SAU Community

Tokyo Autosalon 2006

Blitz

Hey Guys,

I'm most likely goign to be in Japan around the time of the f*kuoka Auto Salon..i'll have to stay a couple of extra days and i was just wondering if you guys knew anything more about it???

Like is the auto salon there worth it????

Would it maybe be more worth while goign early and going to TAS instead of FAS?

Cheers,

Duncan.

Edited by Donarto

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

I'm most likely goign to be in Japan around the time of the f*kuoka Auto Salon..i'll have to stay a couple of extra days and i was just wondering if you guys knew anything more about it???

Like is the auto salon there worth it????

Would it maybe be more worth while goign early and going to TAS instead of FAS?

Cheers,

Duncan.

Yeah theres always some tuff cars at Fu_kuoka AS, but it's definately not on the same scale as Tkyo, and even Osaka is bigger. I'd go to Fu_kuoka for sightseeing first - Auto salon second. I'd go to Tokyo for the Salon first - sightseeing second...

Yeah theres always some tuff cars at Fu_kuoka AS, but it's definately not on the same scale as Tkyo, and even Osaka is bigger. I'd go to Fu_kuoka for sightseeing first - Auto salon second. I'd go to Tokyo for the Salon first - sightseeing second...

Thanx Rezz i'll keep that in mind.

Say do u happen to be the "Japan Diary" rezz??? It might sound a little newbie of me :D

Cheers,

Duncan.

i think 1 day is plenty. Last year I was there just for one morning. I guess it depends how many photos you want to take... waiting for people to get out of the way who are waiting for others who are waiting for others to get out of the way to take a photo of what you want to take a photo of can take a while...

on another note did anyone go to the awesome dog show at makuhari late last year ? :P

yea i think it would be awsome but i have always wanted to go but i also ask myself is it worth it i am not intersted if some asian can put 22 tvs in their dash ....?

but on the other hand if i can buy car parts their cheaper does anyone know if you can buy parts at the show...

Yes you can, though generally its smaller parts only, not alot of engine hardware.

There is bling there, sure - but there is also one of the biggest collections of incredibly modified street, drag and drift cars you will ever see.

so whats the deal with the tokyo motor show coming up on 22nd? is this just new cars on display? worth going to? deciding whether to check that out or party in osaka this weekend.

so whats the deal with the tokyo motor show coming up on 22nd? is this just new cars on display? worth going to? deciding whether to check that out or party in osaka this weekend.

You decide:

Gtr next gen vs girls/party.

The TMS is probaly packed with people in the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Michael, I can help - Richard and I will be there for two weeks across the time of Autosalon and so will a few others.

We will be quite busy with parts sourcing, workshop visits, drinking and hopefully some more drifting :)