SAU Community

Crd Dyno Tuning Of My R32 Gt-r.... My 0.02c!

williamsf1

The same thing happens in every single thread like this.......really who gives a rats arse who tuned it.

Williamsf1 made good numbers and he wanted to share it. good stuff mate.

sit back and relax and call jim up and ask why he uses 12 to 12.5 AFR on his tunes when others use 11.5 or so.

Cheers

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok the graph isn't easy to read, so I will have to get it straight....

on the final power run 313 AWKW the AFR does lean to 12.1 bot not more, also to note is that when using a up the tailpipe sniffer you will generally get leaner AFR's than lets say tapping into the dump collector like a motec on board system etc, so there is margin there, how much? I'd have to back to back it...

I was with the car 100% of the time, and never did I see Jim or anyone do anything but look after the engine, and this includes AFRs

His final word of warning was fitting, but also maybe missed on some people.... "don't use the high boost (313AWKW) for extended periods i.e. 20mins flat out! or your asking for it..."

the lower boost settings which is wastegate .84 BAR has more seat of the pants pull that the 1.4 BAR previously.... and AFRs??? 11.8 as they have been always BEL or CRD.....

If anyone needs to see my dyno sheet Jim is most happy to run you off one ;) AFRs included....

oh and Pauly... beer and computer = naughty posts! I will have to get stace to spank u!

very nice Ben. Great package all round i must say i can't really fault any of your mods.

On the built motor question from above, it is still standard internals? (pistons/rods/rings/etc)?

Enjoy it mate, 300+ AWKW is a nice figure for a street/track GTR. Should be farking awesome to drive.

No blown engines.....not a hint of detonation. Our AFR's are leaner than 12.4 too

LOL...are you sure you would tell us even if it did cook up a storm ;)

I know nothing about tuning, thats the first disclaimer, but for a road car and drag car with good support systems i wouldnt expect too much drama at that A/F

Like the tuner said, if you gave it prolonged curry for 20mins say at a track where your water temps get up over 100deg C, oil temp gets up to 130deg C...then i would imagine the combustion temps creap us as well and without that extra bit of fuel it could start to nudge closer to the edge...

But i would have thoguht the A/F you can get away with are related to the support systems you are running and the thermal control of everything.

By the way that sickening power from an engien that i imagine would be more responsive then a std RB26....us poor GTST owner have no chance :)

So it was you, your the reason that our car didn't get a tune! hahaha.

Nice numbers congrats and i can't wait until you start raising the boost a little.

I too have have a alot of work done at BEL,My old manual V8 soarer and the 33GTR.Great blokes but there tuning is not on the same scale as CRD.

I'm interested on what sort of times you car will now do around the circut.

Cheers.

very nice Ben. Great package all round i must say i can't really fault any of your mods.

On the built motor question from above, it is still standard internals? (pistons/rods/rings/etc)?

Enjoy it mate, 300+ AWKW is a nice figure for a street/track GTR. Should be farking awesome to drive.

To be Honest Richard I don't know... I've asked Jim before, and he can't remember as he has done so many engines... (I bought it with a new DART engine with 1200km on the clock)

All I can say is it never gets a knock higher that 17 and averages 12-15 full revs...

Like ROY said... fix everything else, and it will keep the engine safe, and I have done that....

Ok update time....

I went to DART this morning, and Jim did a power run on his dyno which I already know is accurate for a dynolog dyno (it was within 1kw of the original tune in the GONG on a dynolog)

so before :-

205 AWKW 585NM @ 1.43 BAR

now:-

270 AWKW 707NM @ 1.36 BAR

now that is what I call a real world gain...

dyno sheet below....

post-16093-1126830835.jpg

Edited by williamsf1

Ok update time....

I went to DART this morning, and Jim did a power run on his dyno which I already know is accurate for a dynolog dyno (it was within 1kw of the original tune in the GONG on a dynolog)

dyno sheet below....

Yep...that's huge.

Was Jason's dyno reading the same as Darts?

Ok update time....

dyno sheet below....

good result . i would have to say darts dyno figures would be more (real world ) . im sure if you were to visit a third dyno shop i would be proven right . nevertheless a good result . you should have asked dart to reset your cam sprockets and check difference to get a real indication . i think youll be suprised to find not much at all . i know coz ive tried this with pon cams elsewhere.

Mik DART's dynolog dyno and Jason from the GONG's dyno read with the same initial tune 1 AWKW difference... so I was very happy that the dynolog system is repeatable...

GTRmadness...

the cams made well over 10AWKW with the rest of the timing adjusted accordingly...

I have the sheet with cam timing 0 0 below....

it is also a well known fact that dynolog dynos read quite a bit lower than dynodynamics.... (CRD type)

of note this morning the tyres were cold, and the ambient was same as before.... (205 run)

Jim @ CRD said the tyres alone will sap 10-20 when they get too hot....

interesting!

post-16093-1126835430.jpg

Edited by williamsf1

Mik DART's dynolog dyno and Jason from the GONG's dyno read with the same initial tune 1 AWKW difference... so I was very happy that the dynolog system is repeatable...

Yeah...that's good to know.

I'm just trying to work out how many DD AWKW my car had...never had the chance to put it on a DD dyno.

When I put my car on Jason's dyno, he had just had the software upgraded and was complaining that it was reading a further 15% lower than it did before.

I think it has since been upgraded again and it's reading about the same as it used to.

GTRmadness...

the cams made well over 10AWKW with the rest of the timing adjusted accordingly...

I have the sheet with cam timing 0 0 below....

it is also a well known fact that dynolog dynos read quite a bit lower than dynodynamics.... (CRD type)

of note this morning the tyres were cold, and the ambient was same as before.... (205 run)

Jim @ CRD said the tyres alone will sap 10-20 when they get too hot....

interesting!

Ben , i had a close friend dyno his power fc at croydon and finished with 280kw . he drove straight around the corner to silverwater autos new dyno dynamics awd and it the same car made 258kw over 3 runs , all within 2 kw. not bagging crd , but i dont believe dynolog reads ( much less ) . crd"s dyno has been proven to be happier than other dd"s or jim must be bumping it up for a good result , then detuning slightly so you can drive away safely.

Ben , i had a close friend dyno his power fc at croydon and finished with 280kw . he drove straight around the corner to silverwater autos new dyno dynamics awd and it the same car made 258kw over 3 runs , all within 2 kw. not bagging crd , but i dont believe dynolog reads ( much less ) . crd"s dyno has been proven to be happier than other dd"s or jim must be bumping it up for a good result , then detuning slightly so you can drive away safely.