SAU Community

R33's First Day At School

man u think u guys had it tough with corrollas and cressidas? i had to make do with a 76 VW manual passat :)

though it was pretty cool not having to catch the damn bus

also, the OP is from NSW and in grade 12 this year yet he says he has a gtst, but the turbo laws in NSW prevent him from owning a R33? wth? unless he is on his L's and he has someone with him?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha how good does it feel, yr 12 driving a skyline, all the bitches checking ya out lol.

sometimes i used to take my brother's celica st185 GT4 and there was these other yr 12 students in their friggin commodores, one had a VK and one had a VN with aero kit. anyway they were mates and everytime they got out of the carpark they'd do a little burnout, so one day i was getting out of the carpark in my brother's GT4 and they were behind me beeping and acting smart saying you to scared to drag, so i desided to shut em up once and for all. so we got out of the carpark and went on the road, i f**ked em by atleast 4 car lengths, i couldn't even see the VK lol. they thought it was a normal celica they didn't even know wat a GT4 was lol.

Heh me and my mate are so ashamed. When he was in year 12 his parents gave him 7k for a new car so he bought a 95 4 door excel (cause it was auto and fuel efficient blah blah) and then he spent 1.5k on some ROH rims, lowered it, zorst, power chip (lol rofl hahah) and a 3k stereo setup.

So yeah, err... we thought it was da bomb. I wonder what everyone else thought while we cruised Mooloolaba esplanade with the doof doof cranking.

My first car in yr12 was an old school ra28 celica with a 18RG engine. complete with crows feet in the paint and faded beige interior. even still it was one of the "cooler cars" this was in 1995 tho :)

There were a few kids with DC plated that drove daddy's brand new merc.

And one bogan with a 351 in an electric yellow XD falcon. Second semester he wrote it off doing line lockers out the fronrt of the school at lunchtime. Next week he came to school in a beat up old 120Y...

he says he has a gtst, but the turbo laws in NSW prevent him from owning a R33?

Hmmmmm well your actully very far from the truth. I can drive a Supercharged V8 with 40pounds of boost to school if i had that chance to do so. Just becuase i'm 17 doesnt' mean im not aloud to drive a turbo charged car in NSW. I got my Provisional drivers licence in April last year. The new regulations came in i think in June/July last year. Meaning i (along with alot of other 17year old P platers) CAN!!! drive a R33. It's only the unforchant people, who got it after that the new conditions apply to.

Any way, i have lot of people in my year driving each day say a good 20-25, but range from the oldest mazda 121 ive ever seen ( i was paid to install 6.5" Fusions in the door AHAHAHHA you shoudl see it) to carollas and older lancers, acords etc, a couple of older Pulsers, OW and a charade this guy drives who thinks its king shit, allthough its a 80's or somthign modle, wich might have resembled the colour red about 15 years ago LOL

I worked hard for years to get this car, and it feels so good to drive it to school, i never dreamed when i was younger in high school i would be in this situation, but it feels nice, becuase everone says Hey your cars really nice, and im like thank you, then an old carolla with a 3" cannon puts his foot on teh cluch in the middle of the street and revs it. HAHAHHA i go what about his car. LOL

i had a shitty magna when i was in year 12, it was mad fun tho with big-ass stereos in my car. i was young and stupid.

yeah, i wish i could drive something like yours when i was at high school.....

also, there was a guy in my year who had a GTST R33 skyline done up to the Fast and Furious style, and he was a n00b, used to hit full boost at school just so that ppl can hear his BOV. not cool.

have fun with yours mate

Yes well my Stagea is just sitting at home untill September... Then it shall be driven to school :) Only other decent car I know that will be in our car park is a Red Manual FTO GPX... grrrr

Hmmmmm well your actully very far from the truth.  I can drive a Supercharged V8 with 40pounds of boost to school if i had that chance to do so.  Just becuase i'm 17 doesnt' mean im not aloud to drive a turbo charged car in NSW. I got my Provisional drivers licence in April last year. The new regulations came in i think in June/July last year.  Meaning i (along with alot of other 17year old P platers) CAN!!! drive a R33.  It's only the unforchant people, who got it after that the new conditions apply to.

