SAU Community

Cams License holders?

Duncan

i think sau is cams affiliated yeah?

if not where are you from? there are many clubs all over the place.

and you want a L2S to start off with 2NS is non speed.

I'm in Melbourne (S.E. Area)

Would it be wise to jump straight to PC or would you still need the 2S/2NS licence first?

I'd rather save money by going for the highest you can that will cover most, if not all the lower licences.

Thanks heaps for the quick reply Angus Smart and Beer Baron.

Edited by dalostcambo

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

delostcambo, you only need a PC if you are doing full circuit racing, L2S will cover 99% of events and is $400 cheaper

I was thinking along the lines of importing a race car.. Can 2S do it or do you need PC?

• 3 weeks later...

you will need a minimum or PC or NC or NR to import a race only car. but have you checked the requirement of a NC licence? you will need to compete in a minimum number of competetive events each year and we are not talking track days or supersprints. we are talking state series like historics, or improved production, or combined touring, or prod sports etc etc. have a look at the cams website but from memory the minimum number is 8 events per year which means at least $10K spent just on those 8 events, not including buying and prepping the car, and the licence costs.

How long are you guys waiting to get your licences? i applied for my L2S over 3 weeks ago :)

those bastards took 9 weeks to send our National rally licenses, we got them the day we got back from Targa. Real Helpful.

they are a disaster.

we got them to fax a temporary license the day before we needed it

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
really? i purchased the AASA (or whatever it is license a couple of times)

thats something totally different - yeah i have one of those too... (my 2nd yearly one)

("Australian Auto-Sport Alliannce" race license)

note: i might be wrong about the cams license too - but thought you weren't able to get the day license more than once...

(not that it matters! :rofl:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Hey David, SAU NSW and Vic are both CAMS affiliated so they are the best way to go in NSW and Vic. If you are elsewhere you can still join but you would need to go along to someone else's events anyway

oh ok..so only nsw an vic ay...

"ou can still join but you would need to go along to someone else's events anyway"

wat u mean by that though?

well SAU NSW and Vic obviously only run events over here. So while a lot of clubs will invite other clubs to their events, you are better off just finding a WA based club. Head to the CAMS website and do a search for clubs in WA - have a look what seems relevent and give a couple of them a call