SAU Community

Who Has The Most Hardcore Na Straight 6 Skyline On Here?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

my mate has an r31 with a worked rb30 in it (still only a 3.0L) and it put down 212hp (158kw) out of 1 motor, then another motor put down 185hp (138kw), and another motor was in the 190hp range.

he's run a 14.0x in street form, and a high 13 with the exhaust taken off at the cat.

• 3 weeks later...

if building an NA straight six, i would be looking at using an RB26 with some high quality reciprocating components and big lift and overlap in the cams...

i think you could make more power from 2.6 litres than from 3.4 litres purely based on its ability to rev out to 10000 rpm

still, 3.4 litres from an rb is a mean accomplishment

and with the more discplacment = more torque down low, it kinda balances out not being able to rev past 8000 rpm

but, on the other hand, 10k rpm in a na would be sweeeeeet

sound almost F1 like, or like a gallardo, but with 6 cyls instead of 12 (or is it 10?)

if building an NA straight six, i would be looking at using an RB26 with some high quality reciprocating components and big lift and overlap in the cams...

i think you could make more power from 2.6 litres than from 3.4 litres purely based on its ability to rev out to 10000 rpm

Autech have done this in Japan a number of years ago:

post-4183-1161004149.jpg

post-4183-1161004161.jpg

Autech have done this in Japan a number of years ago:

AHAHAHAHA... i was looking at those exact same pictures 10 minutes ago...

looked at the pics and went hang on, those are proper NA headers and an RB26 head... but for $1600 as the current bid price, thats a little steep!

The revability wouldnt be a fair trade for the results IMO, eg, you wouldnt be able to stretch its legs around town compared to something like an RB turbomotor ;)

It would be like driving an S2000

But regardless.......lets see the 3.4 results :(

we cant compare a NA motor with a turbomotor

im saying i think you'd have better results if you were intent on building an NA inline 6 with 2.6 litres capacity.

comparing NA to turbo is like comparing apples with oranges.

ah f**k it, why dont we just get some e46 BMW M3 front cuts out of japan and run those motors...

3.6 litres

6 throttles

high compression

246 kw NA power

ah f**k it, why dont we just get some e46 BMW M3 front cuts out of japan and run those motors...

3.6 litres

6 throttles

high compression

246 kw NA power

my thoughts exactly... in highschool my friend's M3 was the car that put me onto the NA track...

the R&D behind it is just unbelieveable!