SAU Community

Problems With My R34 !!!!!!!!!

Alright so about 2 days ago ive changed the coolant and actually put coolant into the car as before it just had water running through it, my car has been overheating roughly about 15-20 mins after driving depending on how i drive it if i thrash it it starts climbing but if i drive normally it keeps cool then slowly starts to heat up. Ive started turning the heater on full blast as that sorta fixes the overheating problem while im driving but does this mean it could be the thermostat thats screwed or could it be something more like a blown gasket or something? ive noticed that some hoses on top of the engine have some crystalised brown stuff leaking from them, could thise be the old coolant thats clogged up and crustified there blocking the flow of oolant into the engine? 

also another question are any other struts from other nissan skylines interchangeable with the struts i have now? 

Please any help is appreciated and needed!!! 

Have i bled it? like Burped it?-.......No i forgot too, hopefully that fixes it.

Fluid level is good as the reservoir tank and radiator are always full and only require little bits of coolant to be added after running and turning off but i might need to burp it.

The bottom hose is hot 

and the top hose is firm when its up to temp.

Ive been reading and im thinking it could actually be a blown head gasket.

One day i overheated and my reservoir tank was boiling/bubbling/popping it was going nuts could that be head gasket?

If you haven't been using "anti-freeze" your system could  be full of rust and cr*p.

First try bleeding all the air out (search if you're not sure how).

Get a radiator shop (or your friendly mechanic) to put a pressure tester on the radiator to spot leaks or may tell you if there is a major leak from the head gasket. Have a look through the filler at your radiator core. May need cleaning or replacing.

Get a new radiator cap, sometimes they get old and the spring wont function thus not letting water into the engine at operating temp.
Also do a proper bleed, top up the reservoir past the full line. Top up the coolant, turn the heater on full and whilst the car is running loosen the coolant bleed screw near the front of the plenum until coolant comes out.
Just my 2c on what i would doc40737aa1b7a43fdb50d0c6ccd16e3d0.jpg