SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

so currently my car has a turbo back exhaust and pod filter and boost hits about 11psi and drops to 10, im about to install a jjr return flow intercooler will it make the boost go up again? I know the stock ecu has a shit fit if theres too much boost, should i get a boost t to prevent that from happening? or should it be ok...

A 'boost teee' isn't going to get you less boost.

I don't think you'll see anymore than 1 psi or so increase with a different cooler, if any at all.

Justin.

Edited by XRATED

Ah k yeah I get what you mean, should have thought about that, thanks

Didn't think it would go too crazy, just read things about having too much boost on stock ecu, but I guess it's people turning it up themselves

When you planning on hitting the track Toffy?

honestly im not totally sure mate , i want the car tuned by the end of the month with all the goodies on it i've accumulated , it only needs indicators for the front and a rear ball joint (and wheels, which are on another car) to pass rego which will be done next week , then i can go to town on it :D . hopefully early Feb i want to take it out on a practice day/private track day or whatever you call it to do a little test and tune , then im hoping to make the first drift prac . it could all go to poo if something goes wrong with the car though , but that's my aim :)

When will yours be out and tearing up the track?!

Edited by toffy

I hate setting goals as I always seem to underestimate how much time things will take, but the good news is that everything is starting to go back in the car. I'd like to say it will be track ready by the end of the month but there's a couple of potentially time consuming things that are out of our control, so we'll see what happens :)

installed my return flow fmic wasnt too hard just takes a lot of fiddling around, doesnt help being massively hungover...

pretty happy with it just went for a drive and pretty surprised by the temp diff on either pipe.

next to change my thermostat and coolant then onto powercruise :D

hmmm so i changed my thermostat and bled the system ect ect, then went for a drive and then looked under the bonnet to see that coolant was coming from between the thermostat housing and block, so looks like the gasket sealant i used didnt work/i didnt use enough.

http://www.permatex.com/products/product-categories/gasketing/gasket-sealants/permatex--aviation-form-a-gasket--no--3-sealant-liquid-detail

that is what i used, left it overnight and then filled with coolant.

cause i have to do it again, should i use that stuff again?

i also have this:

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Permatex-High-Temp-RTV-Silicone-Gasket-Maker-Red-85G.aspx?pid=114981&menuFrom=51001#Cross

which would be better, i found that the first stuff i used, you couldnt use alot cause it would just drip, sort off cause it was too much like a liquid...

hmmm so i changed my thermostat and bled the system ect ect, then went for a drive and then looked under the bonnet to see that coolant was coming from between the thermostat housing and block, so looks like the gasket sealant i used didnt work/i didnt use enough.

http://www.permatex....t-liquid-detail

that is what i used, left it overnight and then filled with coolant.

cause i have to do it again, should i use that stuff again?

i also have this:

http://www.superchea...rom=51001#Cross

which would be better, i found that the first stuff i used, you couldnt use alot cause it would just drip, sort off cause it was too much like a liquid...

rb thermostat gaskets are pretty hard to do with sealant

it took me about 5 goes to do the stagea

the easiest way is to spend $3 on an actual gasket from supercheap

rb thermostat gaskets are pretty hard to do with sealant

it took me about 5 goes to do the stagea

the easiest way is to spend $3 on an actual gasket from supercheap

ha ha i was annoyed already at having to do it twice! 5 would make me crack the shits!

but i used the ultra grey and it would perfect.

had no problems at powercruise :D