SAU Community

Ecu Names ?

Hi All,

poking around with the car I found few ecus and appreciate if someone can tell me which one is what .

pics below

also my ecu looks like it had some wire cuts , I am thinking the previous owner may have changed it to those boards that still use same shell with different board.

is there a way to find out without opening it?

does the dignostic software tell you ?

1.in the boot passenger side( is it hicas?)

i5dkjr.jpg

2.boot driver side (hicas or abs ?)

209rjw9.jpg

3.under passenger footwell ( ecu )? look at the tampered wires suggesting cutting was done

2u63hg1.jpg

4.under driver side footwell close to the gas pedal , what is it ?

2u8dp8k.jpg

5.under drive side footwell close to clutch

2dmcsvq.jpg

6. and this in the fuse box , what are they ?

4tnaxg.jpg

Many thanks :)

So, so googleable. Just for you own interest, why don't you try to google an image of a Nissan ECU? Google an image of a a HICAS CU.

And here's a tip. The E in ECU stands for Engine. So there is no such thing as an ABS ECU. It's just a CU.

I'll give you one hot tip. The numbers on those boxes are also googleable.

And here's a red hot tip. A screwdriver gets you inside the ECU too, so that you can answer your own question.

• Like 1

That was very sarcastic!!

I know what ecu is but not which one is what

Fair enough you can take the e our and say computer unit etc but generally people do say it is x ecu y ecu

Anyway , i will google and if anyone isn't as sarcastic and helpful of gtsboy then reply ( if i dont myself after googling model number)

Any clue as to what those fat and colourful relay looking things are called in pic 6 ?

The blue relays?

Didnt the car come with a cover on the fuse relay box? Should tell you what everything is on there.

I know and the box doesnt say on the label

You have the fuse which i know ,duh

You have relays which again is straigh forward but then you have the yellow green pink ones right at the top which have no clue what it is as never have seen such thing in 15 years of working with cars