SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Will I need any mods or spacers or guard rolling ????

Skyline model = r34 GTT

Wheel diameter = 17"

Wheel width = 9.5"

Wheel offset = +12

Tyre size = ?

Modifications to fit = ?

Stop being a moron. Go back 1 page, and look. Oh wow there is 9.5+20 there, ON AN R34! Oh and he has written the mods to fit!! It's almost like this thread is full of information or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Skyline Model = R32 GTST
Wheel Diameter = 18"
Wheel Width = 9.5 Fronts 10 Rears
Wheel Offset = +18 Fronts +15 Rears
Tyre Size = 235/40 Fronts 265/35 Rears
Modifications to fit = 20mm wide front guards 30mm wide rear guards
Fronts = 2.5deg neg camber
Rears = 1.5degs neg camber

Any many many hours fiberglassing
Is lowered cant figure out how to upload photos. everytime I use the photo/link button above and copy a link across from photobucket is freezes -.-

Edited by Cxxo

If you go into the "more reply options" you can upload and attatch, rather than linking via a site.

Is lowered cant figure out how to upload photos. everytime I use the photo/link button above and copy a link across from photobucket is freezes -.-

I just went thru every page of this thread :)

I did have 19x9.5+25 with 245s and no mods were required...they are now sold i want jap wheels.

now im tossing up between the following for my r32 gtr:

1). 18x9.5+22 with 265s ('safe' option with gauranteed clearance on full lock & guards)

OR

2). 18x10+20 with 265s (will work with with no mods if i run nitto invo tyres, thx SIR-RB for the advice)

decisions decisions...also looking for other ppls opinions :)

Ok thx for the feedback :)

Would it be optimistic of me to think I can run 265s on 10s without guard rolling or is this simply required from your personal experience?

Where did it rub on your inner guards, on the front which sits directly behind the bumper bar right? What tyre brand are u running?

Ok thx for the feedback :)

Would it be optimistic of me to think I can run 265s on 10s without guard rolling or is this simply required from your personal experience?

Where did it rub on your inner guards, on the front which sits directly behind the bumper bar right? What tyre brand are u running?

I rolled the guards myself (on the rear). Previous tyres bashed the lip out on the front guards lol. Rolling is required unless you car is high. It'll probably still scrub.

Yep the front part, because I used to run a bit more caster. Had to dial some caster back and add negative camber up front (around -2deg, -1.5deg rear). Caster is around the 5deg mark.

I'm running Falken FK452 at the moment. Previously had old Bridgestone TS-02 or something with more rounded shoulders so didn't need guard rolling.

If you're worried about not rolling, then get 9" and run 255 wide tyres. I would rather roll and try to cram the widest tyre possible :P.

Model: r34 gtt

Wheel diamiter: 18"

Wheel width: 9.5" all round

Offset: +15 all round

Wheel size:225/40

Hi, I'm looking to buy a set of hks coilovers for my car and I saw these wheels for sale. If I bought these wheels how far could i lower my car before I would need rolling of the guards ? Also I'm not an expert on tires so while I'm posting this will 225's fit on 9.5's without any issues ?

Model: r34 gtt

Wheel diamiter: 18"

Wheel width: 9.5" all round

Offset: +15 all round

Wheel size:225/40

Hi, I'm looking to buy a set of hks coilovers for my car and I saw these wheels for sale. If I bought these wheels how far could i lower my car before I would need rolling of the guards ? Also I'm not an expert on tires so while I'm posting this will 225's fit on 9.5's without any issues ?

If you leave it stock height with reasonable tyre profiles, you won't need a roll at all. But that offset is fairly aggressive, and if you lowered at all you would need guard rolling and 2 deg negative camber to fit inside the guards. And yes, 225's sit nicely on a 9.5.

Refer to previous page, I have 225/40 on 9.5+20.

I rolled the guards myself (on the rear). Previous tyres bashed the lip out on the front guards lol. Rolling is required unless you car is high. It'll probably still scrub.

Yep the front part, because I used to run a bit more caster. Had to dial some caster back and add negative camber up front (around -2deg, -1.5deg rear). Caster is around the 5deg mark.

I'm running Falken FK452 at the moment. Previously had old Bridgestone TS-02 or something with more rounded shoulders so didn't need guard rolling.

If you're worried about not rolling, then get 9" and run 255 wide tyres. I would rather roll and try to cram the widest tyre possible :P.

i had all my suspension dialed in by heasmans & i am very happy with it :)

i dont want to 'potentially' compromise handling for the sake of running wider wheels...from this, i purchased 18x9.5+22 & will run 265s as i was told this would clear.

now i need to decide on tyres - any recommendations?

nitto invo OR nt-05 sound interesting.

i get mixed feedback on the federal rsr's

Hi mates, first post on the forums.

I just got one of the first two R34 GTTs in my country (Costa Rica!) and I definitely want to change the wheels it came with...

I have read through this thread and a couple others and I arrived at the conclusion that some 18x8.5 +30 front/18x9.5 +38 rear seems like it will work with the all-stock car (please correct me if I am wrong here!)

From that, I am eyeballing the Work Emotion Ultimate Kiwami wheels and I am wondering if these will be a good fit.

Any comments and ideas are really appreciated! :thanks: