SAU Community

R32 Gtst Vs Vl Turbo

I have a r32 gtst producing 295rwhp and my mate has a VL turbo producing 295rwhp.

What do you think the cars cars will be like againts each other;

60ft time wise

rolling race from 60kph-200

which car would you expect to do a better 1/4?

Do these cars weigh roughly the same?

Really just intersted to see how the 2lt goes against the 3.

I suspect i could get owned with all the 3lt talk on here. Only think i really have going for me is i run good potenza s-03 rubber and my mate runs absolute crap that sees him wheelspin alot.

Cheers fellas, Mick

i would love to think the skyline would kick the shit out of the commy, but a friend of mine told me that VLs are lighter than 32s, dunno how reliable that is though. and then yeh the extra litre would make a difference. Be good if anyone has a solid answer though :(

after heaps of searching i found these following weights for the vl, so depending what model, your 32 will be lighter

Weights:

(estimated kurb weight) (kg's)

Model Base Turbo V8

SL sedan 1253 1294 1338

SL Wagon 1307 1348 1392

Berlina Sedan 1292 1325 1360

Berlina Wagon 1350 1383 1407

Calais 1354 1383 1407

after heaps of searching i found these following weights for the vl, so depending what model, your 32 will be lighter

Weights:

(estimated kurb weight) (kg's)

Model            Base    Turbo    V8

SL sedan        1253    1294  1338

SL Wagon        1307    1348  1392   

Berlina Sedan  1292    1325  1360   

Berlina Wagon  1350    1383  1407

Calais          1354    1383  1407

What does the r32 gtst weight, has anyone weighed theirs?

i reckon vl's are the worst setup suspension and diff wise, for traction, with my old rb26 traction was a total 0% of the time, i mean at any speed i could plant it and light the tyres. with the stagea in only 2wd mode with the same setup rb26 (350rwhp) it was a beast and traction was sooo much better and the tyres obviously contact the road alot better. dunno about a R32 GTS-T for traction, but i'd have to say on a rolling run the rb30 should win. dunno about a standing start.

VL is around 1350kg Minimum for a executive and the calais is around 1400-1450kg i think.

my bet is the 3L torque and lighter car will win in the end.

let us know when u do race and the outcome :)

cheers

Brad

Haha the only reason the VL made it to a half sensible thread on SAU is cause of it's NISSAN powerplant..

VL = HOLDEN = SHITHOUSE

Thread starter you already answered your own question by saying he has crappy tyres and no traction. Although I'd suspect the solid axle rear end and extra touque of the commy to pull away with better tyres

I think it would be a very very close race but I would see the VL catch it up top due to the gear ratios and lighter weight. :(

I know im new the SAU but it shits me when people bag on VLs without anything backing it up. :)

I wish some people would give VLs respect and unfortunately the VLs do compliment the RB30 more than what the r31 does,keeping in mind I dont hate r31s I just think the RB30s are more at home in the VLs IMO.

Edited by RyanVLSL

216rwkw = 290rwhp.

Don't underestimate the VLT, they are definitely a quick car.

Mild mod wise they shit on both the R32 and R33 GTS-T.

At a recent dyno day a mate of of only has a 2.5" exhaust, 13-14psi tailing off to ~11psi and an avo intercooler, stock ecu, stock everything else.

It pulled 187rwkw.

The R33's on the dyno that were running 12psi with 3" exhausts, intercoolers and PFC's were making 190rwkw. For mild mods they definitely have lots of potential.

On the same dyno my R32 with rb30det, 3" exhaust, fmic, pfc, stock rb20det turbo @ 12psi tailing off to 9psi made 176rwkw.

The stock rb20det turbo sucks. :D

I think the VLT has the edge, it would really come down to the driver and tyres both of you are running.

On the note of Commodores... I drove my Uncles VT II Clubsport 250i 6speed manual.. OMG.. I was so so dissapointed. It rev's so so slow, sure it has a wide arsed power band but the thing just doesn't want to rev, it feels simply lethargic. Its nice to put around but very boaring when you put the foot down. So so dissapointed.

First felt ok but nothing that would make you go woooooh, second felt total crap, well it felt ok until around 80-90km/h where it felt as if the motor didn't want to rev and could do with a gear change. Basically it sucked, mine is so much more fun to drive, instant power any where, the v8 required you to wind it out.

Edited by Cubes