Pics Of R30 Skyline Touring Car From Winton Today

Z1LLA

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The car is painted in the next seasons colours, not the colours it was raced in, coz the guy who bought the car didn't like the darker colours. Does a new paint job make the car an imposter. The DR30 did not race with a holinger, the HR31's did. This particular car never raced with a holinger, or Motec. The new owner will be resotring it, to the original paint colour. The new owner of this car is the guy who restored Holden Number 1, if you think he doesn't know his business, you are sadly mistaken. Ghostrider, I try really hard to make sense out of your aggression and lack of knowledge, but I just can't. You come on to this post, (an informative post with some great pics), and turn it into a slanging match you know nothing about. Just because you think you are the R30 god, doesn't mean you know everything, just like I don't know everything about R31's. One last time, this is the real deal. I would hate to see the new owner read this post, he would reach thru the phone lines and rip your voice out.

That's very interesting cazz, you want to stick it up me, as some sort of lame ass buffoon that knows SFA, well let's just see where we are going here, let's just find out who does and doesn't know the real deal when they see it.

"What is NEXT SEASON'S COLOURS" there was only one blue used by GMS on DR30's and it sure isn't anything next season!

And the DR30 did not race with a Holinger! wonder who is clutching at straws now, because Holinger built all of the DR30 gearboxes, go check on the specs before you shoot your mouth off in future. The DR30 Gearboxes were Holinger built Nissan 5 Speeds. AND my girl I think you just might find the shift pattern was the reverse of standard. 2, 3, 4 & 5 in the conventional H pattern with 1st left and down, with reverse left and up.

AS for a slanging match dear Miss Cazz, I suggest you talk to the buzz about that, as I sent him a couple of PM's so that it didn't go the way your suggesting, and I apologised to him for my actions, so I guess your just running off at the mouth yet again.

As for my lack of knowledge, please explain just one thing for me.............. as it was part of Group A ATCC safety regs, IF this car is any more than a copy, OR PROMOTIONAL vehicle, show me where the KILL switches are on this famous #30 real mccoy your all so proud of.

IF that's not enough, how come this car has 2 wipers when the race car only had 1 & 2 seats when the race car had only 1, as I mentioned before. Why the massive changes to instrumentation and control switches.

Maybe it's time to put up or shut up AND just for the hell of it, and that you know the owner so well, why don't you show him the thread, put it under his nose and tell him to give me a call and just maybe we can all put this retched imposter to bed.

And CAZZ, IF you bothered to look at the link rsx84 put up, it CLEARLY STATES "SETON'S OLD CAR" which it was suggested by myself as a possibility VERY early in this post and the car Glenn Seton campaigned was #15 NOT #30 as is shown here and it was never more than the sister back up for George's #30 car. It never contested the ATCC other than the enduro's, which in those days were not part of the ATCC.

Just maybe IF it was showing it's true race number, none of this would have eventuated.

Remember! this car was & is presented as George Fury's #30 car, which I have said all along, it clearly isn't.

Thanks rsx84 for making everything so indellibly clear.

I give up, you are unbelievable. The car RSX84 is showing is a differnt car. You'd be anice bloke if you weren't so agro. Oh and if you PM me with your number, I will get him to give you a call. And then wait for my apology.

I give up, you are unbelievable. The car RSX84 is showing is a differnt car. You'd be anice bloke if you weren't so agro. Oh and if you PM me with your number, I will get him to give you a call. And then wait for my apology.

And last time we communicated over comments made by a certain SKY031, I thought you showed some intelligence, but now I question that too!

Now that it's a different car to the rsx84 link, WHERE did it come from??? You trying to tell us now that the #30 car Terry Ashwood owns/owned is the imposter.

But for mine, with the evidence we were presented with and not being privvy to the log books and buzz not informing us that he had seen them, what else were we to do but to do as we did.

Buggered if I know, everyones the expert, guess I'll just say nothing in future. But an apology is not going to happen.

PM Sent

To Ghostrider just thought i would give you a quick run down on the GMS DR 30 Skylines. Firstly the Nu.30 you are saying is for sale by Terry Ashwood is true but did you know that particular DR30 was the last of the 3 DR 30s Built by GMS. The first DR30 ever built and subsequently used for all other Homogilations was the George Fury car Nu. 30. The second car to be built by GMS was the Nu 15 car for Terry Sheil.These two DRs where the cars that were campained for the 1986 ATCC. GMS supplied local privateer Murray Carter with parts to construct his own DR 30 Touring Car. Furys car Nu. 30 Won 5 ATCC Rounds in 1986 and also won 3 Enduros. The same car won the Sandown 500 with Terry Sheil finishing 2nd in a heavily Damaged Nu. 15. This is were the 3rd of the three DRs constructed by GMS comes in to the story. This 3rd car (Terry Ashwoods Nu.30 thats for sale) was finished 3 days before the 1986 Bathurst 1000. GMS went to Bathurst with a brand new DR 30 which was numbered car 30 and Furys real Nu.30 which was the car that won Sandown was re Numbered 15. The new Nu. 30 was driven by Fury and Seton but failed to finish the 86 Bathurst due to seizing a axle bearing.Terry Sheils DR Nu.15(The original Nu.30) set pole and went on to finish 3rd. This car that you think you khow about is far from its original Group A specs that is true. The previous owner spent over $100,000 to restore the car back to how you seen it in the pitures posted by buzz. This car still has the original rollcage and under carriage. The new hubs you noticed were reconstructed as brand new items when the car was restored in 1997. This is when the motec was fitted and dash logger. The turbo is a GT3040 series with external wastegate and custom built log manifold. As stated by buzz the new owner is having some fun with this original George Fury Skyline before a ground up resto back to 1986 Bathurst Specs. There is another side of these group A that you will never khow about unless you speak to the people that were there eg, Fred Gibson, George Fury, Glen Seton etc,ect. Your knowledge on this subject sounds like it is limited to a few issues of zoom.

