SAU Community

Rb25 Intake Plenum

R33NT

I went to APC the other day and i saw a RB25DE plenum which looked very similar to the greddy item. It apparently uses the standard injectors and a Q45 throttle body but is a cheap casting job.

Has anyone actually had one of these fitted with good results?

I ask because i have a crappy cut and shut with a front feeding (like GTR) inlet and i would like to replace it with this one if it is any good. I believe they said it costs around $700ish.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I checked out ISL-33P  and his profile says a custom plenum (exchange) costs $1000 where the one i am talking about costs $700ish (from memory).

Where is APC, i would love to see some pics of the cast one.

Also paulr33, i need a front facing plenum like the greddy one for a 25/30 engine conversion so i dont have to lower the motor to far and can keep my strut bar.

i have a 25/30 and for 1300 ariel (ISL33P) created a custom plenum that flows a shitloads more than most top jap brands (has flow tests to prove and also comes with 80mm throttle body and bolts to stock runners and fuel rail

ben...

Not sure about the RB china Greddy copy but early this week i did an SR Greddy copy on a basic S13 that fell from 280rwhp to 246rwhp and could not recover the power by retuning.

I read somewere that the real thing does much the same.

ill get pics of the inside tomorrow to try and show how its pretty much full smooth theres no weld marks inside, no rough surface at all, and has been bench flow tested with less than 2% change within all 6 cylinders which i have recently seen a greddy one bench flow tested and it aint even close to that

ben...

• 2 weeks later...

Plazmaman Plenums are the best i have seen when looking to purchase a plenum. it works great and looks really good. They make em in some awesome 80tonne press.

go to www.gtr.com.au and have a look there (UAS) $1150

They are easy to install and use the stock throttle body (or you get another flange for any other type) and they use the standard gasket and runners.

Makes me engine bay look sweet and with the RB30DET i can fit my strut brace =)

skyplazplenum.jpg

skyplazplenum2.jpg

They have been flow tested and proven to make power as well.

DYNO SHEET BELOW SHOWS RESULTS OF THIS PLAZMAMAN PLENUM & INTERCOOLER KIT FITTED TO A SKYLINE R33 GTS-T WITH STANDARD TURBO, STANDARD ECU (WITH FUEL CUT DEFENDER), STANDARD ENGINE INTERNALS, ADJUSTABLE EXHAUST CAM GEAR, RAM POD AND FULL 3" EXHAUST SYSTEM.

plazmadu.gif

Edited by Guilt-Toy

This is what the one from APC looks like.

The difference is that this looks like it is meant to be there and it is apparently identical to the GREDDY manifold but takes the standard injectors (not standard throttle body).

post-2060-1139455220.jpg

Edited by R33NT