SAU Community

Street Racing In Osaka

monk

ive been down to the drifts in nanko but i cant find anywhere that theres some 0-400 happening.everyone ive asked tells me to go to chiko which i have at various times but havent seen anything or even anywhere that looks like itd be good for 0 - 400.any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good point, Ive been in Osaka for nearly 2 years and havent seen any drags... mostly due to the fact I couldnt care less about it though :P

with my car off the road for a while thanks to shakken it might be time to go have a look though. If you find out where and when let me know.

If its anything like the drifting though it may be a bit dead at the moment. The street racers here seem to be a little soft when it comes to cops and are easily scared off.

^^^ yep, definately not like the heydays back 5 or 6 years ago. The drags were out near a huge Kuroneko Yamato depot... I know thats pretty vague, but once you're out there just follow the heavily modded RX7s to where they're going ;)

Savalas will probably have more detailed directions?

Depends what you call dead. Up till summer last year everyone was going to the same place on Friday/Saturday night so you would have a huge amount of cars at the one place. Now its split over 5-6 places.

So for the spectator I guess its not as good. But for someone who is participating it doesnt really make much difference, an actual bonus is that cops are less likely to break up a group of 10 cars Vs a group of 50-100.

shakken is like an aussie roadworthy test every 2 years... (my car is currently off the road cause of this RRRrr) and costs a furken fortune!!

The cops are supposed to be cracking down on illegal cars lately but its nothing like Australia. IF you are unlucky enough to actually be stopped 90% of the time you are let off with a warning. Very occasionally they will write all of the defectable items down on a form and you have to repair/replace these items and present the car to the designated cop shop.

Speeding is far more lenient here and 10-15kph is pretty much ok, atleast in Osaka anyway. The speed cameras are as big as a house and mounted above the road so you can see them about 2kms away. They dont even go off unless you are doing about 40-50kph over! LOL

Drink driving is alot more harsh with big fines, about $3500 AUD, and a limit of 0.01% BAC or something (basically you are not allowed to drink and drive).

Edited by Streeter

streeter where do u race?the only drifts i know of are at the kamome ferry.i went to maeshima a few times on the island behind USJ but there were just 2 guys in 180s that couldnt drift to save their lives.

rezz,have u completely abandoned 7tune or what?

Ive been drifting my car for 2 years...  the latest thing Ive been working on is touching gutters on entries so you dont wanna know what the car looks like now  :lol:

I remember that night... myself and a friend were there for all of 20 minutes and then disaster struck... surely you could get 9 -10K for your S13 in AU Jesse? :D;) ;) hehe

monk: I'm on temporary hiatus until I get my #$@%&$#@ing computer out of customs... and my cars... and my furnature... and my...

yeah 9-10k (maybe for an unregistered beat up Qs with an engine swap)minus shipping it to aus, getting someone to sell it for me, how ever much deregistering is here plus who knows what other hidden costs.

Sounds like Id be lucky to come away with 5-6k change in which case Id be hard pressed to get a better car than I already have. Not to mention down time of having no car and all the potential f**kups along the way... I think Im just gonna take it up the arse and get another 2 years shakken on it. :D

ive been down to the drifts in nanko but i cant find anywhere that theres some 0-400 happening.everyone ive asked tells me to go to chiko which i have at various times but havent seen anything or even anywhere that looks like itd be good for 0 - 400.any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chiko has been dead for years. Used to be as many people out watching the drags as were watching the drift. The road that they used was frequented by a lot of big trucks. I think the trucking companies and drivers got too sick of it all and put some pressure on the Government to do something. At first they made ripple strips all the way down, after that didnt help they put an island and barriers that ended up in a bottle neck, then they made the whole area off limits after 10pm. It then all dried up. I remember I was out there once and the cops blocked off both exits will buses and gave everyone a ticket, except me !! :-) baka gaijin, nihongo wakarenai !!