SAU Community

Take Care When Locking Your Car...

Tigger

This may be a repost but I wanted to give everyone a heads up on this...

I came across this video on another forum: [warning - 24mb]

http://www.crazycarvids.com/showvideo.php?id=335

Its about the use of everyday walkie talkies to interfere with the car alarm signals. Apparently thieves in Germany are using it to get easy access to cars where the owners just press the button and walk away without checking to see the doors are locked.

Alarms and walkie talkies work on the same frequency. This works on all types of cars and alarms even BMW and Porsches. Check it!

those detachable kits are becoming cheap now too... no need for sterring wheel lock.....

haha go out to dinner with the gf in one arm and sterring wheel in the other :)

those detachable kits are becoming cheap now too... no need for sterring wheel lock.....

haha go out to dinner with the gf in one arm and sterring wheel in the other :)

I would do this if my car did not have airbags

You could probably just chuck the wheel in the boot.

The mere sight of no steering wheel would deter most car thieves.

I dont know about the rest of you but sometimes whn i lock my car the alarm starts going off for no reason. I just wondering if it happens to anyone else, one of my mates seems to think that it is because the car is still running and the vibrations set of the alarm.

I dont know about the rest of you but sometimes whn i lock my car the alarm starts going off for no reason.  I just wondering if it happens to anyone else, one of my mates seems to think that it is because the car is still running and the vibrations set of the alarm.

sounds like ur shock sensor is too sensitive, my mates TT soarer would set off the alarm when it was idling with the turbo timer on.

just adjust it so its not so sensitive. if your cars idle sets it off then it probably means other cars with loud exhausts driving past will set it off too.

Some car alarms set themselves off in the hot weather due to an expansion of air inside the cabin.

Sensors read this as movement, and set the alarm off.

It can sometimes be remedied by cracking open a window a few mm, but relates back to that COGS said about sensitivity settings.

I love driving around the underground car parks and setting car alarms off with my exhaust note...

Nobody pays attention to car alarms any more.

People don't even want to look in the direction where an alarm is going off, in case they see someone stealing a car.

People don't want to be inconvenienced by seeing something which may require that they waste their time and lose wages by having to make a court appearance because some asshat wanted a free ride.

We discovered this one first hand when the batteries in the remote died...

crowded car park, we open the car manually due to being unable to disarm the alarm, the alarm goes off and keeps going off.... people walk on by, but don't look in the direction the noise is coming from!

Even while someone had his head under the dash with legs poking out the door trying to find the fuse to shut the siren up, people just continued to pass on by.

again....... nobody cares about alarms.

visual deterrents is where it's at.

I'd love to get one of those detatcheable steering wheels but my gf would refuse to carry it around in her bag while we are at the shops. She already carries around my stereo face and sometimes keys, imagine a steering wheel as well! :lol: I always check to see if the doors have locked after I leave as well.

"I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am!"