SAU Community

Rb26 Identification

I was just wondering if there is anyway you can tell what model GTR or what year the an RB26DETT was built by looking at the engine alone?

is there anything in the engine number? or small differences btw R32, R33 & R34's?

also, if i put an RB26 in a 33gts-t, will there be any clutch change needed? I have a Jim Berry brass clutch in there right now (behind my RB25). will that bolt up the a RB26?

thanks for any help. Just looking into the possibility at the moment.

Berin

• 1 year later...

Can Anyone answer the above questions, especially the one about the model identification?

I know this thread is a year old, but it has the questions i need answered.

I have an Engine Number: RB26 062621A. I am considering purchasing this engine, can someone tell me what model GTR it came out of ?

Can Anyone answer the above questions, especially the one about the model identification?

I have an Engine Number: RB26 062621A. I am considering purchasing this engine, can someone tell me what model GTR it came out of ?

Maybe FAST will do this for you Al. Try posting it in the FAST thread. if i had a copy id see if i could run it for ya.

might catch ya tomorrow at the GM. Ron

There are small differences but they can all be changed to look like a later model engine. R34 engines have different CAS, harder to make a 32+33 engine look like a 34 .

The only way to tell for sure is the engine number . The one you have there is a late 33 GTR engine, series III.

• 4 months later...

from another thread that wrxhoon replied too in regards to engine numbers

no i dont have a 94 gtr ,

we have a 95 ( may ) engine number 55xxx and a 97 ( feb ) eng number 63xxx and i know someone else has r33 95 ( march)51xxx and i know 45000 is a late r32 engine (94 ) but cant help you with a month .

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...