SAU Community

Sydney Air Conditioning Group Buy

N1GTR

Guys,

With the heat coming/already here, i decided to get my AC converted from R12 to R134A and gassed up, the guy who did it did such a good job i organised a group buy for SAU members.

Group buy start date: 1st January 2006 (not far away)

Group buy end date : 1st April 2006

Location: When you book with Phil he will give you a location around the Bass Hill area

What you get: COLD AIR!!!! - New receiver/dryer, new R134A gas, new rubber seals on the whole system. Basically everything you need. Plus warranty.

Price: $220 inc GST (take cash, no ATM's close by)

To book: Call Phil on 0418 608 680 and mention you are calling about the skylines group buy, he will give you a time and date

(If you can get this conversion done cheaper then great go for it, dont post here)

(Mods if i forgot anything please pm me and ill change/add - thanks)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well the old R12 gas is actually better for cooling, but most old skylines (more than say 10 yo) have had gas leak out, or even had it let out before leaving japan. now as R12 is very harmfull to the environment it's illegal to regas R12 systems. they must be law be converted to R134a. when the system is chock full of r12 it should be able to get so cold as to be almost unbearable, even in summer. if it's not that good then it may be time to go the conversion.

Yeah im sure a receipt can be provided if requested

dOOds, its worth it, i can usually put up with a lot of cold (skiing in board shorts for example) but it gets so cold in the skyline now i dont use over 75% force from the ac, and phil does a really good job

Baron is correct, its illegal to regas r12 (even if you can find it someone with it) so the conversion is cheaper in the long run and more comfortable :D

• 2 weeks later...
how can u tell if its R12 or R134?

generally its just by the type of inlet that goes into the tank.

The older R12 setup has a threaded top and the newer R134a has a quick release valve.

Take your car to the local AC joint and they can steer you in the right direction or take a photo and post it up and can answer it for ya :rofl:

Cheers B

Hey Stan, you could have a problem with the 'thermistor' in the air handling unit under the dash. This tells the climate control module when to cut the a/c pump in and out. Although your car being an R34, its unlikely to be faulty unless someones fiddled with it at some stage. But like they say- weird sh#t happens. My 32 GT-R was gas converted at the same place as Steves and Phil found out someone had put the temperature reader (thermistor) in the wrong place at some stage, and it was faulty, so he wired in a Falcon (yuk!) thermistor as a temporary fix (18C in mine feels more like 13!), it will need to be re-gassed again after the new Nissan sensor is fitted, but Phil won't charge for the gas again. He's a good guy.

Steve.Have you got any pics of the new system.

EDIT:Ive just got off the phone with steves aircon man and been informed that seen as though i have have had the system apart before hand for more than a day,It needs a new filter and full regass.

It's going to cost me $154.00 all up.

He is slightly cheaper priced compared to others out there.