Pics Of R30 Skyline Touring Car From Winton Today

Z1LLA

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geez I'm glad to see everyone is so smart to convict, without veryfying the authenticity of the document.

Please! would someone advise me if I'm correct in saying we only had 2 enduro's each year in 86 & 87.

Dear Gooserider,

If I remember correctly you were the one who was convicting without any evidence. In answer to your question in 1986 there was 5 Endurance rounds the first being Amaroo on August 3rd 1986, second round was the Surfers Paradise BP 300 on August 23rd 1986, third round was Castrol 500 at Sandown on September 12 1986, fourth round was Bathurst on October 5th 1986, fifth was the Sun 300 at Calder on October 17th, 1986.

Plus there was also the support race at the Adelaide Formula 1 Grand Prix.

These dates may be out by a day or two, I have taken them straight out of the logbook, which shows the day the car was scrutineered. My car was not at Amaroo, it was in the middle of testing and couldn't be ready in time. My car won 3 of the Endurance races out of the 5. It won Surfers, Sandown and Calder. To top it all off, the car won the Manufacturers title for Nissan for 1986. :woot::blink:

It was a Grp A car, so that means there were endurance races all around the world. But odds are the 3rd that he seems to be taking about would be the Wellington 500

No Roy, It was the Sun 300 at Calder, which I didn't remember as an enduro as such.

That's what the article says that cazz has posted.

No Roy, It was the Sun 300 at Calder, which I didn't remember as an enduro as such.

That's what the article says that cazz has posted.

Dear Ghostrider,

I accept your pm apology. You say that I have tried to betray you as an idiot, it happened way before I got onto the forum. As for my comments being on a public forum, if you are prepared to refer to me as needing a Manager so I can stop handling myself and that I need a shrink, and discrediting and belittleing my friends when you don't even know me "In A Public Forum" what do you expect? This was the only means I had to deal with you.

Second of all, you say that if you don't spark this sort of debate how will you ever learn anything about these cars? You only had to ask. Everyone who knows me knows that once you start me talking about these cars you can't stop me.

You also say the pictures shouldn't have been put on the website portrayed as the George Fury car. Should Buzz have said it was the Dick Johnson Sierra? Should I have restored it especially for you so it was absolutel :cheers: y perfect before allowing any pictures to be taken? As Buzz explained with the pictures - the new owner has just purchased it and is going to have a little fun with it before restoring it to its 1986 livery.

With regard to your asking why the previous owner had spent over $100,000 on the car yet the car wasn't authentic to its original livery. Apart from completely stripping the car and getting it repainted in the 1987 livery, which is what it last raced as, his choice was to leave the spoilers on, and the majority of the money was spent on making the mechanicals perfect ie: rebuilt engine, new turbo, new brakes, wheel bearings, gearbox, motec etc.

The reason I bought this car was because I felt it did deserve a complete restoration. I had no say over what the previous owners have done.

Next question.

You say why would I want to take such a Historic car and have the risk of damaging it beyond repair when I could buy a $10,000 shitter. First of all these cars are built for racing and the difference between a $10,000 hack on the track and a genuine group A race car is chalk & cheese.

Why take such a risk? Ask Terry Ashwood. Because until you have driven one of these cars you will never understand. Keep in mind I am very aware at all times of what I am driving and I still haven't, and probably won't, drive this car to its full potential. After I restore this car to absolute concourse original condition in its 1986 livery, I probably won't ever drive it in anger again.

No hard feelings, I am happy to answer any questions you have. :D

Cheers,

Gavin

Dear Fury 30

Who cares if the actual car isn’t the original car, the actual car is worth nothing unless you have the original log book, the log book is worth more than the car. As to proving if the car is original who cares and you can’t prove it 100% anyway. There are a few people who could possibly say yes it is the car but won’t bet their life on it. Also I have spoken to some people who know the car and have said there is a lot of things missing especially it you want to race it in the same class as the other skylines.

JUST FOR FUN & an exercise in observation & enthusiat value, can anyone tell me, IF I'm such the idiot & d!ckhead you all want to think.

HOW DO I KNOW IT's an 86 spec car for one and in 87 spec livery for the second.

And forget about the colour, forget about the rear wing, and forget the side skirts.

There are a number of significant changes, some quite subtle, but still changes.

