SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

I'm liking the Blue dash, looks neat :)

Update on my car.

Engine is about 50% done, all the parts have come into stock and we're just waiting on the block to come back from being machined.

Decided to go all out and get a Garret GT3076R with a .86 rear, high mount manifold and external wastegate (Tial 44mm)

As for Cams I'm going for the Tomei Poncams, apparently they're the best drop in cams.

Suspension wise I'm going for a BC Racing BR series coilover which sould suit my needs. Also getting 5mm Steering lock spacers, aluminium steering shaft spacer, adjustable castor rods and whiteline blade adjustable swaybars front and rear.

getting a new RB25DET gearbox because I don't think my NA one will be up to the task of the power that will come from this mighty engine. Also getting a new Diff, probablly a Tomei Traxx 1.5way or something.

Hey guys I guess its about time I introduce myself on here as my car seems to be moving ahead now. Ive been on SAU for a few years now and some of you may know my charcol/ black R31 that Mr. Untouchable and I did a resto on about a year ago. But my new project is slowly coming together now so its about time I started posting up about it. Mr. Untouchable (Jack) and I went to Sydney at the start of last year to buy me an R32 GTST with a built 26 in it but when we got there it wasnt the car it was said to be so after trudging around the streets of Sydney in 40 degree heat for 3 days we finally stumbled across JapLink Motors who had in stock some very nice cars but 2 R32 GTRs which caught my attention. One was a clean unmolested 92 model. Black with stock wheels and just an exhaust but extremely straight and tidy which he wanted $20000 for. The other was a dirty, old, black unloved 94 model Vspec2 which he wanted $15000 for but didnt want to sell me. After much deliberation and numerous test drives we decided that if I was going to have to rebuild an engine somewhere down the track I may as well start with some extra money in the bank so I bought the Vspec! What a car i got it for $12500 with rego and a new battery plus shipping to Hobart and once I paid my deposit Jack and I decided to take it for one last test drive. Now this car was an ex track car so it had a few goodies left in it and Jack took full advantage of them screaming around the back streets of Sydney. Nothing like hitting the limiter in a 50 zone lol. But after a spirited drive we pulled up back at the yard and popped the bonnet only to find the dipstick had blown out and let about 3 litres of oil squirt all through the engine bay. :( Well to cut a long story short I got the car back to Tas did a turbo swap drove it for 2 days and dicided to rip the engine out. (breathing lots of oil out the catch can and more smoke than an old Massey Fergusson out the back) Which brings us to now 1 year later and I get a phone call from my mate Jaymie from Tas Engine Reco to let me know that my engine is ready to pick up so Im currently in the shed Painting the engine bay ready to put the engine in in the next few weeks. I'll be starting a buildup thread (once i work out how to upload pics from my Iphone) just incase anyones interested as im not putting the car back on the road until I fully respray it and do a few other things. But theres my story for anyone who feels like reading it lol. Sorry it turned out to be pretty long.

i thought you had a jap bendy cage in it. When is the first event? can't see anything in the cams calender

It did, has. made up new front legs, had more room once the original dash came out.

First event was hoping to be the skid pan day in Rokbey but that got canned so it'll be the hillclimb at Highclere on the 12th of Feb.

OOOO also just got my hands on a 10000k hid light kit so i can see at night as i do lots of night driveing:) Ebay how i love youuu :3some:

If you do alot of night driving you'll proberly find that the 10000K won't be worth a c**t full of cold water at night. They are very purple and don't throw a very long beam :(