SAU Community

How Much For Security

R34NRG

not to well imformed about the whole alarm area so how much do these things cost?

how much is a average system and how much is a top fo the range?

im willing to spend the extra $$$ if its worth it

also if anyone has links or pics........thats also good

thanks

just a quick note go to the most trusted alarm fitter you can find. A few members have had their cars stolen by dodgy alarm fitter that make a copy of their keys and then visit their cars soon after to steal them.

With the price of alarm's these day's, you'd be stupid to not buy an alarm with at least a 2 point imobiliser.

Not to mention many insurance companies require at least a 2 point immobilser.

ive found having a really bright paint job helps too :thumbsup:

i'd look at buying something like a quicktrack alarm with a brant key code (you have to enter a code every time you start your car), make sure you get the latest one though as the older ones stuff up when your battery goes flat.

quicktrack charge around $1/day for their services. its definately worth it.

in all seriousness, if a thief really wants your car he is gonna get it. all one can really do is insure it....

You may aswell make it hard for them while your at it... and it'll deter other would-be theives...

You may aswell make it hard for them while your at it... and it'll deter other would-be theives...

oh it's not hard for a "real theif", i do, however, agree with detering "would-be" thieves. but i'd probably just go with what your insurance want.... and watch were you park it etc...

its not about if he wants your car or not... its about wether or not he's willing to go through all of the work of disabling your 3 point immobilizer, then disabling your alarm, finding your kill switch then ripping out your ignition... most theives are theives for the fact that theyre too lazy to do anything else.. why would they want to go through all that trouble? they'll just move onto the next car.

this topic reminds me of an article in a WHEELS magazine someone told me about. it was about an alarm company that offered keys to a ferrari to the first person that could break into it with their alarm installed within a certain amount of time. the who's who if crims came and tried to get into it with no luck. then there was another guy who walked around the car, walked up to the front of it and started kicking really hard into the front bumper... he eventually kicked it hard enough for the airbags to come out and the doors to automatically unlock.

its not about if he wants your car or not... its about wether or not he's willing to go through all of the work of disabling your 3 point immobilizer, then disabling your alarm, finding your kill switch then ripping out your ignition... most theives are theives for the fact that theyre too lazy to do anything else.. why would they want to go through all that trouble? they'll just move onto the next car.

this topic reminds me of an article in a WHEELS magazine someone told me about. it was about an alarm company that offered keys to a ferrari to the first person that could break into it with their alarm installed within a certain amount of time. the who's who if crims came and tried to get into it with no luck. then there was another guy who walked around the car, walked up to the front of it and started kicking really hard into the front bumper... he eventually kicked it hard enough for the airbags to come out and the doors to automatically unlock.

I hope skylines dont have that feature!!!

The easiest way to steal ANY car is with a tow truck. So make sure to park where other cars have no easy access to get to from the front or behind.

As for my car I got:

Mongoose alarm

3 point immobliser

Club lock

My brother bought a cheap SUpercheap auto alarm and then edited it himself... he fitted a house alarm speaker onto it and other neat stuff... now it sounds like a cop car lol

The easiest way to steal ANY car is with a tow truck. So make sure to park where other cars have no easy access to get to from the front or behind.

hehehehe thats why i got my alarm/immob--MANY MANY SENSORS... so that if my car is tilted, rocked, or if someone touches it etc my alarm goes ballistic---mine is very very sensitive...it even goes off if its too windy but i would prefer it going off then getting stolen!

Another neat feature mentioned previously is the removable Steering Wheel - an almost immediate a visble deterrent.

But yeah, immobiliser, alarm and kill switch as a minimum.

Oh and sticker that says

"This car protected by Smith & Wesson" ;-)

i recon a good imobalizer is far more important than a alarm, had my car broken into once and if it wasnt for the imobalizer my baby would have been history.

close- a WELL installed immobilser is better than an alarm. though an Immobilser with GSM paging is still a better idea.

With the price of alarm's these day's, you'd be stupid to not buy an alarm with at least a 2 point imobiliser.

true - it still comes down to the installation of it though. poorly fitted alarm - taken in a few minutes, well fitted its still there with a broken window.