SAU Community

We Got A Puppy :)

Kyles

Yeh, Akitas can be known to not only have a short attention span - but short temper, too. Meaning they can be snappy if annoyed - so definately get Obi lovin' kids and stuff and as used to as many things as possible.

They become stupidly loyal to your family though :) And lots of ppl go ohhhhhhh ahhhhh what a pretty dog!

Obi went to puppy school last wednesday. He loved it, but he got attacked by an 8 week old jack russle that would have been the size of obi's head! little turd. All the dogs there were sooo little, i thought that Obi may hurt them, but he played very well with the other dogs. The only other dog close to his size was a rotty, but it was a bit timid, obi wanted to play with him but he kept running away. Obi goes again this wednesday.

Hes putting on weight, when we weighed him at puppy school, he had put on 1.3 kgs in a week. hes about 8.3kgs at the moment i think. Little fatty! Hes prob put on more this week, hes growing fast, slowly growing in to all his skin, but hes still got an addorable double chin :P

• 2 weeks later...

Dog is very cute guys, nice choice

personally I've always wanted a pure bred labrador, maybe once I finished studying will get one......

Troy, please tell me you are not gonna name your kids after star wars characters, though I think the Doc's would get a kick outta putting Princess Leila on the birth certificate of your daughter :D

adrian:p

• 4 weeks later...
for god sakes dont all three of you couples do it at the same time. I could never afford that while rebuilding the car.

hmm... formulates terrible plan to make sileighty broke.

updates lets see Obi graduated puppy school.

Obi's 15kgs at 15 weeks and about knee high already. He starting to be mischevious along with thinking hes a lapdog (Kylie spoils him)

need to take new photo

Here's a picture of my Sammy B) He's waiting for me to let him close the door for some privacy :(

Sammy is about 6 years old and 65-70lbs, he was the runt of the little so he's on the smaller side of his brother's and sister's

post-23219-1127432861.jpg

Ohhh what a cutie! I've got a jack rascal terrorist back home in singapore. *sigh* miss her a lot. Sometimes i wish she could just get onto the plane and stay here with me. Oh wells. That's life aint it?

post-23287-1127756572.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Akitas have the highest biting pressure out of any dog breed. Pit bulls are second in this category at an average bite pressure of 900psi. Akita's have been known to have as high as 2300psi bite pressure when fully grown. Very protective breed. Originally bred as a fighting dog. shares more genes with wild bears than any other breed. But if u raise them right it doesnt matter about the breed. Ive got a rotti cross shar pei and she is like a teddy bear around people. Will run around and play with all dogs but yet still fearless against next door's pitt bull (i mean mastiff cross as it says on the books).

nice husky... I like them too...

Ok... update.. oby is 17 weeks old and weighs prob just over 20kgs... still thinks hes a lap dog :) and no... I DONT SPOIL him... when troy tells him off he doesnt scare the dog at all... obi goes quivering when i say no!

Anyway... As soon as i get the opportunity to load pics from my phone etc.. ill put some more up. He hasnt changed much, apart from the size. Hes nick name is bear btw... should see the size of hes paws!!!!