SAU Community

Fmic, Where To Go For An Install?

keong

I was trying to install my FMIC this arvo only to find out my car was one of them cars that need the support bar to be cut... decided to give up after that and send it in for someone else to fix it. Basically front bar is cut, and the hole to fit the pipe through is also done. Just wondering where all you people got your FMIC's installed, thinking in consideration to prices... thanks all !!!

I was trying to install my FMIC this arvo only to find out my car was one of them cars that need the support bar to be cut... decided to give up after that and send it in for someone else to fix it. Basically front bar is cut, and the hole to fit the pipe through is also done. Just wondering where all you people got your FMIC's installed, thinking in consideration to prices... thanks all !!!

depends wich area u from, sonny from ultratune at fair field, does a very good job $200 straightfoward fit...

my car is with him now..

PM me if u want his number

alot of Nissansilvia guys go to him

pm me if u want pictures of his work...

cheers

Haz

Edited by MYSTR33

do what i did: buy a cooler kit and a case of jim beam and cola. Have a can. Go to your mates place who has a set of ramps to put the car on. Have a can. Take off the bumper bar. have a can. Remove old side mount cooler. Have a can. Remove old piping for side mount cooler. Have a can. Cut holke for new cooler pipe. Have a can. Attach the cooler to the car (i put it on about 10cms offset to one side because i was a bit pissed by now) Connect up pipes. have a can. Put bumper bar back on. Have a can. Look at the cooler through the bumper bar and notice its ofset. yell, scream and curse and stumbell all over the shop. Take some photos and have a few more cans. Throw up because youve had too many. Have another can and pass out in the backseat of your car.

Get woken up by best mates old man asking you why the fu(k you are sleeping in your car. Mumble something to him, pack up tools take car off ramps. Have a glass of water to make you feel better. Head to maccas for a greasy breakfast.

Make sure it gets done properly! :lol: I still havent fixed it, you cant notice it much unless you look at it for a good 10 secs or so. I think ill fix it next weekend.

do what i did: buy a cooler kit and a case of jim beam and cola. Have a can. Go to your mates place who has a set of ramps to put the car on. Have a can. Take off the bumper bar. have a can. Remove old side mount cooler. Have a can. Remove old piping for side mount cooler. Have a can. Cut holke for new cooler pipe. Have a can. Attach the cooler to the car (i put it on about 10cms offset to one side because i was a bit pissed by now) Connect up pipes. have a can. Put bumper bar back on. Have a can. Look at the cooler through the bumper bar and notice its ofset. yell, scream and curse and stumbell all over the shop. Take some photos and have a few more cans. Throw up because youve had too many. Have another can and pass out in the backseat of your car.

Get woken up by best mates old man asking you why the fu(k you are sleeping in your car. Mumble something to him, pack up tools take car off ramps. Have a glass of water to make you feel better. Head to maccas for a greasy breakfast.

Make sure it gets done properly! :lol: I still havent fixed it, you cant notice it much unless you look at it for a good 10 secs or so. I think ill fix it next weekend.

Have you been hanging around with Fatz by chance? kekekegay.gif

what happend to the rest of the case if you only drank like 9 cans? also FTR a 700ml bottle of beam, a couple of big bottles of coke and a kettle is the way to go.

the rest of the case went to the mechanic as a thank you for fixing the mess at such short notice.

If you near sutherland shire area, Mr_G (Sau member) can do it for you.. Hes helped with a few installs for friends, n forum members..

If you serious, PM him or me and i will give u his number..

Jason done my car yesterday, its all holding up fine got it done in around 3.5 hours ..working non stop. I would recommend to anyone wanting their FMIC to be installed to go to MR_g , good job and cheap :lol: thanks mate!!!

You bought good quailty piping man..

Glad the cooler is all working fine etc etc.. gd thing u got it done soon, coz its so damm HOT right now!!! cant imagine how hot it would be in engine bay.. ouch..

Yea took jason 3.5 hrs or so.. I was the supervisior.. hahahah.. Kept him at his pace n kept him alive from the damm heat..

Well enjoy your car man..

Yeh i mounted the Can to the FMIC piping hopefully it wouldnt move , its such a big piece of crap and its pretty stable also took out the silencer hopefully give the exhaust more flow. On a sidenote: Nothing wrong with the install of the Piping work yet, all running fine ... i just need to get the T join to see how much boost im running.