SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

Spacers on, so much less hover-car-ness

Also some more plasti-dip action (rear gill things)

20130911_172503_zps33945526.jpg

20130914_160651_zps0e13c84c.jpg

20130914_170343_RichtoneHDR_zps69731f47.

Also tried my kakimotos on (won't clear brakes without spacers)

Really wish i had a full set :(

20130910_162909_zpsc5aa244e.jpg

(looks high because the suspension hasn't settled, and its pretty high susp too :P)

Have mainly been working on fixing up wiring under the dash, installed gauges, electronic boost controller and removing more sound deadener. Also mounted new wing, and working on front splitter to balance aero :)

kermit3

kermit2

kermit1

Looking good fellas!

I've seen your car out at Shaw(?) a while ago Funz and wondered what was happening with it, good to see you post, you should start a build thread. What's the purpose for the car...sprints, circuit racing?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Before I call an engineer, can anyone tell me if height adjustable/damper adjustable coilovers can be engineered in Tassie and if so what requirements do they need to meet?

I've looked through the Vehicle Standards Bulletin 14 but this only talks about changing from one suspension design to another (i.e. double wishbone to McPhearson strut), there's no mention of specific requirements that a coilover shock must meet.

Looking at BC BR Type RS which don't have pillowball strut tops or adjustable camber plates.

Hmm that's interesting, I was of the impression you could but wasn't certain which is why I was asking. I'm sure I've seen cars advertised saying they are mod plated for coilovers. It might be best to just speak to an engineer, thanks for the input though, I was hoping someone might have been through the process already who could give me a definite answer

For anyone interested, I spoke to an engineer today who said you can get a mod plate for height adjustable coilovers providing they cannot be adjusted below the minimum ground clearance of 100mm.

And just to cover myself....talk to the engineer you plan to use before purchasing new coilovers ;)

Maybe call the guys at Drummond, proper motorsport shock and spring set and aren't designed to be super low. Mine feel light years ahead of the previous Japanese brand coils that were in the GTR.

J.

• 2 months later...

so over xmas period i had mandatory leave period so decided to have a proper crack at cleaning up and painting the interior and cage. Managed to find paint in a can that was near spot on to the original interior colour which was good, even a green paint that was so close to my cars colour lol

(remember, I'm not a professional painter, it's not the best job but looks 100x better than it used to, and also.. im lazy)

Also gauge wiring is nearly done, only need to wire up the source wiring to the DIN rail to run everything :)

IMG 4803

IMG 4238

IMG 4236

IMG 4233

IMG 4804

IMG 4839

IMG 4845

IMG 4847

IMG 4883

IMG 4903

IMG 4767

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Haven't posted on here in a while, I finally got around to fitting my blast pipes sounds mint again although stupidly loud having no cat/mufflers ect, other than that not much else is new.

thinking of selling my gtr wheels if anyone's interested send me a pm with offers/trades

post-71390-0-54079700-1402311153_thumb.jpg