SAU Community

You Know, That Really Grinds My Gears Thread.

AlphA

when your engine blows up on the freeway and u skid it into the emergency lane and get out and leg it about half a kay thinking your car will explode, and all people do is gawk, point and laugh.

ITS ON FIRE YOU f**kS SHOW SOME COMPASSION

dont worry about stopping to help, ill just wait till it blows then laugh when the shrapnel hits you through your windscreen. well see how funny it is then wont we.

on a sadder more social note,

you know what really grinds my gears?

i just heard on the news that an 8 year old schoolgirl was found murdered in the livingston shopping centre toilets which is a whole 10 seconds down the road from me. It happened in broad daylight at about 4 this afternoon they said, and in the middle of a f**king crowded shopping centre. i believe she was still wearing her school uniform, but dont quote me on that.

that kind of shit is just f**king sick, what kind of sick motherf**king maggot smoking waste of human life would do that to an innocent little girl.

i hope they catch him and he is raped by countless burley men in prison, then dies a horrible death due to numerous Sexually Transmitted Infections. then i hope he somehow pulls through, only to die of cancer 10 seconds later, where he will rot in hell for all eternity.

id take a shit on his grave if i knew where it will be.

f**k didnt hear about that, what the f**k does an 8 year old girl have to do to get killed? Thats shocking, hope whoever did it gets some bad aids as well.

People who talk on there mobile phones while driving

Yesterday some old dude reversed into this lady while parking and he was on his phone, then she got out and went to his car and he nearly run her over.

*Begin Rant*

When you import a car, take it to the compliance shop and they say its a priority for us to get your car done and out of here, so we can concentrate on our cars. You think finally great customer service then you do the right thing, get tyres and stock rims take them down to them and the head boss speaks to you like youre a piece of sh!t.

Then they say should only be a days work in it now, then we will apply for your compliance plate in Canberra airmail the plate will have it ready for Friday..ring up Friday no we have found this and that and now you need to source these parts..(been sitting in the f!cking yard for 1 week and you don’t even bother ringing me to let me know)

Then you ring the other yard and speak to the other boss who says that he has been on holidays and everything slows down when he goes away (wonderful business this one)…then he sources the parts that you need and I think problem solved excellent. Car will be ready Tuesday. Ring up Monday and find out what time can I pick her up tomorrow…hmmmmmmmm sorry a bit of delay only just sent the paper work off "end of the week you can get it"we will take it over the pits for you hope that helps...No D!ckhead that doesnt help cause I still have to get to the pits to pay the money sign the documents and get the plates..just hurry up and give me my car!!

So go pickup the car get all the licensing stuff done realize that the car is starting like shit..ring the guy up when I get home...yeah sorry the battery died while it was sitting in the yard and I ran the car dry of fuel…thanks you f!cking idiot I will not be recommending anyone to go to your shop!!

*END RANT...I feel great now :) *

Edited by Wildcat

Out of pure respect for the family that lost the life of there 8 year old daughter I’m dedicating this weeks winner of what grinds my gears to this.

Many things grind our gears but this has hit us all in many ways...

I’m a father to be and when I heard about this 8 year old girl and what happened to her... Words can not explain what I felt and what many of you are feeling.

What grinds our gears is really nothing in the big picture… What happened to her takes it one more step.

It’s a very sad loss and it has grinded all my gears. (I need a new gear box now)

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Any recommendations on a decent replacement manifold that doesnt break the bank or require additional mods for the stock turbo setup? I figure if I'm going to pull the manifold off anyway to fix the studs might as well replace it. 
    • So I checked the turbo out today. Very minimum play at all just enough for the oil to take up when it's running. I did find an exhaust leak at the manifold. 1 stud all the way in the front is missing and the one all the way in the back is broken off. Front has visible signs of an exhaust leak. I'll fix that soon but that's not my problem still.  I also found that the nipple coming off the turbo had the hose capped off and a hose ran from the j-pipe by the bov going to the wastegate. I removed that hose and capped that nipple and put the turbo nipple hose back on the wastegate.  There was a ton of oil residue all through the charge side of the intercooler piping going to the throttle bodg. I'm thinking that's from the pcv. Doesn't seem to be coming from the turbo that was all clean on the pipes side.  Haven't had a chance to check fuel pressure yet, haven't had time been having to pull a lot of doubles at work. I did pick up some carb cleaner to clean the iacv but wanted to make sure I had a fresh gasket in case the old one rips when I pull it off.  I'm waiting on a MAF that was supposed to be here today but delayed to Monday. Have a double Monday and Friday and work all of next weekend so going to try to find some time in the middle of the week to try that out. Did about a 10m trip around the block today and towards the end the issues were coming back. Fingers crossed on this MAF but if not just going to throw a fuel pressure gauge in and see where I'm at.  Did notice today that I can definitely hear the injectors pulsing. Very audible clicking coming from them. Assuming that's normal? Should also mean CAS is functioning somewhat properly. After it warmed up when I started it the intermittent misfires came in again. Did start doing that before it was fully warmed up. 
    • This morning I carefully reinstalled the manifold and started looking at a couple of things I need to do.  Heat wrap arrived sometime today so I popped into the shed with the missus dishwashing gloves and started wrapping the first half of the dump and the screamer/plumb back.  Once I do the second half I'll be able to final fit the turbo and exhaust up.  Also pulled the harness out today and started terminating it at the ECU end. A connector is done, just need to run the remaining wires that arent in the harness - 12v, gnd and couple I/O
    • A31 is pretty much the same thing without HiAIDS I mean CAS, no improvement lol. Not to late to send it.
    • Thanks for all the replies! I also wanted to ask if wheels that were fitted on Ford Falcons would fit the 350GTs as well? In the area I'm at there aren't that many options for secondhand wheels and new ones here are way out of my budget. From what I've seen, most of the wheels that are available that were fitted on Ford Falcons have an offset of +33 to +36, with a centre bore of 70.5mm whereas the stock 350GT's ones are 66mm, can't seem to find any hubcentric rings that fit that difference though.