SAU Community

R33 Gtr Lm Limited Buildup

Hello all

I purchased my R33 GTR LM Limited around January 2013. The person I purchased it from didn't own the vehicle for very long, he stated the previous owner had it in storage for five years and that it had a genuine 65XXXkms. He had an auction sheet to confirm this and the interior and exterior condition reflected the kms on the odo.

As he was able to swap my existing Subaru WRX Club Spec Evo IV as a part trade I decided on the purchase and my entry into GTR ownership began. I wanted an import that was somewhat rare and desirable and this fitted my criteria perfectly.

It came with some decent mods (2860-5 turbos, Power FC, 400awhp) etc though the power bug still bit hard having owned powerful cars before the WRX (Evo 6 TME 2.4 Stroker 400awhp / JZX90 Cresta 1.5JZ 450rwhp)

Then after conducting research on the power and type of build that I was after I re-aquainted myself with Jason from Greenline ordering a myriad of rebuild parts.

First some pictures of how she looked when I first purchased the car.

2rmmwxk.jpg

30mmphx.jpg

2958oav.jpg

23jh1f6.jpg

2s1np61.jpg

Once the majority of the parts were ordered the vehicle was dropped of at Galvsport for the transformation. Additionally some paintwork was carried out as well as I arranged for someone to give the car a full detail while I was away at work and the results were quite terrible. It left a lot of swirl / burn marks on the front and rear bumpers and bonnet. The car was taken to Street Rides to respray these areas. While in transit to Street Rides the tow truck driver accidently scratched (and minor dent) the drivers side door of the car. All though I was shocked and initially quite frustrated to hear this it turned out ok. The insurance approved to respray the majority of the drivers side to make it 100% rather then a half-assed 'patch up' job. I would definitely recommend Street Rides if you require panel & paint repairs. Their quality of workmanship and customer service was excellent.

5547dw.jpg

3496kns.jpg

1znbuhe.jpg

33mnd4h.jpg

30kyu88.jpg

2lxw8qv.jpg

2znpe6c.jpg

jzy6b9.jpg

2hq3qc9.jpg

Once the car came back to Galvsport gradually it all started to come together.

The specs of the car now:

Tomei 2.8 Stroker with N1 Block

Tomei oil pump / N1 Water pump

Jun 272 9.7mm lift cams (Jun valve springs / retainers / valve guides / HKS valve stem seals)

Nismo inlet manifold

Garrett GTX2863 turbos with custom inlet piping (Wiggins clamps & V-Band joiners)

HKS Fuel rail with ID2000 injectors

Twin Walbro 455 pumps in SARD surge tank and Walbro in tank lift pump

Vipec V88 ECU

Speedflow fittings braided lines (fuel lines / oil cooler etc)

Rebuilt factory 5 speed with OS Giken centre plate & Exedy Hyper twin plate clutch

Cusco RS 1 way front diff & Cusco RS 1.5 way rear diff (4.375 ratios)

BC ER Coilovers

Whiteline front and rear swaybars

CUSCO adjustable suspension arms front and rear

Work Kiwami 18" wheels

Project Mu slotted rotors & Project Mu brake pads

erlyd4.jpg

29ahad.jpg

34gvdy1.jpg

27y3d77.jpg

eki2dh.jpg

2ufxgdj.jpg

14sk20j.jpg

3466tg6.jpg

ju7ofn.jpg

w1xrbo.jpg

24bnkf4.jpg

xfcjd2.jpg

2zf0i1j.jpg

rkatxw.jpg

• Like 1

Nice build mate looking forward to seeing your results :) What fuel you gunna be running in this beast & what compression ratio is your motor?

Thank you mate hoping to make decent numbers and good mid range. It will be run in on E85 fuel though will be utilising a Haltech Flexfuel sensor once powertune is done so can run any % of Ethanol once it's set up. I am not entirely sure on compression ratio. I purchased the pistons with no valve recess I believe it is 8.6?

Glad to hear you're on the love juice mate as the GTX's really like lots of boost to make the numbers ;) Bit of a shame your motor isn't around the 9.0:1 ratio to give you more zing off boost and help that lil bit more with response. Either way she's gunna be a beast though! Hope it all goes smoothly looking forward to your impressions of how it drives etc :)

Out of curiosity did this car happen to come from Canberra?

I don't believe so mate. The guy I purchased it from in Perth purchased it from someone that originally had it in storage for 5+ years though blew up a big dollar engine it had trying to tune it himself.

As the build progressed I found out the Nismo 1.5 way diff it had shat itself internally and the driveshaft took a lot of effort to remove. It apparently was running two sets of injectors before as well.

Aside from that it presents very well. I have the original import papers (59029 kms), it is at ~67XXXkms now. The interior and underbody of the vehicle appears to confirm this.

Thanks for the positive comments guys. Hoping to pick it up very soon will post more pics then.

Well I finally picked her up last night and put some run in kms on her. So awesome to drive after having it off the road for so long (~15 months).

Powertune with E85 will be done at All Star Garage by the end of the week hopefully.

2129xmr.jpg

sqh5rc.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Very very tasty work/mods Gavin, you've done exceptional work improving the whole look of the car!

I couldn't see any photos of the sump...?

One of these would finish off the engine bay perfectly IMO

http://perfectrun.jp/src/detail.php?pid=39001&pname=GT%20COOLING%20PANEL&maker=GARAGE%20DEFEND%20&maker_id=39&result_mode=qui&cbid=101&carid=101002_10101