R33 Gtst Whiteline & Bilstein Suspension

Sydneykid

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my stuff yesterday too..delivered at 8am!

Was just wondering what grooves the shocks should be set at front and rear for the 350/340 settings?

And also, how involved is the process of changing the height later on down the track once everythings installed...is it like completely re installing the suspension?

Will installing springs/shocks affect my camber/caster settings?

dezz - The circlips come in the 350/340 position. (SK's post here)

Need some clarification guys...

There are 2 different shocks, the short ones with the extra piece of metal hanging off the side, and the longer ones (that come tied down)

On both sets (so front and rear) the clips on mine are in the same position.

From top down they look like this

-

-

CLIP

-

-

-

shouldn't one set have the clip on a different groove to the other set to acheive the 350/340 settings?

There are 2 different shocks, the short ones with the extra piece of metal hanging off the side, and the longer ones (that come tied down)

-

-

CLIP

-

-

-

shouldn't one set have the clip on a different groove to the other set to acheive the 350/340 settings?

mmm good queation, I think since front shockers are shorter than the rear one, it shouldnt be a problem. Im getting my shockers today, let you know how mine is.

Cheers

I'd have no idea where to even begin...I thought you needed spring compressors etc as well...

I'll probably just end up booking it in to a pro so they can do the alignment etc all at the same time

Still after pics of anyone who's installed them at lower settings...

Hey Dezz, i finished mine a few weeks ago and i have it set at 340/330mm. I will post a pic tonight for you.

Thanks, Mike.

yeh i had to get my guards lipped/rolled but thats about it.

To move the circlip grooves, you will need a pair of circlip pliers to make it easy. you might be able to flick the circlip down by using a screwdriver or two but it will be a pain in the ass. much easier just using the proper tool.

Mike.

-

-

CLIP

-

-

-

The circlips are set in the 350/340 positions out of the box.

:blink: cheeers :P

HKS-R33 tells me that to acheive the 340/330 height he set them as follows

'Hey mate, my rears are in the second from the bottom groove and my fronts are in the 3rd from the bottom groove.'

Are you saying his info is incorrect because if they're set at 350/340 out of the box, wouldnt they be on different grooves front and rear?

I just re read through the entire 12 pages of this thread, and still couldnt find a post explaining the height that relates to each groove....I know everyones saying that the shocks come in the 350/340mm position, but wouldn't it be a hell of a lot easier if we knew the height each groove acheived?

Both my front and rear shocks have the circlip in the groove 3rd from the bottom. HKS-R33 has told me his are installed at 340/330, and that his circlips are in the following positions:

Rear: Second from the bottom (1 below where mine are now)

Front: Third from the bottom (same as mine)

He tells me he had to have the height re adjusted after getting it wrong the first time, so you'd assume he got it right the second time...and the photo of his car above do seem to sit lower than most, and very even...

Could we please hear the height acheived by each groove (for both front and rear) and which grooves the circlips SHOULD be in out of the box for 350/340? I think it would clear it up for everyone very simply.

Also this post

The answer is it depends on how much you want to lower it. Following is the camber correction required for various ride heights;

This is what is usually needed for each height increment, note that all measurements are centre of wheel to guard;

Standard (new) height is 380 mm front and 370 mm rear

360/350 mm needs only the standard rear camber adjusters

350/340 mm needs 1 front camber kit and 1 rear camber kit

340/330 mm needs I front camber kit and 2 rear camber kits

Has anyone lowered it to the ~340/~330 height with 1 rear camber kit?

I agree with Dezz, neither I couldnt find any info for ride height for the grooves,I looked in to R33 Gtr forum with no luck either. I got my shocks on Monday and they are currently set to the third groove from the top.

--

--

Circlip Groove

--

--

--

I need to set the ride height 355/345 (since myine is GTS4). Garry, could you please advise which groove it should be set in to? so once I get my springs and other stuff I can install it.

Cheers

i have an IKEYA adjustable lower arm for camber & caster rod (as one unit), the car is being set up for race.

I would like some rear craddle bushes, a recomended set of adjustable Stabiliser bars to suit, and a full sperical rod-end swaybar link kit.

and the rest of the bushes needed to replace the remaining std bushes in the car. Will mainly be at Winton & phillip island, calder on occasion.

can you help me SK?? please PM if you could. Thanks