SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

and if u thrash or see some track, then more often than that. i try to get an alignment at least once every few months, and rarely is it still within spec when it gets on the aligner each time.

True. Bouncing of ripple strips can do that :thumbsup: . Also digital alignments are hardly ever the same as each other.

hey pplz

gonna grab some rims for gf (they're gram lights 57 accelerate)

for her 34gtt - specs are : 18x8.5+33 (all around)

reckon they will fit??

I was unsure on the 8.5 on the fronts but someone mentioned if i stick to 235 fronts for the tyres then it should be ok?

Hey Guys,

I got a 93 R32 GTS-t

Looking to get some 17*7 +40mm for the front and 17*9 +35mm for the rear. Will i have to do fender rolling for the rear or front to get them to fit. Im trying to avoid this. Is there anyway that i can just run a smaller tire?

Hey Guys,

I got a 93 R32 GTS-t

Looking to get some 17*7 +40mm for the front and 17*9 +35mm for the rear. Will i have to do fender rolling for the rear or front to get them to fit. Im trying to avoid this. Is there anyway that i can just run a smaller tire?

why the hell would u want that? fronts will come bloody close to fouling with 225/45's, rears will fit fine with 235/45's. will look like shit however due to the size/offset difference, rears will be around flush, fronts will be sunken A LOT

hey pplz

gonna grab some rims for gf (they're gram lights 57 accelerate)

for her 34gtt - specs are : 18x8.5+33 (all around)

reckon they will fit??

I was unsure on the 8.5 on the fronts but someone mentioned if i stick to 235 fronts for the tyres then it should be ok?

they will be fine.

ahk interesting, i get mine done at the same place every time, u mean from alignment to alignment, or from alignment machine to another alignment machine?

machine to machine. I'll only be going to one place now.

oh nisskid i need your wisdom!

my rims for the rear have arrived and i now am looking for a pair for the front to match the rears!

the rears are 18x10+18 with 235/40

this should stick out a little but i dont mind a little mexicana

but i'm not too sure how to get the right front fitment to match the rears!

what would you recommend? 18x9 +10?

btw this is for a r33 lowered on unknown tein coilovers

haha thanks did alot of research to come up with different sizes so i shall start looking for something around that on yahoo auctions!

hopefully mismatch rims wont look too bad haha

mismatched will be fine, especially if u have tough fitment. a lot of the yanks run mismatched for the same reasons, simply because it's easier to buy 2 2nd hand pairs at separate specs to suit you, than find a full set at perfect sepcs.

Hi Nisskid,

I found the rims I wanted and bought them. I may have to run a spacer on the front though to get the look I want.

I got 18x9 +38 with a 235/40 for the rears, and 17x8 +38 with a 225/45 for the fronts.

From what I've read these should be ok.

Hi Nisskid,

I found the rims I wanted and bought them. I may have to run a spacer on the front though to get the look I want.

I got 18x9 +38 with a 235/40 for the rears, and 17x8 +38 with a 225/45 for the fronts.

R32 I assume.

Should be fine.

oh and a quick question nothing wrong with running 17s for front and 18s for rear?

since i dont have unlimited funds i think it would be ideal to get maybe a set of 17x9s and run one pair on the fronts for daily/track

and the other pair for rears for drifting

Hi Nisskid,

yeh front will be close to the UCA, bloody close, generally i say 235/45 with a +30 offset is the furthest in id go, 225/45 will protrude 5mm less in, and about 4mm lower, but u have 8mm more offset pulling the tyre in further. so it will definitely be close, and probably come down to the tyre model and individual car as to whether it actually scrubs or not, but nothing a spacer a few mm thick cant fix.

my bet is that it will clear, but no guarantees on that one.

oh and a quick question nothing wrong with running 17s for front and 18s for rear?

since i dont have unlimited funds i think it would be ideal to get maybe a set of 17x9s and run one pair on the fronts for daily/track

and the other pair for rears for drifting

yeh thats fine.

Just a reference for those whom are looking to see how a 17x9 +35 look in the rear of R32 GTS.

post-46988-1257283804_thumb.jpg

post-46988-1257283871_thumb.jpg

post-46988-1257283895_thumb.jpg

post-46988-1257283915_thumb.jpg

post-46988-1257284127_thumb.jpg

post-46988-1257284892_thumb.jpg

nice pics mate, helps demonstrate what i talk about with fouling on the rear with the hicas end.