SAU Community

Would you want war in Iraqi to happen?

pushead

Originally posted by inark

womd?  

-sif iraq dont have weapons please...

if it does go ahead and cheaper petrol prices come out of... im all for it lol  

j/k

cheaper oil prices? the skyline drinks pretty badlyy.. arhh well, its sitting at $1.05 /l for optimax.. if the war starts get ready for $1.50 /l.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George Bush is as insane as Saddam which is clear from what has gone on recently. Its scary in fact that such a ****ed up person on Bush can somehow get into power in US (and remember there was all sorts of controversy as to whether he even won due to secondary counting) and lead them into such a dangerous confrontation when the large majority of the population is against it.

I think that while the US will of course be able to kick their asses, Saddam would have learned much from the last war. He's not going to sit there in the desert with his tanks and thousands of troops waiting for the US to assault them with superior firepower, training and tactics. He's not guarding Kuwait anymore, he's guarding his own ass and country from invaders (the US) this time. If he has thought clearly, he will trying to fight everything out in the capitals, amongst the streets where he knows the US will struggle on unfamiliar territory (street combat), something that has gone on for many decades in the middle east. It is something the US isn't that familiar with, and one they will struggle with. It is about the only way Saddam could get his own in against America's superior army.

This will result in large civilian or US soldier casualties which he's going to go use to all possible benefit to produce to the world to get them to turn against George's little war. While he is pretty crazy, he is a pretty good tactition to still be there after that many years, so surprises could happen.

A few dead civilian bodies and the tide of the muslem world who are in some cases sitting in the middle of the fence will soon shift against the US. It could be a vietnam all over again. This time, even other surrounding countries could be drawn into drawing sides - resulting in a much wider conflict of West vs Middle East. This could be a very dangerous situation, and things could easily escalate past Iraq. One thing can easily lead to so much more conflict - take September 11 as the most recent example. That is what i'm worried about.

No war is ever "simple" and the effects can be felt around the world for decades.

NO.

I don't believe war and violence solve anything. They just bring death and misery and economic downturn. And more importantly, war would bring revenge and more war to come.

Can we just live in peace? They should spend more budget allowance to auto R&D and subsidize auto importation, don't you think? :D

i still think they should just have a lan... bush picks 3 of his l337 homies from the cabinet and sadam picks 3 of his l337 henchmen and they play counter-strike of a 3 map war.... swapping sides every 10wins.

sif have to kill ppl for real.. or at least rock scissor paper or somethin....

btw BUSH is a puppet... hes got so many hands up his ass pulling on the strings and influencing his decisions its almost like punch and judy.

i think war will occur, if it does america will win for sure as they have several other countries on their side. The US will just strike iraq from the air.....game over! america as much as some people hate is the capital of the world! they have the weapons the numbers and so far some support!.

"Can we just live in peace? "... hmmm, thats a very noble concept Shiro.

However in the entire written history of humankind has there ever been lasting peace throughout the world?

No!! Since time immemorial humans have fought each other for one resonor another. Conflict is in our nature and so it shall always be.

Yes Bush is out for revenge, yes he is driven by oil and $$$ and yes he is a puppet but war is likely to happen one way or another so we'd better just batten down the hatches and prepare for it.

Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990 and what goes around comes around. Lets see how Saddam likes it.

As for rising petrol prices, just go easier on the right pedal.

I dont think Bush is to be blamed here for anything. Ever since president Truman, the US president has acted as a puppet to serve the interests of the powerful Zionists who came from Europe after WW2.

Its way to clear now. Look whats going on in occupied Palestine. I dont think i have ever seen America take possitive steps to help solve the conflict there. They are just letting the top Zionist politicians do what they want. It is a fact that most Israelis do not support what is going on and just want to live in peace. But there is a minority who want everything for themselves. This can be seen both on the Israeli and Palestinian sides.

So in summary. Bush is just serving the interests of Israel. The only thing that stands between Israel and full control of the middle east is Iraq.

Couldn't have said it better myself Mash.

Although I'd like to see Israel try to take down Saudi Arabia, Iran, Lebannon and Syria. Maybe then they'd realise that they are living on stolen land and that trying to take more is an affront to human rights.

Mash is not "anti-Jewish" He's simply stating a fact.

You can't say anything which contradicts Israel or the Jewish people these days without being branded anti Semitic or a Nazi.

Israel has been free to massacre hundreds of Palestinians and destroy Palestinian homes so more Israelis can settle illegally on Arab land for far too long.

After the massacre of innocent Palestinians by Israel in the refugee camp of Jenin. Israel prevented UN officials from entering to see if Palestinian human rights had been violated which of course they had.

hmmmmm, put hundreds of people into refugee camps and then murder them all. Sounds like something one country did to another race back in WW2. Can we all say "Hypocrites?"

yes, true.. its hard to tell sometimes, often people go on about "zionists" with little rational thought and those people are nuts - i guess that is what led me to that comment.

Israel does have a lot to answer for, and so does the United States, and so does Iraq, and so do so many other countries. To me neither side is right, and all that any of this involves is death and suffering for somebody and its never "right" or "wrong" for that to happen to any person, race, or country.

Thing is, we shouldn't be getting involved in a conflict over the other side of the world that we have little reason to be involved in other than we blindly follow the US no matter what the real motives are. That just draws our country into something that was never really our concern and should not be made our concern. By getting involved it just _does_ draw us in, and will in future and here is now and this is when we should be putting our foot down as a country and saying "no". We can do it.

What is there to discuss?

-The UN is useless and does nothing but talk. All the UN can produce is a lot of hot air.

-The US will attack Iraq if it feels Saddam is not disclosing all its weapons info

-Bush knows he doesn't need the UN to successfully invade Iraq

-Bush feels Iraq is not cooperating so war is probable and no country on earth can hold back the might of the US military.

Conclusion- Half the world disagrees with the US, Iraq is in deep shite.

i have a question...with all these "nukes" and "bio" weapons, how much can our poor, unstable planet take? unstable due to humans already pushing it to the edge of extinction?

people are waiting for another meteorite that wiped out life on this planet(dinosaurs)...i think its already here...in the form of human life.

"fighting for peace is like fu(king for virginity" - crazytown....i know we must "fight" terrorism and the like, but, surely there is more than one way to "skin a cat"?

all i can see is one nation being scared of the other(for a nuber of reasons), so they power up thier weapons...

the US are right in the fact that they shuold be stopped...but who will stop the US?

i cannot see any good coming out of this. and we are one step closer to our dimise. im not smart enough to think of an easy, neutral way out of this situation the world is in. question is - is anyone?