SAU Community

What Is Better Rb30et Or Rb25det

AAA34T

which motor is more reliable and stronger rb30et or rb25det i am planning an engine swap in my c210 skyline all i want is arround 180kw at the wheels or an easy 13 sec quater but i want reliability more than anything the car weights 1200kilos and is a weekend car to have fun with

RB25DET for sure :) Stronger pistons, better head, etc etc ;)

However, getting a 3L and putting a RB25 head on it... now that's a different story :) But not really required for 180rwkw. A standard RB25 will make 250rwkw reliabiliy if all support mods are setup correctly.

can i put a stock rb25det head on a stock rb30et bottom end and keep the rest as standard or do i need to upgrade other things to cope with the bigger bottom end what power would the rb30et with the twin cam head put out just a guess

25 would be btter all round id say,lot newer and stuff,but as u would have read there is plenty of unreal rb30 going round just that most need severe attention,as the one i had did,so be careful if u plan to buy 1

Actually RB30 bottom end is cheaper to build than RB25 and makes torque without reving the piss bags out of it . At first glance the extra 500 od cc's don't look like much but the longer stroke and much better rod stroke ratio do pay off .

The only drama is the front water passage and VCT oil supply , not that difficult to get around . The larger engine will make the same power as the 25 with less revs and boost or more from the same . Good rods and pistons for RB30's don't cost any more than 25's and make the 30 a proven 8000 rpm engine that can do 900 hp in 26/30 form . In more sedate tune 300Kw that pulls like a locomotive (and I should know) everywhere is pretty good .

do the rb25det have vvt system and which ones have it and is the vvt realy worth it has anyone ever done an rb motor into a c210 and was it easy hard how was it

Edited by datzla

All the RB25DET's have VVT except for the R32 versions.

I like the VVT, it gives you a nice little extra kick above 4700rpm or so when it kicks in.

By the way, full stops and sentence structures are a good thing.

How far have u got so far with the engine swap so far. Just wondering did you do a brake upgrade and what did u use.I am just doing all the research before i start so it does not take as long.any help is good help. v8skylineman [jason]

Edited by datzla

go the rb30et

far stronger engine

saw in a street commonwhores mag a Vl commonwhore with a rb30et running 306.6rwkw with stock LSD diff and tailshaft

if u got the dough buy a rb30e, plug a big turbo on it, chunky cam, forged rods, new pistons, new ecu, new plenum (possibly custom), bigger throttle body and u will have one mean ass c210

the rb25 engine will cost a lot more and therefore less money for mods!!

simple solution - buy decent rb30 engine = more money for mods = mean ass car!!

it wasnt for just one dyno run

its his daily driver

all be it that he detuned it after posting 300 rwkw

one line you say it wasnt for one dyno run

2 lines later you say that it was detuned.

i think that proves exactly what my post was getting at

How many rb25's blow up their ringlands at 250rwkw, vs rb30's that still have stock internals that survive at that power?

why is it that the top few spots of the r31 club have 100% STOCK rb30E bottom ends, except for a rb25 with forgies and gtr rods that can't even make top spot on c16 and semi's :( hehe