SAU Community

V36 Can You Identify This Object In Boot?

Japanese digital tv tuner useless in Aus, take it out and attach a aussie compliant tv/media box if u are interested.

Do you have any info regarding "any" aussie ones that would be an effortless replacement? My 370 was equiped with a Panasonic DTV-M11T I'd love to get it replaced ASAP.

Edited by N3ptuNe

Ive also looked at the Asuka unit etc.

It appears that most units require a full rewire seeing as the antenna connections used by panasonic are some kind of proprietry connector. So I doubt there are many effortless units that ive come accross so far...

How much work is rewiring the connections to the back of the factory head unit / screen??

Edited by Bliksem

there is no rewiring needed. U can use the a/v inputs and the +ve/-ve power supply from the old box, just need to install the wire for new IR lead to the front of the car to mount on ur dash as you wanna use ur new remote, plug in new anntennas and position them on the rear windscreen and hide all the wiring. quite simple really...

The panasonic box has a simple 3rca a/v output where rca's will be attached already, you just attach these on to the new box.

• Like 1

Thanks mate, Mine Is behind the DVD Player / Dual Climate shroud somewhere. When I convert the FM oneday I'll replace it.