SAU Community

We Got A Puppy :)

Kyles

Hey everyone...

Troy and I bought a puppy dog yesterday. We were planning on getting on in the near future, but after i pursuaded troy into the pet shop, and saw "Obi", we couldnt resist. Hes a very big, 8 week old, golden Akita. Cute as a button, with a dubble chin and too much skin at the moment. Hes going to be a big boy, about 50-60 kgs. We wanted a good gard dog, their breed is aparently excellent at that, and great with families. From the pics, he doesnt look quite scary at the moment, but im sure when hes bigger, and had some training, he will protect me from skyline, scooter and breaking in **** heads while troys on night shift :P

post-254-1122994936.jpg

post-254-1122995028.jpg

post-254-1122995135.jpg

well lets see my old cat was called Yoda (miss him :O)

my car is mastryoda

one of our current cats is wicket w warrick (after an ewok)

and seeing i get no say in the kids names when they come i get to name the pets.

Obi is a cutie

7kg at 8 weeks gulp...

current hobbies, food, chasing the cats, and peeing

as kylie said 50-60kg full grown and 70-75cm tall to boot.

That wont work. I get cluckier every day :)

TROY .. INPREGONATE ME!! NOW!! lol

Ive been wispering into his ear while hes sleeping at night that he wants a baby, he thinks they are cute, and wants one now ... :)

Also, been bringing children over to the house ;)

Shh.. dont tell him my plan!

aparently if i keep nagging, he will just add an extra year onto when ever he was EVER going to propose.. IF EVER... HELLO TROY OVER 4 YEARS NOW!!! SAU.. get on his case!!!!!

Oh well... we will have a bloody zoo if he thinks buying me pets will keep my mind of having kids, cos hes going to have to keep doing it!! No wonder we have 2 birds, 2 cats and now a dog! hey troy... I want a pony!!!!

Well.. eventually when troy and i have a night off together, (Im working 2 part time jobs now and uni, so thats pretty rare)... even rarer to have a cruze running on that night, we will bring the big pansy (meaning the dog) with us :)

Ive been wispering into his ear while hes sleeping at night that he wants a baby, he thinks they are cute, and wants one now ... :(

I think its best troy has no say in the names Otherwise you will have one called Millenium Fulcan or Chewbaca!

then again Leah aint too bad a name..... do i get brownie points for that one? please don't call your boy Darth... he will be teased in school :-)

Troy - Don't listen to Kyles brainwashing! ahahahah!!

Akita's are gorgeous dogs. But make sure you do the whole puppy pre-school and training with him or you're gonna be dragged all over the countryside when it's time for 'walkies'

Or would that be hyperspace travel?

yes we are getting all the training info atm.

just got to find the one that suits us, and doesn't put our boy at risk. hes only had 1 set of vacinations so we are thinking a vet run puppy school first for the disease free environment then out the big bad world and all its nasties.

Dogs are great

We lost our Beagle to cancer and suprisingly I was devestated.

The new puppy helped me get over it.

She's bigger than yours Kyles :( \

9kgs but 7 months old.

Won't be able to claim she's bigger next week :O

post-98-1123160080.jpg

post-98-1123160246.jpg

Dogs are great

We lost our Beagle to cancer and suprisingly I was devestated.

The new puppy helped me get over it.

She's bigger than yours Kyles ;) \

9kgs but 7 months old.

Won't be able to claim she's bigger next week :D

Sorry to hear about your dog. Its sad when we loose a pet, they can be like children. I know mine are... ;)

The vet said he will probly be about 10 kgs in 2 weeks (that was a week ago).. little fatty!!

Hes enrolled in puppy preschool. We went though a vet. He starts school on wednesday (ohh my little baby is growing up). We will be looking at further training after that. Aparently akitas need alot of training, they are very smart dogs, and have short attention spands and can be very very stubborn, so obedience is a must with them. Also, because they were used as hunting dogs to hunt animals such as BEARS, they can be fairly unsociable with unknown people and other dogs etc. So we are trying to get him used to children and other dogs. He loves kids so far though.

Hes learning to drive too. The other day when i took him somewhere, he put his paws up on the stearing wheel... He always wants to sit on my lap when we are driving, wont beable to do that for much longer!

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• All the above effort, time, swapping out parts in the dark (i.e. no O2 data). You're literally running in the dark.
    • Looks like both of my cars have pressure switch issues. The R32 GTR has 18 flashes on the ATTESSA controller which is "ETS pressure switch circuit". The 4WD light is intermittent, and often just restarting the car clears it. There is an $300 replacement option https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/285675135148?itmmeta=01HXN3YKRGKQ08GRZ5KFKKZWJT&hash=item428390a0ac:g:6CcAAOSwWxBltMEG so if it becomes a permanent issue and I can confirm that the switch is the issue, i have a solution. The NM35 is reporting C1208, and disconnecting the switch causes the 4WD light to go away. Translating from the Japanese shop manual "when the pressure is reduced to 2.6MPa (377 psi) or less: conduction occurs when the pressure increases to 3.8MPa (550 psi) or less: conduction is present. Reference: • Immediately after the E-TS actuator motor stops, the pressure inside the accumulator is high and there is no continuity." Not sure how good the translation is but from what i can deduce this means the switch is normally closed (NC) and as the pressure builds from 0 to 550 psi the switch stays closed, then opens and 550 psi. As the pressure drops from 550 psi to 377 psi the switch stays open then closes again at 377 psi. Is that how these things work? These pressures are a lot higher than the R32 ("control pressure 0-228 psi") but i'm hoping i can find a generic switch (like they've done for the R32) to use as a replacement. Maybe something like https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/355586397452?epid=1676016964&itmmeta=01HXN534AF22ACTG6TGDDQGEQ7&hash=item52ca99d50c:g:mAEAAOSw8ilmBcMh&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8LtWdNlWHgyJ%2F3cbw25S2A1lde3qBi3fJii4T3lQavCz4kpqiD42SmBa4FocMvXCjcxiowHjb8vZ8%2BWxc53BkHv781tkStSnCDaenfGKC3bIp0keK20dfsn9LoPa3TfqaEmAydqqyKobgTdXsGGzsl%2BRjOVGuD8OIpOv%2B0wMl7aUtHg0iJtojbtzA%2BRS8Xfm8Ufjuvz4niwrqglAXFUbkL6J%2FGuHPeeECZhLBBN3iNM1Swl94Fv5zE95YK%2B5O6dxDN1ySNOjdMxkA8yaprbuwRHFQv1nlGh%2FWjekj6EUFR2%2FO4HTsoKtSAkY0Mj1w1uf1w%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6zFjKXtYw but with a lower close pressure, and thread adapter if required. Am i dreaming?
    • That is a dead f**king short of B+ to ground. Scary.
    • 10-15 years ago, the answer would always be buy a good import motor and so many machine shops make.a hash of an engine rebuild, or they think they are some sort of RB magicians and want 40k.      Now as others have stated, you are buying a VERY old used motor. So rebuild is the correct answer.  Just finding a machine shop that will both do a good job and charge you a regular price is now your challenge.