- removed because I was wrong -

Either way I am glad you have found happiness. Just give it 2 - 3 years and you will realise needing a car to feel cool and better than everyone else is well, pretty lame... even more so when you smash the car or it gets impounded, and realise everyone was only pretending to think you were cool to get a ride in the car.

Edited by Amaru

Mate, im pretty sure you will find you are wrong. If you owned the car before the rules came in and got an exemption its fine, but if someone with their P's from a week before the rules came in wanted to buy a Skyline now, they couldnt legally drive it (as they dont have the exemption of owning the car before the rules came in).

Either way I am glad you have found happiness. Just give it 2 - 3 years and you will realise needing a car to feel cool and better than everyone else is well, pretty lame...

even more so when you smash the car or it gets impounded, and realise everyone was only pretending to think you were cool to get a ride in the car.

I think you will find that you are wrong matey.

The prohibited vehicle condition does not apply to:

*Existing provisional (P1 and P2) licence holders prior to 11 July 2005, unless they are disqualified for a serious driving offence committed on or after 11 July 2005.

*Learner licence holders.

*Vehicles with diesel powered engines.

*Suzuki Cappuccino 2D Cabriolet Turbo 3 698cc (1/01/1992 - 1/12/11997).

*Daihatsu Copen L880 2D Convertible Turbo 4 659cc (1/10/2003- ).

*Smart vehicles (all models).

If you are unsure if your vehicle is prohibited or you would like more information about P1 and P2 licence conditions phone 13 22 13.

Well there you go :)

hehe good thread.. *thinks of back in the good 'ol days*

When i was driving to school the range of cars were pretty crappy..majority were mid 80's RWD corolla's, late 70's and early 80's model celica's, a few vw beetles, and old statesman v8 burnout machine, a quick datto 260z..I dont know which was the coolest but the flashiest was a brand new excel haha oh dear..

This was 1998 btw

i had a 260z 2+2 with a sunroof :huh: it rocked paint was aweful but body was pretty straight. It even had a 2.8L 280z engine in it it went ok but it made more noise than power :D

its now sitting in dads garage waiting for him to strip it down and build it up... i am so tempted to buy it back

Doesn't apply to

*Learner licence holders.
That's just plain f*****g stupid. You can learn to drive in one, do the test in one, but then you wouldn't be allowed to drive it home!!!!

Michael_1882, while you're at school this year, you might want to ask one of your teachers to teach you to spell:

doesnt' mean im not aloud to drive
Try

doesn't mean I'm not allowed to drive

and

the unforchant people
Try

the unfortunate people

Learners having no restrictions and then being restricted on there Ps has been like this for ever and a day in VIC.

Obviously they make this decision, allowing learners to drive a high powered vehicle, based on the premise that they have a fully licensed driver beside them.

I didnt have a car in year 12 because I didnt go to year 12. :huh:

When I was in year 11 though I had a 4 speed TE Cortina, I didnt drive it to school because I didnt even have my Ls but when I got dropped off in it the day I got it my mates laughed. :D

Edited by RyanVLSL

I didnt have a car in year 12 because I didnt go to year 12. :huh:

When I was in year 11 though I had a 4 speed TE Cortina, I didnt drive it to school because I didnt even have my Ls but when I got dropped off in it the day I got it my mates laughed. :D

My uncle had a TC Cortina with a worked 351. He sold it when the chassis twisted.

I have my 32 gtst, (just finished y12, had car for 6 months,)

My little bro has a drfit 86. It's gunna be hilarious seing him drift in to Vic Roads to take his tests and lessons. :lol:

I'd hate to have had my skyline when I was still at school. They installed 3 huge speed bumps along the school driveway.. (have to drive down it to get to the carpark) One of the teachers SS commodore would always scrape haha