the backs of wheels ou like to see if they clear.

Varrstoen do some bbs knock offs too, 19x9.5 +22

These are the others I was looking at and I can get them in +25's

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/19-koya-inox-aston-bmw-audi-merc-holden-ford-euro-5-stud-stainless-lip-/320898242961?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab7069991&_uhb=1

No I haven't got the r32 brakes on yet. In transit.

Edited by joshm35

• 2 weeks later...

This has probably been covered.. but hey, worth the info..

I wanted a bigger set of brakes on my S1 M35, but without the big $$ price tag.. I need to tow my race car. ( under 1200kgs).

I found the 14mm caliper bolts hard to get a set of 4 spots for. I rang around a few wreckers & found that the R34 GTT calipers had the same bolt size.

The only mod i needed to do, was to remove the existing backing plate. The R34 GTT kit , bolted straight on. Even the GTT brake hoses fitted up.

Great easy mod for $350. I fitted hawk pads from http://www.vsport.com.au/ .. Been to Phillip Island & back with ease..

Hope this helps..

Was that $350 all up less the pads? Or did you buy new discs as well...that sounds super cheap. Any of you guys know a good wrecker to get the r34gtt setup from in Sydney? And also any idea if it would fit under stock Axis 18s? Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Firstly, I want to apologize if this has been covered, I've read nearly every single page of this thread and I'm still scratching my head..

A friend of mine rolled his 32 GTR recently. I own a 98 S2 C34 and I wanted to swap the rotors and calipers over for the GTR set up. Does anyone foresee any issues with this? Will I need to get custom brake lines made up for the new Rotors, or should it all interchange relatively simply?

Again, sorry if this has been covered, I wouldn't be posting if I wasn't desperate for an answer.

Thanks in Advance :)

You'd just need spacers made up to go around the bolts

the 32r bolts will have a 12mm diameter, but the c34 hubs have 14mm holes

and maybe trim the backing shield on the rear brakes (no spacers needed there tho) tin snips work well

one of the m35 guys does them, but i've had too many beers to remember exactly who (maybe daleo or jetwreck)

Edited by pipster11

Hey guys need some info... I have recently changed the brake pads in my s2 c34 to the bendix ct pad, since then I have a grinding sound and feel coming from the front brakes at low speeds as well as a squeal like having low pads. I don't really feel it when the brakes are cold but after 15min or so of driving it all starts. Have pulled off the wheels and check the rotors and they are still smooth??????

Hey guys need some info... I have recently changed the brake pads in my s2 c34 to the bendix ct pad, since then I have a grinding sound and feel coming from the front brakes at low speeds as well as a squeal like having low pads. I don't really feel it when the brakes are cold but after 15min or so of driving it all starts. Have pulled off the wheels and check the rotors and they are still smooth??????

A couple of things - first have you put a chamfer on the leading edge of the pad? Rubbing it on a sheet of sandpaper e.g. will do.

Also have you replaced the backing plates and applied some copperslip or other anti-squeal compound?

Cheers Tom, much appreciated mate!

What about the lines? Are they interchangeable between the C34 and 32GTR set up?

You can use either, running the stagea lines means you will have to pull the "olive" out of the caliper (its the thing at the bottom of the bolt hole)

lip on the rotor?

did you bed them in? (5-10 really hard stops from 100km/h to 50, then cruise at constant speed for 5 mins, using no brakes during that time)

You'd just need spacers made up to go around the bolts

the 32r bolts will have a 12mm diameter, but the c34 hubs have 14mm holes

and maybe trim the backing shield on the rear brakes (no spacers needed there tho) tin snips work well

one of the m35 guys does them, but i've had too many beers to remember exactly who (maybe daleo or jetwreck)

Scotty makes the spacers for the bolts.

Hey guys im selling a brake kit from a skyline r32gtr includes all four calipers with 70% brake pads left on them with all four rotors front ones slotted just had them machined looking for 450 if intrested contact steven 0481212381