SAU Community

T04z Gtr Results

R32-GTS

Hey brad weighed it yesterday was 1480kg without me in it. Has a nismo twin plate.

Turbostyler i changed to a d-jetro because the air flow metres wernt working to well with a single turbo as in light throttle cruise etc. . I dont think 2 rb20 afm's would have had any physical restriction. The maps dont interchange they are different.

Thanks for the reply much appreciated!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi R32-GTS

Just wanted to say that is an awsome result and I'm sure there are alot of people who would even just sit in a car that had 600HP at the wheels.

Those Garret T04Z turbo's got to be one of the best turbo's out there, I've got one myself and get 560HP (417kw) at the wheels with 1.3bar (19 psi) boost.

I'd love to turn it up to 24 psi, maybe then I'd get a similar result.....

What are the modifications done to your engine, going into as much detail as possible. I have a fully built engine and it wouldn't be bad to compare.

One more thing, I run no air flow as well but use the Autronic SMC.

Thanks

Adam

PS. do you have any misfire problems or fouling plugs at that boost level?

Hi R32-GTS

Just wanted to say that is an awsome result and I'm sure there are alot of people who would even just sit in a car that had 600HP at the wheels.

Those Garret T04Z turbo's got to be one of the best turbo's out there, I've got one myself and get 560HP (417kw) at the wheels with 1.3bar (19 psi) boost.

I'd love to turn it up to 24 psi, maybe then I'd get a similar result.....

What are the modifications done to your engine, going into as much detail as possible. I have a fully built engine and it wouldn't be bad to compare.

One more thing, I run no air flow as well but use the Autronic SMC.

Thanks

Adam

PS. do you have any misfire problems or fouling plugs at that boost level?

How you going adam . If your only running 19psi on that turbo you will probably find you will be over 600 then at 24 + psi . It's hard to go into engine detail as most things have been done. Really just has Pauter rods , 87mm Arias Pistons , HKS metal head Gasket , HKS 272 272 10.25mm lift cams,hks valve springs , Jun oil pump , ported head , HKS valve guides , Tomei Cam studs , HKS Cam Gears , Trust sump extension and the usual smaller things. As with fouling plugs it hasnt as of yet but you do get a miss every now and then running that boost so i might gap the plugs down firther i think there gapped at .8mm atm. Still runs stock coils though.

How you going adam . If your only running 19psi on that turbo you will probably find you will be over 600 then at 24 + psi . It's hard to go into engine detail as most things have been done. Really just has Pauter rods , 87mm Arias Pistons , HKS metal head Gasket , HKS 272 272 10.25mm lift cams,hks valve springs ,  Jun oil pump , ported head , HKS valve guides , Tomei Cam studs , HKS Cam Gears ,  Trust sump extension and the usual smaller things. As with fouling plugs it hasnt as of yet but you do get a miss every now and then running that boost so i might gap the plugs down firther i think there gapped at .8mm atm. Still runs stock coils though.

Hey there R32-GTS

Thanks for the info!!

I run a similar setup but with HKS H-beam rods, 88mm HKS pistons, 1.6mm HKS headgasket, HKS step 2 280 280 10.25 lift cams, JUN oil pump, 8L sump, HKS valve spring,guides & the rest is HKS gear. A few things are changing right now though.

I run my plugs down to .6mm to avoid misfire & I use the Spitfire coils on them.

I don't have any real issues but I was wondering if running something like the Autronics 500R CDI unit or maybe the HKS CDI unit would help with a stronger spark & a better burn?

I've seen alot of GTR's with big HP upgrade their CDI & coil systems... any thoughts anyone?