SAU Community

I Did Something Silly

MANWHORE

I was reading up before about people blocking up the little bleed hole on the stock bov. Someone said it can be blocked up by just sticking a little bit of gasket paper over the little bleed hole.....

I thought this was alright at the time. Shock horrow, when I took my stock bov off the other day, the little piece of gasket paper was gone.

I'm assuming that it got sucked into the intake and into the engine. It was about 5 mm by 2 mm.

will this wreck my engine? and is there anything I can do about it?

ive had worse sucked into my motor, we had a duck call taped to my bov (factory one) one evening and by the end of the night it had disintegrated.

was good for many laughs, drove by the local movie house and scared the living crap out of ppl.

Yeah, I don't want an aftermarket bov. The stock one does not have stalling or rough idle issues, no hassles from the cops, no need to spend extra money on useless stuff etc.

Thanks fellars for putting my mind at ease. Jeez, the silly things we do sometimes. I actually did lose heaps of sleep over it. I keep reading on sau about even dust from the turbo killing the motor. I thought to myself shit, the paper would go in, and it'd get broken up, get between the piston and score the bore and piston....

I keep reading on sau about even dust from the turbo killing the motor. I thought to myself shit, the paper would go in, and it'd get broken up, get between the piston and score the bore and piston....

I think people are refering to ceramic dust from a stock zaust wheel after it sh*ts it self. paper is a long way from ceramic so all is good mate :huh:

I'm scared about using things like quicksteel now.

I did follow someone's ill advice to start off with, that's how the gasket paper got in there. Like, ok, maybe the paper didin't do any damage, but if the quiksteel breaks up due to my hard suspensions vibrating, that will do damage. That won't get burnt right up.

If i'm game enough to do it again, I will most likely just grab the wleder out of the garage and hit it hard.