Here is your big chance to show how you might know these cars. IF the prize IDIOT knows, surely you should.

omrae, if you would have read earlier in the thread, he does actually have the log books. and what I personally thought, was very concise and well presented facts about the vehicle in question.

I found it too be very interesting and thank you fury 30 for coming on here to share this info with us.

JUST FOR FUN & an exercise in observation & enthusiat value, can anyone tell me, IF I'm such the idiot & d!ckhead you all want to think.

And forget about the colour, forget about the rear wing, and forget the side skirts.

There are a number of significant changes, some quite subtle, but still changes.

Here is your big chance to show how you might know these cars. IF the prize IDIOT knows, surely you should.

Ghostrider what are you trying to get at with this? are you still trying to stir the pot?

This will be my last posting on this site. I only got into this debate to set a few people straight, which still seems apparent these people just want to argue over something they know very little about. Ive forgotten more about these cars than most of you will ever know. From now on i will keep what i know to my self and ask others to do the same. To fury 30 you know of the history of the car and you dont have to prove nothing to these clowns. Let them drool all over the car when it is restored because thats all they will be able to do. Skylines Rule........

Ive forgotten more about these cars than most of you will ever know. From now on i will keep what i know to my self and ask others to do the same. To fury 30 you know of the history of the car and you dont have to prove nothing to these clowns

Typical raceteam-motorsoprt mentality if we keep it all a big secret they wont know how stupid we are or what we are doing.

omrae, if you would have read earlier in the thread, he does actually have the log books. and what I personally thought, was very concise and well presented facts about the vehicle in question.

I didn't say the car didn't have the log book but that the log book is worth more than the car

Say what you mean, mean what you say...and dont be mean saying it!

if you have a question then ask, dont beat around the bush with leading questions :O

I for one have enoyed hearing about the car...and really appreciate the owner coming on line to chat....i know reading his posts have clarified some of the misinformation i had heard.

So, good luck with the car...hope to see it at Sandown with the correct gearing:)

Ghostrider what are you trying to get at with this? are you still trying to stir the pot?

No! not at all.

I have been branded everything from f**kwit, an idiot, know nothing more than what can be found in Zoom magazine AND I have spoken to Gavin in PM's and told him what I was doing and asked him to refrain from answering the question.

Geeez one member even said the letters have been sent to all the forums, so I pose a couple of pertinent questions to everyone and in particular, to the person that likes telling me how he has slandered me to all the other forums.

I have been labelled the all bullsh!t know nothing, would be if I could be, would be suckling baby at the time so lets just find out how much of an idiot d!ckhead I really am. Some other member or members, other than Terry Ashwood or Gavin Strongman that can tell me something I don't know and can't be found in this thread or a Zoom magazine.

I'm not trying to do anything more than discuss the car in question, I'm not taking it apart, I have made my peace with it's owner and we talk on PM's as this really isn't the place for slanderous slanging matches.

But! how many people on this forum can boast that they have shaken the hand of our first ever world F1 champion at the ripe old age of 9? and at a now deceased racing circuit and bought watermelon at the same circuit for 1d/lb.

Maybe someone can fill in those gaps too! Maybe a TRUE motorsport enthusiast?

World Champion is obviously "Jack Brabham"

Circuit: ???????????

Located: ?????????

Car Driven: ?????????

Team Driving For: ?????????

Year: ???????????

So basically since you feel beaten in the argument by another about some facts, it’s your turn to try and bet the rest of the forum on stats and facts, so you can be big man on camps again? Why does it bother you so that someone thinks you got your stats from Zoom (which i think is a horrendous publication personally).

Did you ever stop to think that people where giving you so much shit, not because you weren’t aware of the full history of the vehicle being discussed but by your attitude towards the entire matter? I’m sorry and I don’t want to be the one to tell you, but you didn’t come off in very good light in the argument that ensued in this thread.

Well that’s my opinion anyway. I’m not trying to pick a fight or anything, I’m sure you could stun the pants off most of us with motor sporting history, I’m just calling it how I see it….. Roy’s quote is seems very much in context.

Say what you mean, mean what you say...and dont be mean saying it!

