SAU Community

You Know, That Really Grinds My Gears Thread.

AlphA

\begin rant\ ;)

Female cops....i love um, got their own cuffs, can park anywhere, get you discounts at McHungries. :D

Well its been a week or two and I can feel the bile rising to the back of my throat again so here goes...

Barristas...for gods sake man it's a cup of coffee not brain surgery. Now dont get me wrong I believe that life's too short to drink bad coffee but dont disguise your lack of ambition or intellect as a career choice and attempt to elevate you enrty level position in the food service industry by refering to it as if its a profession just admit it - You make coffee.

"Hey you! I dont need lttle foam cartoons in my ridiculously over priced coffee ya pretentious schmuck so just give me the damn thing!"

Myspace and Emos. Hey dont get me wrong, i believe that expressing your feeling is a positive thing, it lowers stress, it stops heart attacks and it stops you from climbing clock towers with a high powered rifle or becomming a barrista. But for the love all that is reasonable stop filling the interweb with Myspace crap like "she wipes the tears from my face when i think i cant go on" You make me wanna WRETCH.

There are 3 basic ways to go here

1. Harden the f^)k up!

2. Get some professional help

3. Pull the damn trigger and stop draining the world of empathy.

Dodgey haircuts...You know the kind! The ultra mullets, greasy longs wavey deals with the sides shaved high so when homeboy puts it in a pony tale it looks "fullysik"

Well it doesn't, ya look like an ass-clown.

Anyone who uses the words or phrases, "homie/s, Gee, hood or busting caps" etc. Unless your from the LBC please stick to a more geographically appropriate vocabulary. Same goes for wearing your baseball cap contrary to manufacturers instructions. You live in Belmont, your mum payed for those baggy-arse jeans and your doing your TEE so you can be podiatrist, who do you think youre fooling ya tard!

Myspace

\end rant\ :banana:

Edited by Mr. Keets

poor guy....do you feel better now :)

Yes....Yes I do, People walking beneath clock towers everywhere are now safe for another week :D

Iinet and 90%of its employees

"We no longer support binaries on our news server" Damn their oily hides :D

aahha Barristas i used to be one, then my mate ko'd me , then i wokeup a plasterer. ahha

Plasterers..ah..mm...arr. Ok! Were would we be without them, naked plasterboard everywhere and ceilings devoid of decorative medallions. :(

\begin rant\ :D

Myspace and Emos. Hey dont get me wrong, i believe that expressing your feeling is a positive thing, it lowers stress, it stops heart attacks and it stops you from climbing clock towers with a high powered rifle or becomming a barrista. But for the love all that is reasonable stop filling the interweb with Myspace crap like "she wipes the tears from my face when i think i cant go on" You make me wanna WRETCH.

There are 3 basic ways to go here

1. Harden the f^)k up!

2. Get some professional help

3. Pull the damn trigger and stop draining the world of empathy.

\end rant\ :P

And that my friend...

Wins you the!!

trophy.jpg

That Really Grinds My Gears Grumbler of the Week Trophy!

Boostzor gets second prize for flaming my old work..

Iinet and 90%of its employees

And that my friend...

Wins you the!!

trophy.jpg

That Really Grinds My Gears Grumbler of the Week Trophy!

Boostzor gets second prize for flaming my old work..

Cue: Applause

Thankyou..thankyou all *choking back tears* I'd like to thank Alpha for this representation of a cup. You know, my 8th grade teacher said i would make it one day, i just didnt think it would be by bashing Emos with a keyboard, but there ya go! i would also like to thank Jim Morrison and the Cure for making it ok to be a wuss, Boostzor for comming in second and of course all of you in this thread for your encouragement. I will be taking the week off to resume my medication and relax. Thankyou all ;)

Cue: walking off music

Big IT equipment companies who place their call centres somewhere in india..............

then those above mentioned call centre noobs try to convince you the product you are installing is not windows 2003 compatible..... when the previous model was and it clearly states on the box and all associated manuals of the new model that it is server 2003 compatible.........

then once they realise their product is suppose to support windows 2003 their next assumption as to why the product isn't working is...........that the model you a using does not support network printing...... to which you politely point out to them that the model comes with a inbuilt network card for the support of network printing...........

