SAU Community

F-con V Pro Calibration File

Anyone willing to share their F-con V Pro calibration files? It’s a great ECU but not much is known about them. I’m specially interested in the newer gold version. Here is an R34 GTR F-con V Pro ver.3.1 calibration file.

Tom

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mashrock

i beleive croydon or sas tunes them in sydney..

hey tomr33 how do i download from ecu? and software to read it etc??

cheers

Andrew

Guest Mashrock
BD4s is the only licensed tuner in Australia.

CRD borrows the software from BD4s when they tune.

ah i knew it was in some mess like that.

who is actually good for tuning these computers??

as there is no way i'm putting in a power fc.

and how does this guy access his fcon files off the computer? can i link it to a laptop etc??

needs to know.

actually, without getting into some sort of argument here on powerfc vs other ecu's

Im not such a fan of powerfc's either, whilst they have their advantages in being a plug-in replacement ecu, they also aren't very flexible. and only have 20x20 mapping... (compared with wolf 3d v4 for example which has 16 load points and rpm points every 125rpm (which between 0-8000rpm equates to 64 points eg. 16x64 point mapping...)

Also i don't think power fc's can control additional injectors, thermofans, aux outputs, etc...

BD4s aren't too bad price and they are pretty proficient tuners (they also do other ones eg PFC). My brother's car came ex-Japan with an FConV which we got Yoshi to tune up.

Only reasons we switched to a PFC:

- BD4s is too far from us

- Piggyback vs standalone (plus someone stole the FCon :( )

actually, without getting into some sort of argument here on powerfc vs other ecu's

Im not such a fan of powerfc's either, whilst they have their advantages in being a plug-in replacement ecu, they also aren't very flexible. and only have 20x20 mapping... (compared with wolf 3d v4 for example which has 16 load points and rpm points every 125rpm (which between 0-8000rpm equates to 64 points eg. 16x64 point mapping...)

Also i don't think power fc's can control additional injectors, thermofans, aux outputs, etc...

Apples and oranges comparison. The Power FC uses the AFM as its primary load source, so it has very fast and accurate details on the actual airflow going into the engine. The Wolf uses a MAP sensor as its primary load source, which of course is useless once the max boost is achieved and held. So it NEEDS more loads points to make up for its deficiency in load sensing.

Looking at it another way, the Power FC arguably has more USEABLE load points. Because the AFM is showing changes in airflow while the MAP sensor is showing no change in manifold pressure. All the Wolf has is RPM changes, that’s one dimensional tuning. If max boost is achieved at 5,000 rpm, it could easily end up with only 20 X 1 (= 20) load points between 5,000 and 8,500 rpm. Compared to the Power FC with 6 X 6 (= 36) load points.

Use one of the Datalogit outputs to control the thermo fan, and other items if necessary (eg; we control the intercooler spray)

Much more efficient (more power, better economy) to run the right sized injectors, than band aid in a separate fuel source. It could be argued that the PowerFC runs larger injectors so much better than the other (similarly priced) ECU’s and that’s why they have to have extra injector drivers.

:( cheers :dry:

ah, wondered about aux outputs on power fc, because never seen it being used, thanks for clearing that up...

wolf3d can be set up to use either MAP / MAF / TPS for load reference. (actually you can use MAP as primary sensor, and MAF as transient sensor to detect fast changes in load)

Edited by MerlinTheHapyPig

now looking at MAP and TPS they don't operate on a wide scale. so when you floor it TPS will be the max voltage it can show and MAP will also do the same when you reach target boost. so from that point onwards your map resolution goes from say 20x20 or 30x30 to 30x1 or 20x1 as you are only showing increase in map points by the rpm increasing. configurable or not thats the operation, which lacks the resolution of th airflow meter equivalent.

with an airflow meter setup the airflow meter "load" or signal is always increasing as more and more air is being ingested by the engine.

so if the wolf (or XYZ ecu) use MAP and/or TPS then they are no worse off than each other and don't provide a better method. the best being airflow meter and measuring the air directly. the rest appear to be workarounds or bandaids to work around the age old "airflow meters are a restriction".

if its a restriction get a bigger one, if its too small, get two