SAU Community

Need Insurance? Want Cheaper Insurance?

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually AAMI lets you get a quote from a repairer of your choice, they will compair the costs of other repair shops and pick the best deal.

And there is a 3 year warrenty on all repairs :D

The reason that they have their own list of repairers is because they have already found the cheapest. Any shops that you find are unlikely to beat them, so they can easily make that offer.

This is a legitimate question - Say you get rear-ended, and go to the cheapest repairer you can find. How much extra would they charge you to respray the whole car after the repair, rather than just the rear quarter, which would look absolutely retarded when the front half is 5-10 years old?

Just called Famous for a quote on 3rd party fire + thieft and apparently they don't do it!

Full comp only, i thought that was a bit odd?!?!

Does anyone have any suggestions for thrid party insurance?

yeah im currently shopping around for insurance .... given both Famous n Just Cars a call ..... i'll be going with Just Cars. Famous is way outta the water with prices.

• 1 month later...

I just joined SunCorp Metway, Rating 1, 26 yrs old, modified r33 gts-25t as per below's signature. The premium was roughly under $1200, $1650 excess, no under 25 drivers.

A rating 2 with all the above was roughly $1450/year.

3rd party was $170/year, $1000 excess....

Pay by the month available at 15% more....

I have tried RACQ, they dun insure skyline r33's.

Give Suncorp a try everyone!

i assume this 10% discount for sau members applies to all types of insurance, not just full comp. ....?

r32 gtst, at 18 years, no previous insurance, 3rd party $400 approx. + $200 approx fire and theft. excess $1200 from Just Cars

• 2 weeks later...