Stagea's With R34 Gtr Fronts

Ska

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the only things you would use from a complete front cut would be stuff like the bonnet, reo, front bar, hinges etc, which kinda defeats the purpose of buying an entire front cut especially since the R34 GTR front cut is not the cheapest thing to buy – even more so just for some of the body parts.

the side guards need to be the MASA or CCubed guards, i can vouch for the CCubed guards being the highest quality. and plus its very hard to find a complete R34 gtr front cut - or even a stripped R34 GTR front cut. I havnt heard great things about the MASA guards

if you're going to do it, weigh up the costs and time it takes, because its not cheap and it doesn’t happen over night...

I payed approx 4000 US-dollars for my GT-R33 frontcut, there was a 5 speed manuel gearbox, RB25DET-Neo engine, complet HKS suspenssion, front and rear, complett dashboard, and all the parts in the engine room.

I can get the GT-R34 frontcut with the RB26DETT engine for 8000 US-dollars.

Edited by Stagea Denmark

• 11 months later...
I'm getting interested in starting a conversion myself, just wonderin if anyone knows if the R34 GTT front bar and bonnet would work with the MASA front guards?
Um, pretty sure that is what the Masa gaurds are designed for dood :)

the masa guards are based off the GTR guards, which are wider than GTT guards.

the front bar will likely fit, however the sides will be pulled out a little, which may cause the bumper to buckle a little in the middle.

you also need the GTT bonnet, hinges, latch, etc. as they are different from the GTR items. (unless you want a GTR bonnet, then you will need t0 use an add-on lip, such as the one that east bear offer that fills in the gap between a GTT front bar, and GTR bonnet, http://www.east-bear.co.jp/shopdetail/003013000001/order/)

anybody seen these guards on ebay??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bodykit-Nissan-Stag...1742.m153.l1262

not a bad buy @ $380. but they would be pretty useless as it makes no mention of any of the required brackets. might be handy if u have already done the swap and damage a guard.

the guards themselves shouldn't require any brackets, as they are custom designed to adapt the R34 front end onto the stagea chassis.

i'm pretty sure its adapting the lights, etc to the radiator support that requires additional brackets, as they obviously differ.

the guards themselves shouldn't require any brackets, as they are custom designed to adapt the R34 front end onto the stagea chassis.

i'm pretty sure its adapting the lights, etc to the radiator support that requires additional brackets, as they obviously differ.

i know guards dont need brackets. the point i was making is the guards arent much good without the backets required to adapt the lights etc. unless u know how and have the means to manufacture them yourself.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have we come to a final conclusion of what the whole thing will cost landed. And who to use to get it to Oz.

Also is the Masa Kit for the S1 or S2 Stagea?

Have we come to a final conclusion of what the whole thing will cost landed. And who to use to get it to Oz.

Also is the Masa Kit for the S1 or S2 Stagea?

Buy a Australian made kit for less money, less work and better quality and fitment

www.ccubed.com.au do them

Series 1 and 2 the same

post-14923-1236207096_thumb.jpg

Buy a Australian made kit for less money, less work and better quality and fitment

www.ccubed.com.au do them

Is this kit just something you have to ask for specialy??? I couldn't find anything regarding it on the site.

Is this kit just something you have to ask for specialy??? I couldn't find anything regarding it on the site.

Here is a cut and paste from a email from Andrew at CCubed. . . .

The complete kit costs;

-Guards $ 690.00/pr

-Bar reo $ 350.00

-Headlight adaptors $ 200.00/pr

-Bonnet Hybrid $1,200.00

-R34 GTR bar $ 450.00

-Front Lip $ 250.00

-Splitter/Diffuser $ 600.00 (Opitonal)

All these pieces come to $3,740.00

All these prices are for fibreglass (FRP) products.

We can do the bar, lip and diffuser in a flexi version too, so it behaves just like a O/E plastic item, even sounds like them when you tap it.

This kit means no de-gassing of the air conditioning core.

The bonnet goes straight on to the factory Stagea hinges. It lines up with the rubber stops and bonnet catch. As it is a R34 top skin with a Stagea under-skin, so we call it a "Hybrid hood".

The headlight adaptors are moulded brackets which allow the R34's lights to mount to the Stagea's radiator support. You only need to trim a small amount of metal from the Stagea's radiator support to allow the wider R34 lights to fit in position.

We supply a template which allows you to mark out where you need to trim.

To fit them, drive in drive out would be approx another $2,640.00 (plus paint and assuming the car is straight to begin with). We can paint them too, but most people have their own painters.

This price would fluctuate depending on the mounting of any other bits and pieces, e.g. FMIC or Factory SMIC etc that may need moving or trimming to make fit.

The only other things to probably grab would be head lights and the rubber strip which fits between the top of the front bar/grill and bonnet front edge.

We can source these too if needs be.

The kit even comes with a carbon fibre bonnet prop! As you don't use the gas struts on the new hood. Or you we can get your existing gas struts de-gassed a percentage to compensate for the lighter hood.

We've done that on a few cars now when they fit lighter hoods.

Depends if you want to spend that little bit more, or just use the prop.

post-14923-1236563242_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...

time to bring a thread back to life.

has anybody looked further into or know about these frankenstein gtr/ stag conversions keeping the stag healights, bonnet and i assume guards?

post-23734-1196897224_zps27336dec.jpg

post-11869-1236250880_zps047e2a48.jpg