SAU Community

Owning A Black Car

hey guys im wanting a skyline in the near future and rekon that they look really hot in black. but all my mates tell me not to get a black car cuz its hard to maintain, shows buff marks\scratches really easy etc.

just wanted to get some input from ppl that have owned black cars b4, how much effort was required to keep them looking clean\shiny

cheers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i wont say dont buy one coz in the end its up to u, the effort i went to get a black r33 was rediculous and after about a year i resprayed it ( 1 because i wanted to and 2 it was a pain in the ass to clean) and when it came up sweet soon after it was dirty

ben...

Blacks hot, yes like everyone else said, hard to keep clean but looks so good when doen properly!

Though given the time I would respray it R34 Midnight purple II, yeh thats hot!

yeh black is silk when clean but ten minutes later covered in a very fine dust well for me any way gravel drive ways! even two feet will cover a car !

very pleasing to see when its clean but shows pin dents like most dark cars :) but i wouldnt change it, just need more ashpalt around my area

I have a black r34, don't expect it to look clean for more than a day or two. I give mine a good wash on weekends (takes 2-3 hours) and depending if i have to go out and the amount of bird crap on it I'll give it a quick wash in the middle of the week. (40 mins)

Maybe it's just where I live but dust/pollen just covers it over night.

Here in WA a major problem is our heavy water, you get spot marks no matter what. (I want to hurt the person who designed the sideviews that just drip for hours)

Stone chips show up really bad, I have like 3 of them on my bonnet they make me :)

Sometimes I think I should have held out for a bayside blue one but then you'll walk up to it sometimes and just think "omfg thats sexy" and it makes it worth it.

Only midnight purple looks better than after it has just been waxed/polished IMHO :O

Depending on the car I think I'd get another black one.

Love black cars - not as bad as everyone says. Sure it shows dust and finger marks more than most colours - but in my opinion its worth it. In half light (dusk and dawn) nothing else mirrors like it. Once you go black - you'll never go back.

probably the main reason i was inclining towards white - plus i like the colour - it shows more of the car. White - you do get dirt, but not as much as on black. if you like a darker colour, why not go silver or something like that....

black is the sexiest colour ever its a known fact thats why i got one... in saying that though i will consider getting another black one but it is a BITCH to keep clean as others have said you really need to wash it and put it in a dust free room :D within a day or two its looking like it needs a wash again which sucks but its the sacrifice you make for a sexy colour :O