SAU Community

Running ball-spring type boost controller on RB26

Running ball-spring type boost controller on RB26

Hi Guys.

This is a pretty specific question.  Is it possible for a Ball and spring type boost controller to work properly in the FACTORY location of the boost solenoid on an RB26, e.g R33 GTR.

The way I see it, is the factory boost solenoid creates a constant air leak back to the intake.  I replaced this with a ball and spring controller and am hardly able to get it to boost more than just the factory setup with restrictor removed.

Am I right in saying that due to the setup, a ball and spring boost controller wont work here?  I've tried it on both ways both wound out totally and wound in fully and really does not seem to be making any difference.  The boost controller is a Turbotech and there is nothing wrong with it.

If I want to run the Turbotech ball/spring boost controller, am I going to have to plumb it in differently, perhaps is there a different line I can intercept somewhere?

I'm just trying to understand why my Turbotech is not able to increase boost plumbed into the factory location of boost solenoid.

Thanks

Edited by RB335