And no offence but most people don't find it that impressive that you shook hands with Jack Brabham. I've shaken hands with Michael Schumacher and Nikki Lauder before... people still treat me the same after those incidents.

good for you archie, michael schumacher is currently telling anyone that will listen that he once shook hands with me.

lol ease up boys everyone is just trying to fire someone up.

lol, always ready to lighten the mood... and I do vaguely remember him mentioning something about you... or it might have been red baron... hard to understand what he was saying with that heavy kraut accent :lol:

Intresting information. Clearly shows what i dont really know about the motorsport of the DR's; Wish i did.

I do. have a fully framed pic of the number 15 peter jackson DR30. entering the Hairpin corner on the Wellington Mobil 500. :geek: Driven by Seton/Bowe. Will take a pic of it soon

Thanks Gavin for adding your input to this thread. Ghostrider, we'll notify you next time the car is out in public so you can come down and have a look :geek: .

Thanks

Hi Ghostrider,

I am not sure if this will make your day or not, but after all that has happened on this forum and our pm discussions, I have come to the conclusion that you are probably not a bad guy. Although a little bit misguided. After a few chats it is pretty clear that you are a genuine enthusiast. Sometime during the year our club is planning to have a driver training day here in Melbourne, if you can make it down I am more than happy to take you for a few laps in George Fury's DR 30 group A race car. :ohmy:

Now you should be quite pleased that the previous owner has taken the red sparco race seat out and added a passenger seat.

cheers,

Gavin

Thanks Cazz for chalking up another victory for the girls ,well done yelrotflmao.gif

Though some brick walls just dont get the message1banghead.gif

Some chance your a blonde ?????????

As I see it there has been no WIN or LOOSE in this situation.

My first reaction when seeing the pics of this car was "Something very wrong with this car"

Would every expert here other than cazz & fury 30 & thebuzz who I have made my peace with, explain how I was wrong.

I probably carried it further than I should, but what Gavin has said about the car has in a way vindicated what my opening remark was. IT IS an 86 spec car in 87 Livery. Not anyones fault other than the person that used to own it.

But tell me this, in a $100000.00 makeover, one would expect to get the appearance correct and that has nothing to do with the rear wing, body skirts or colour. What its presented as, it clearly isn't.

Now please explain why you want to FAN the FLAMES.

So basically since you feel beaten in the argument by another about some facts, it’s your turn to try and bet the rest of the forum on stats and facts, so you can be big man on camps again? Why does it bother you so that someone thinks you got your stats from Zoom (which i think is a horrendous publication personally).

Did you ever stop to think that people where giving you so much shit, not because you weren’t aware of the full history of the vehicle being discussed but by your attitude towards the entire matter? I’m sorry and I don’t want to be the one to tell you, but you didn’t come off in very good light in the argument that ensued in this thread.

Well that’s my opinion anyway. I’m not trying to pick a fight or anything, I’m sure you could stun the pants off most of us with motor sporting history, I’m just calling it how I see it….. Roy’s quote is seems very much in context.

And no offence but most people don't find it that impressive that you shook hands with Jack Brabham. I've shaken hands with Michael Schumacher and Nikki Lauder before... people still treat me the same after those incidents.

Archie,

See it as you wish, but I have made my peace with those concerned and now we have a mutual understanding about everything.

But I guess by the lack of interest, it's obvious you have no idea of what I ask.

And I thought it was a very big deal at the age of 9, that someone that turned out to be very important, stopped to say hello to a meager 9 year old car racing spectator.

I wonder by what you want to gain from this, you say your not picking a fight, but clearly your trying to fan the flames.

JMHO

Archie,

See it as you wish, but I have made my peace with those concerned and now we have a mutual understanding about everything.

But I guess by the lack of interest, it's obvious you have no idea of what I ask.

And I thought it was a very big deal at the age of 9, that someone that turned out to be very important, stopped to say hello to a meager 9 year old car racing spectator.

I wonder by what you want to gain from this, you say your not picking a fight, but clearly your trying to fan the flames.

JMHO

mate I’m not flaming nor picking a fight, I was just trying to convey to you that in your last two posts you over reacted a tad and by what I perceived, almost challenged the rest of the forum to out do you in a knowledge battle. IMHO it came across a tad arrogant, but hey, It wouldn't be the first time I’ve miss read a post.

Anyway, I'm glad there is peace.

over and out...