SAU Community

R32 or RX7 Series 5?

Originally posted by QIK78U

One bitch slap for you Matt!:slap:  

Havent finished playing with the car to run it as yet.. i still want more power... Then I will take it for 2 meets.. One with street trim and then slicks...

Might get into the 12's before you yet!!! ;)

:)

With the power you're making she should be real quick mate! Not a lot of weight too.

I'm guessing you won't be getting into the 12's before me, 'cause you'll skip right past 12's & into the 11's :D

If I may add my two cents...

I was the Skyline owner who looked at Rob's Series 5, bad timing and an unhelpful bank stopped me from buying Rob's car.

The Series 5 is an awsome car, IMHO it looks twnty times better then a R32, and five times better then a R33 (I own a R33....After I went in Robs car the R33 felt like a Commodore).

One day I will have one of these, they impressed me so much I'm even thinking of selling my Skyline, taking a bit of a loss and buying a Rx2 or Rx3..Save ****ing hard and getting a "off its head" Rx7 in a couple of years.

you shoul sell the engines rob if you can build 13b for 3800 with 400hp that get 500k (that is better than factory) to the tank

you should have you own rotor shop cause that if trucking awsome.. almost to the point of being unbelivable

if it is true what computer you running m8

very interested to know... it obviously isnt micro dribble

Originally posted by QIK78U

BAWHAHAHAHA.. Stop it mate, your killing me!  

Mal said that he is going to go the 12 sec pass in his cortina just to upset you!! :uh-huh:

Real nice bloke you are! Pay your car (it's power level) a compliment about it running straight into the 11's & skipping 12's & you come back laughin' @ me. Well :) to you! :)

Bah! The Corty doesn't have the power to run a 12 :O J/K Either that or the blower belt will come flying off @ 1/2 track :O Tell him to hurry up & get that GT-R g/box fixed & run a 10.

My new goal is to keep getting higher & higher trap speeds (118-120mph) but keep in the low 13's :O You know start my own drag racing trend :burnout:

In my opinion I think you should stick with the 32, although it does depend on how you are financially.

I love the series 5 rx7 too and almost got one in place of my r32 skyline, but I decided that the race look of the 32 and afterburners was the way to go.

The series 5 looks better than ther series 4 coz the brake lights are round in the back like the series 6.

If you decide to go the rotary, like the skyline you can do just about anything to it. I also think the buzz of a rotary plus the spool of a turbo = mad sound.

The 32 looks a little more modern in my opinion, although they are both very fine cars, Good Luck with you decision buddy!

;)

im with fatz i think ur fos.... 400hp at the fly and 500kms per tank LMAO u got a double sized tank?

3800 on an engine? and u reckon someone cant get that on an RB20? lol

give me about a couple of months and i'll have that done with some change left over.

well if i had that money to waste on it... which i dont cause im going to japan ;)

is the series 5 the one like in that drift avatar on here from Initial-D? yeah i dont mind that shape... but then again it looks kinda pox and like the female porsche 928s etc which are just ugly.

i'm a huge fan of the 32... not so much the 33... but i would definately stick to it... but u have ur heart set on the buzz box which is all good... good luck with it... u could always save up some cash and buy a real car like a GTR later on :)

rotories... str8line cars

GTRs... for when u want to get around a corner in one piece

its like the golfing addage (sp?)

Driving for show, putting for doe.

str8line for show, cornering for the more intelligent driver ;)

Not that I'm a huge rotary fan myself but I disagree that rotaries are straight liners.

Don't forget the RX7's that won in the early/mid 90's 24hr Bathurst showroom show downs! BP Visco 5000 & Triple M sponsored series 6's that ended up giving us the RX7 SP.

Originally posted by inark

rotories... str8line cars

GTRs... for when u want to get around a corner in one piece

lol, I think rotaries have proved themselves fast on the track in Aus as well..eg winning EC 12 hours, currently thrashing everything in improved production etc.

And GTRs only seem to be drag racing these days!

I reakon they're both great cars, and both capable of big HP. I would be concerned about how long a highly tuned rotary will last on the street though.

yeah but they arent ur average street setup rotary are they :D

yeah a stock Rx7 will be much better than a GTR around a track :)

What is it with you people in melb?? You own a r32 and you think your the best?? Damn... More than happy to send you the number of my dyno tuner so you can ask him what my car runs like...

I have seen I think.. er one rb 20 making good power, mind you the owner has spent twice as much as I have and he still is yet to reach my power...