Thank you HP for wasting half my day.......

you know what really grinds my gears?

when i take the clutch out before slamming it into gear.

no really, the fact that the guy i bought my car off, who obviously did a shifty on me, because the engine "died" 2 days after i bought it (long story read my posts in general maintenence and wa wanted section) is more than willing to apologise profusely, but wont even give me a smidgen of my money back. the replyi got was "hah sorry its been 24 hours already".

yeh im kinda really pissed off now, since i can no longer go on my holiday to malaysia with my family now coz i have to take a loan out for a new engine, and i did shit in my uni exams coz i was too pissed off about being so stupid and getting ripped off.

i guess hes lucky im not a vengeful person, or he wouldnt be in too good a shape right now :D

yeh i think i finished now. grr saying all this just made me f**king agrier. RARRR

Edited by KLowN

Big IT equipment companies who place their call centres somewhere in india..............

then those above mentioned call centre noobs try to convince you the product you are installing is not windows 2003 compatible..... when the previous model was and it clearly states on the box and all associated manuals of the new model that it is server 2003 compatible.........

then once they realise their product is suppose to support windows 2003 their next assumption as to why the product isn't working is...........that the model you a using does not support network printing...... to which you politely point out to them that the model comes with a inbuilt network card for the support of network printing...........

Thank you HP for wasting half my day.......

rant==Start;

What's up with all these Indian call centers anyway? Even optus is using it now. Yes they are cheap, which equals to more company revenue.. but at the expense of their customers? I've had one of the idiotic call center staff telling me that my system is the problem to the bad connection, when i've checked out my systems, did a traceroute to show that it's lagging on their side. She told me to clear my cookies, which for some websites = storage of passwords for forums. She told me no.. sir.. it dosn't affect your passwords at all cause all the passwords are stored in ur ... err... i can't remember what she said.

When i called to be covered for the bad connection, a nice australian lady picked up told me no problems and she'll do it. Rox. I got the $$ 3 days later.

3rd time i called regarding a wrongly charged bill, india call center again. I'm always very clam when talking to pple, esp technical support cause i know the kinda shit they have to go through. But the guy straight out told me i was unreasonable for requesting the $$ back for a wrong charge and that the company will never make that kinda mistake. He goes on to prove how i was wrong with a very irritated tone,and after a while of searching, he realised i was right, and didn't even apologise. WTF? He said he'll credit me, 1 week later, still no $$.

Personally, optus should really do something about their call centers and management.

P/s: Calling to optus is like playing jackpot. I got disconnected calling them 4 times and connected on the 5th time. What a waste of $$ and time.

rant=Finished;

If(rant==Finished)

Exit(rant_mode);

The current property market, in particular Real Estate agents

I've been seriously looking for my first place for the past 3 months or so and in that time i have met some nice, genuine agents and some absolute retards (apologies if i have just offended any retards out there by associating their good name with poor agents). Case in point is the agent i put an offer in with yesterday. Not a bad property and pretty close to what i want. I found it mid week on the internet and went to the first home open on sunday, now for a start he only advertised on one of the weekend papers and on his agency's own website (not much exposure there) turn out for the home open was fair but no one stayed very long except for us. He pulled out all the latest jargon and catch phrases (put your best foot forward, motivated seller etc) in an effort to get me. He was transparent as and definately not one of the sharpest knives in the drawer.

I cant help but feel that the current state of the market is ensuring that even the poorer agents get enough business to survive and in my book if you arent good at your job you need to try harder or get out and try something else.

Ohh and i hate EOI's. It's like "well we're thinking about cashing in on you desperate sods out there and would like you to compete against each other, without any real effort on our part, and see if we cant gouge a ton of money out of you". Pfft you're either selling your house or not, stop trying to just dip your toe in the market.

End rant.

P.S. i know this wont have much significance for those who haven't bought a property lately but if your in the market like me you'll know what i mean.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Ohhh I know what you mean!!

This agents initials wasnt D J by any chance was it?

I went out and got some fresh farm eggs and left them outside for 3 days... was about to go for a drive with them and my wife stopped me.. Arghh... But All I want to do is give him back what he gave me.. STINKING SERVICE!!

Grr..

Loads of built up anger towards him..

I considered going to 60 mins or some other TV show about the service we got delt from a rather well known Housing Center..

Ahh well.. Its best to let some sh1t fly sometimes..

:P

the internet can create some useful threads dont it Adam :D

Oh, what also grinds my gears? Biased commentators. Luckily i didnt watch the Australia vs Japan match on sbs cos me and workmates watched it at this function that someone organized (and had japanese commentary, dunno how)... but after the game, i watched highlights on sbs and those commentators... ok, you may be australian but do u really have to shout THAT loud??? (when australia scored) it was pretty darn loud...

same goes for footy as well (Eddie McGuire and the Pies) and any other international team vs australia game in any sport.

i do go for WA teams / Australian teams pretty much all the time though, so no need for flaming... heck if we (Japan) were in a different group it'd be a lot easier :huh:

I hate my PS2 memory card.........

Went to play some GT4 the other day and found out my save game was corrupted, I just had to start ALL OVER AGAIN :wub::( :(. I had many-a credits and lap times and was 56% through the game (which is a lot). Luckily I didn't have many golds on the licence tests so now I can try get all golds.

I never realised how annoying the licence tests are :whistling: