SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

The car is up high as hell at the moment but will be lowered to the legal limit in a month or so. itll be 18 x 9.5 +25 offset for both the front and rear as i cant find any smaller =[

So 235s on the front and back? Also what does a roll mean? I dont know that much about these kinds of stuff.

I just got a set of d1rs

18 8 +35

18 9 +15

Running 235/40r18

They didn't fit rear at all stuck way out and looked very dim

Now I and swapping for some

18 8.5 +30

18 9.5 +22

Will be still running my 235/40r18

Just wanna make sure new wheels I am swapping for will fit?

I have looked and looked. But nothing really

Have coilovers

And is a r32gtst

Can any confirm that

New wheels will fit?

Hi all...wondering if someone can help answer these questions...

1) the R34 Z tune. Was it flush with the Z tune front fenders?

2) they used rear fender covers.. does it mean that the Z tune offsets made the rims poke out of the BNR34?

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered myself two rims for the 33gtst. I got Rota grids 18 x 9.5 + 18 and i am running them on the front. My car is all standard suspension and steering wise, just lowered and it runs perfectly and only just scuffs the liners on big bumps and hard cornering. So i took the liners out and i could probably just file them down on the high spots of the liners but just leaving them out. Then my next problem was the wiring on the inside of the drivers guard and was worried it may hit it. I cable tied them just to be sure and used a white touch up paint on the cables that looked at risk and painted them to see if it would get rubbed off and it didnt, so all in all a good fit and looks awesome with a white car on matt black Rota's wheels and they have a little stretch which is good on a 235/40 tire. Would normally if this fitment were to be transferred onto the rear with the + 18 thats on the front, are they meant to tuck in more than the front or meant to stick out more on the rears with exact same offset?My car is lowered but rear end is a bit higher so just seemed the same and couldnt really tell, just assumed they would tuck more than the front

I ordered myself two rims for the 33gtst. I got Rota grids 18 x 9.5 + 18 and i am running them on the front. My car is all standard suspension and steering wise, just lowered and it runs perfectly and only just scuffs the liners on big bumps and hard cornering. So i took the liners out and i could probably just file them down on the high spots of the liners but just leaving them out. Then my next problem was the wiring on the inside of the drivers guard and was worried it may hit it. I cable tied them just to be sure and used a white touch up paint on the cables that looked at risk and painted them to see if it would get rubbed off and it didnt, so all in all a good fit and looks awesome with a white car on matt black Rota's wheels and they have a little stretch which is good on a 235/40 tire. Would normally if this fitment were to be transferred onto the rear with the + 18 thats on the front, are they meant to tuck in more than the front or meant to stick out more on the rears with exact same offset?My car is lowered but rear end is a bit higher so just seemed the same and couldnt really tell, just assumed they would tuck more than the front

not sure how low your car is - i had to run adjust camber on the front to get them to fit and not rub and im running the same specs as you. The rears should tuck in nicely and you should have no probs running a 245 on the rear

The car is up high as hell at the moment but will be lowered to the legal limit in a month or so. itll be 18 x 9.5 +25 offset for both the front and rear as i cant find any smaller =[

So 235s on the front and back? Also what does a roll mean? I dont know that much about these kinds of stuff.

that will fit. getting your guards rolled professionally would be needed - you can youtube it. you can go 245 or 265 on the rear

Can we PLEASE PLEASE stop buying rota and varrstoen or any other knock off wheels....

Its like almost paying full price for a pair of Jordan or Air Max knock offs from ebay. You can buy Enkei or other wheels from SAU sponsors for about the same price. If you want any other decent jap brands contact jesse streeter http://jessestreeter.com/

Can we PLEASE PLEASE stop buying rota and varrstoen or any other knock off wheels....

Its like almost paying full price for a pair of Jordan or Air Max knock offs from ebay. You can buy Enkei or other wheels from SAU sponsors for about the same price. If you want any other decent jap brands contact jesse streeter http://jessestreeter.com/

Not this argument again. You can buy brand new 18" Rota Grid's for $999. In Australia, ready to ship. Compare that to a set of 18" TE37's, you're looking at over $2000, and a 9+ week wait ex-japan. And no the quality might not be the same, but neither is the price.

Everyone should just buy whatever they want.

Edited by colourclassic

I have Lmgt4s rare edition. But I will still say buy what you feel looks good and pocket depending on how deep it is. No point spending 2k to please the crowd when you have a loan waiting on you.

I know this has been overdone a million times but im about 20 pages in and i still cant find someone with the exact fitments im looking for, ive bought a set of te37 super laps in 18x9.5+22 for my r33 gtst and now im not sure what tyres would fit exactly without scrubbing or maybe a tiny little bit worst case scenario, ive narrowed it down to a 265/35 for the rear and 235/35 for the front. Both front and back guards are rolled as well. if any one can shed some light if i can do those tyre sizes that would be great!

also is it true that 35 is the rolling diamater for a r33 gtst or can i go up to a 40 profile

Cheers

not sure how low your car is - i had to run adjust camber on the front to get them to fit and not rub and im running the same specs as you. The rears should tuck in nicely and you should have no probs running a 245 on the rear

Ah really haha, weird. I just measured the bottom of my front bar from the center and it was 163mm, what is yours? mine isnt all that low i guess even though its on lowered springs haha. My center muffler is sitting just under 100mm or so :/ need a resonater instead. So your using the same wheels? did you get the lip rolled on the rear coz mine rubbed when i tried it out on a quick drive.

I know this has been overdone a million times but im about 20 pages in and i still cant find someone with the exact fitments im looking for, ive bought a set of te37 super laps in 18x9.5+22 for my r33 gtst and now im not sure what tyres would fit exactly without scrubbing or maybe a tiny little bit worst case scenario, ive narrowed it down to a 265/35 for the rear and 235/35 for the front. Both front and back guards are rolled as well. if any one can shed some light if i can do those tyre sizes that would be great!

also is it true that 35 is the rolling diamater for a r33 gtst or can i go up to a 40 profile

Cheers

My 33 gtst is running the same spec rims.

I'm running 235's on the front and back for ease of fitment.

All I needed to do was a little roll of the guards and removed the guard liner.

Not sure how 265's would go on the rear.

I guess it depends how low your car is

Cheers

The 235/35 would be a smaller rolling diameter than the 265/35s. I believe 235/40 is closer to the stock rolling diameter, and also a more standard size I think...

I'm running 235/40 front, and 265/35 rears.

I ordered myself two rims for the 33gtst. I got Rota grids 18 x 9.5 + 18 and i am running them on the front. ...

Got any photos? So many people fitting new wheels, not so many posting the results... :(