SAU Community

Would you want war in Iraqi to happen?

pushead

I am anti nothing. My best friend here is Jewish. I am Lebanese and lived in the middle east for 10 years. I know what goes on there first hand, not what they show on the news here.

The only thing i am against is people who kill others in the name of their Faith. Let it be Israelis or Palestinians. I am ANTI FUNDAMENTALISM

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still with Mash on all points.

There is absolutely no difference between Fundamentalist Muslims and Fundamentalist Christians. Muslims blow up cars, Christians blow up abortion clinics.

Which brings up another contentious issue, I'm fiercely pro choice:- I feel a person has the right to do whatever they want to their own body. All those "Right to Life" people should go to live in Iraq. At least that way when the US annihilates it we'll be killing 2 birds with one stone.

I can sympahise with people who are against war with Iraq even though I support it but I am militantly opposed to making abortion illegal.

In respons to Mash's question, I'm anti organised religion.

Religion is a crutch and chrutches are for cripples.

Religion is out dated, archaic and irrational. If people want to believe in something they should believe in themselves.

So called "gods" don't make things happen, humans do.

Not some fake being in the sky, earth, sea or where ever.

The scariest thing is Osama will be back, assuming he's not dead (which i severely doubt).. .and for sure he will have something in mind more more deady and far-reaching than September 11. That is more scary than whatever happens with Iraq, because he could strike anywhere, including Australia considering our lax security.

The amercians failed with Bin Laden, and they could possibly fail in their objectives in Iraq. Do they really want to be running a "caretaker" government in Iraq afterwards for decades?

Originally posted by predator666

because he could strike anywhere, including Australia considering our lax security.

Working in the defence industry, and working closely with airport security, i'll have to disagree.. australia has been rated now as having one of the most strict security measures in the world.

Melbourne itself has even been criticised for being way to strict on security issues.

Heck, we I try and get security clearance for a new staff member it now takes about 6 months to come back!! for something that took 2 weeks..

Getting a passport took 2 months as well.. which used to be a 2 week process.

I say the more the better.

Originally posted by predator666

The scariest thing is Osama will be back, assuming he's not dead (which i severely doubt).. .

doesnt matter if he is dead or not...his ways and views are alive and thriving. knock osama (or saddam) down, and someone will take their place...the scary thing here is, the person/s that take their place might be worse

i disagree with you mash...violence is not just from religion...it can be, and more likly be used as a cover, but i think greed and jealousy play a big part, if not bigger. and when its a mixture of all three...no-one is safe (in terms of the way the world is run today)

I am jsut wondering how many of you are actually watching this subject with both ears and not one. There is always two sides to the storey and just because headlines point to one event in history doesn't mean that only one thing happened.

While I think war is wrong I also beleive that something has to be done for Iraq to realise that they are playing around with the fate of the world.

Bush is taking the inititive to try and disarm Sadam. Sudam has been undmining the un/world for 12 years with his weapons and the rest. Bush has also said that on wed 5th Feb he will outline how iraq is involved in terrorism and weapons of mass destruction. This is where the world will either be for or against.

If bush doens't put forward an appropriate case then no war shouldn't happen but if he can prove that sadam is harbouring terrorists and weapons of mass destruction are you all still going to turn a blind eye and let sadam keep going...???

Originally posted by Sniffy

"fighting for peace is like fu(king for virginity" - crazytown....i know we must "fight" terrorism and the like, but, surely there is more than one way to "skin a cat"?

:werd:

I do think Bush will be able to prove that sadam has weapons... I believe the US sold them to Iraq in the first place and Bush found the receipts.

War is only gonna waste life. I dont think we should get involved, all its doing is giving Iraq an excuse to have a go at us. We've already given the US enough favours in the past and what has it given us?