Edited by furyous

Thats what i was thinking...but its his car and he is free to do with it what he pleases.

I heard a horror story; that Terry sold his 2nd R31 for an absolute song...im sure he now regrets letting it go for what he did. Especially since the Sierras/M3s that you can currently get your hands on are all triple figures. It seems he has learnt his lesson.

Seeign this car at Clader go tme thinking about doing an old school DR30, but they are pretty heavy and not that sophisticated.

If you think $180,000 is cheap then its a bargain

Ghostrider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anything from you now, you bloody idiot. You owe more then me an apology after your rants. After speaking at length with the owner this morning, and directing him to your posts on this forum, he is very frustrated that you state to know everything, but in fact know nothing. He is drafting a letter for me to post up here on his behalf, and I will do so as soon as I receive it. He has also stated that you should be reported to CAMS for insisting that they have falsified his log books. You have bought the skylines australia forums under disrepute with your claims, and if it wasn't for me, the owner of this DR30, a very important piece of motor sport history, would have insisted that this forum and club were full of f^%k wits. Oh and just briefly, the DR30 did not use Holinger gearboxes, they used Nissan works gearboxes with Holinger internals. I hope you can listen to what other people have to say now without venting your obvious misguided opinions on this forum.

Ghostrider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anything from you now, you bloody idiot. You owe more then me an apology after your rants. After speaking at length with the owner this morning, and directing him to your posts on this forum, he is very frustrated that you state to know everything, but in fact know nothing. He is drafting a letter for me to post up here on his behalf, and I will do so as soon as I receive it. He has also stated that you should be reported to CAMS for insisting that they have falsified his log books. You have bought the skylines australia forums under disrepute with your claims, and if it wasn't for me, the owner of this DR30, a very important piece of motor sport history, would have insisted that this forum and club were full of f^%k wits. Oh and just briefly, the DR30 did not use Holinger gearboxes, they used Nissan works gearboxes with Holinger internals. I hope you can listen to what other people have to say now without venting your obvious misguided opinions on this forum.

cazz chill out it aint the end of the world or anything important

For the GTS-R ???? I hasve heard powder room discussions that he paid way less then that...pretty reliable source but still could be easily wrong. Perhaps those that really know have an agrement about what pulicly the car was sold for?????

Id just like to say i think its great to see these cars returning to the race tracks. Their are still heaps of old touring cars yet to be found and restored. Some we may have lost forever due to accidents, but other cars that have been converted into sports sedans and the like can still be restored back to Group A spec. This car at the centre of this story is a classic example.

Quote from omrae "cazz chill out it aint the end of the world or anything important" Not the end of the world granted, but not important. I don't think so. When other members of this forum get up here and tout that they know better than the owner of a Marque Skyline Australian Touring car, and absolutely ream the other posters on this thread, than yes, I m afraid it is important. If anyone on this thread should be getting a "Chill Out" it should be Ghost Rider, as he has offended many influential people, (I have not included myself in there), who have contributed more to the great Nissan Skyline reputation and heritage than almost any other one person here on this forum today. Perhaps Ghost Rider should get a chill out after what he has said in his posts. Give me a break. Here is a letter from the owner of the DR30 mentioned that should sort any doubts and questions out.

gavin.htm

Congratulatios Ghostrider you have just proven you another one of those f**kwits who thinks he knows the world but infact knows nothing.

they are on every forum

Geez I'm glad to see everyone is so smart to convict, without veryfying the authenticity of the document.

Please! would someone advise me if I'm correct in saying we only had 2 enduro's each year in 86 & 87.

Geez I'm glad to see everyone is so smart to convict, without veryfying the authenticity of the document.

Please! would someone advise me if I'm correct in saying we only had 2 enduro's each year in 86 & 87.

It was a Grp A car, so that means there were endurance races all around the world. But odds are the 3rd that he seems to be taking about would be the Wellington 500

QUOTE(Ghostrider @ 28 Feb 2006, 10:43 PM)

I have noticed that your phone number hasn't turned up by PM Ghost rider, perhaps you would like to email it to Gavin using the email address on the enclosed letter. Oh, by the way, Mandy is his wife. I have taken the liberty of enclosing a scanned image of gavin with the car. Oh, and a scanned image of the article on Holden number 1, which Gavin also faithfully restored. The DR30 has already featued in heaps of newspaper and magazine articles, with his Zed appearing on the front cover of more magazines than I care to count. You are truly incredible, and I live for the day when Gavin actually meets you.

post-8526-1141128300.jpg

post-8526-1141128350.jpg

Something else for everyone to understand.

WITHOUT a villain amongst us, how would we ever get this sort of information.

This is not the FIRST time I have done this and got jumped on and it won't be the last. IF I didn't stir up all this sh!t how would we ever get this sort of information.

And for the record, tell me WHERE I 1. Insisted that the LOG BOOKS were in actual fact tampered with, I merely suggested it was possible and 2. Actually made any statement that our Group A History was or has been tampered with.

I have bounced the posibility off some senior CAMS officials and they cannot guarantee it can't happen, or hasn't happened in the past.

If some scrutineers can make the dodgy decisions they do in motor sport, they would be capable of just about anything, is what I was told.

I'm sorry guys, but there are a lot of questionables in this document, a lot of fact as well, but for a person that has worked for GMS as a trades person (educated) and sold a car that he personally restored to our National Museum for $650000.00 they have a horrible understanding of our english languange.

Call me what you like, but I will continue to do this, and another thing, I would like to see them stop my CAMS license renewal, as they will find their respective asses in court.

I will respond to the letter later, but give me the answer to my question above first.