SAU Community

Turbo Comparisions On Rb26's,

StageZilla

heres a dyno graph all readings are on the same dyno (different days though) and they are on the same graph to read easier.

they are all rb26 engines with rebuild bottom ends (except the highflowed turbos engine which is dead stock). they are all stock capacity and the t04z engine and gt42 engine have different cams to stock.

there is a...

GT42 with 1.0 housing

garret T04Z 0.84 housing

r34 ball bearing low mounts

r32 highflowed stock turbos

here ya go...

108_0841.jpg

cheers

Brad

If all of the turbo's were tuned to max power then psi is irrelevant, one may make less power with more boost.

Diff ratio's here are irrelevant as its all done to RPM..

The poor bloke with the GT42.. Much too big for the 2.6ltr.

Excellent comparision.

Edited by Cubes

Fair enough, I missed the point that they were all rebuilt and tuned to max power.

Only saying that - some engines/boost may not be tuned as high due to different compression ratios, based on HG thickness or engine comp ...

But this is probably the best comparo possible. But i would still like to know boost pressures run across the board, if at all possible

the gt42 was lowish boost, i think around 20psi from memory, the t04z is on 18psi, and the r34 bb turbos i dont know, and the highflows are 18psi.

the t04z graph is simon (r32 GTS) on this forum on low boost (made 620hp i think recently on 23psi)

or by this you can see that twin hks t04z with 0.63 a/r rear housings are almost as responsive as a gt42 with 1.06 a/r.

added a garret t04z with.8 a/r as well for comparison

32gtr_581.jpg

IMG_9652_edited.jpg

32gtr_627.jpg

gt42 is running only 20psi

t04z are about 24psi

twin t04z's are about 28psi

Edited by Cerbera

Funny how some shops will claim more power from one ECU to another.

All ECUs will make the same power if the timing,fuel,turbos,intake etc are the same.

Note that its also the only graph not in full shootout mode.

The history of the 581hp car makes it a poor example as its had a few GCG turbos and GT42 cartrage in GCG housings and many engine builds plus 3 different ECUs and a best of low 12s at the drags, tho the Wolf that it was lending has done the fastest GTR pass in WA to date at 10.7.

Still looks like the TO4Z is the best street strip turbo at the moment.

LOL fastest GTR pass in WA @ 11.7

are you on crack

ND4SPD 10.7

Simons GTR 10.8

Got Boost (gts4 with rb26) 10.9

not even close to the lofty 11.7 you speak of

f**k even bobbos dead stock GTR did 11.8 .. stock turbos internals cams, mines rom, boost zorst and it hoses many a aftermarket ecu equipped GTR time..

Yeah the 581 rwhp is such a crap example.. had massive money thrown at it, blown up on a dyno (oh the memories) , its not like the dog box, autronics etc etc meant that the owner built the car to the best of standards...

/rant over

Brad well done for the post

Edited by [teejay]

Funny how some shops will claim more power from one ECU to another.

All ECUs will make the same power if the timing,fuel,turbos,intake etc are the same.

Note that its also the only graph not in full shootout mode.

The history of the 581hp car makes it a poor example as its had a few GCG turbos and GT42 cartrage in GCG housings and many engine builds plus 3 different ECUs and a best of low 12s at the drags, tho the Wolf that it was lending has done the fastest GTR pass in WA to date at 11.7.

Still looks like the TO4Z is the best street strip turbo at the moment.

also i do believe 2 GTR's and one GTS-4 have done 10's in WA

Edited by Cerbera

tho the Wolf that it was lending has done the fastest GTR pass in WA to date at 10.7.

Actually, the fastest pass by a gt-r in wa is Kier wilson, 9.something in his drag gt-r, and his street car backed it up with a low 10, and they both run motec..