SAU Community

13.4 second 1/4 for your 'stockish' R33. (A how to guide).

rev210

nismoR34

i crossed the line at 8k, and engine came off power badly. thats the way i got 13.872.

but if i shift into 4th it should be much better. i didnt mean for it to go to 8k.

whenever i changed to 4th i would get a 14.2-14.5

maybe i should imporve my shifts. (4th gear grinds) i need lighter oil.

Thanks for that info MotoX - i think i will leave my rev limit intact and work on the...hang on my changes to 4th are ok, I think I need better oil though :) crunch crunch

8,000rpm isn't as healthy as 7,000rpm. If you aren't making power at 8,000rpm why rev it there and cop the extra wear?

At sustained revs beyond 6500rpm the standard pulley ratios will cause the water pump to cavitate.

Yep pipes are in same spot.

You might need to drill one hole further up on the bracket to bolt on the 34 one. Or the photo might just have them looking different.

Easy as :D

Looks like a waste of time to me, hardly bigger just get a FMIC, I know your against it REV but someone already beat you to a 12sec pass with a stock turbo using a FMIC so they can't be all that bad with the stock turbo.

I ran a best ET of 14.4 yesterday @ heathcote.. Only had about 4 runs to try a few things unfortunately as it was pretty busy. Track was rain effected, so not sure whether that brought times down.. None of the other 5 SAU cars there could get under 15 for a stock(ish) car. Its not easy - not many VIC GTS-T guys are getting into the 13's with the stock ECU/turbo combos at all???

Tried 225/50's on stock 16" rims.. Didn't make much difference as far as i could tell as to traction..next time i will just use my street 235/45 on 17"s...

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by predator666

I ran a best ET of 14.4 yesterday @ heathcote.. Only had about 4 runs to try a few things unfortunately as it was pretty busy. Track was rain effected, so not sure whether that brought times down.. None of the other 5 SAU cars there could get under 15 for a stock(ish) car. Its not easy - not many VIC GTS-T guys are getting into the 13's with the stock ECU/turbo combos at all???

Tried 225/50's on stock 16" rims.. Didn't make much difference as far as i could tell as to traction..next time i will just use my street 235/45 on 17"s...

i noticed u were getting really bad launches and all of your runs 2.

wheel spin sux.. got aftermarket suspension, pineapples, and reasonable street tyres (ok, not the best, but should be enough) - not sure what else i can do to be honest.. I was getting 60' of 2.5's or so which isn't great.. even if i can knock that down to a low 2s if i got a good launch (damn helmet - can't hear shit), thats still only a 0.4s gain and only going to get me into high 13's..

After 2nd well just floored it and banged it into each gear right on 6,500 as quick as possible and foot right back to the floor .. to me they seemed like perfect changes - not sure whether i can do anything to improve that part?

I tried a bit of changing into 2nd at lower revs (5000rpm).. didn't seem to help - u just lose the speed which counters the increased traction.

Originally posted by predator666

None of the other 5 SAU cars there could get under 15 for a stock(ish) car.

Hey, I got a 14.7 before the rain kicked in [again] :)

I basically lost 1st gear to wheelspin on my 14.7 run which had a 60ft of 2.63 - this was my only run with traction control ON!

Surely the GTR-700 can do a better time than low 9's with a TS of 164.9mph? ~ I am suggesting all times were slow due to the rain-drenched track. They should have cancelled the meet but I dont think they wanted to lose the money :rolleyes:.

my quote from another thread:

my best of 14.7 is not exactly the car's potential IMO, but a bit more respectable than my first 2 efforts: 19 and 16.97 ha ha!

I think starting with a wet track was never going to be an easy task - my drag strip driving methods will be improving [i already know how to drive the car on the street].

I am a bit pissed off about the rain / times really but the day was good and the support / enthusiasm from everyone was great! thanks.

we have some good video footage too - online soon!