SAU Community

New Anti Hoon Rules Come In 1st Of July. Opinions

Daz

New Anti Hoon rules will be introduced to Victorian roads from the 1st of July.

"Police may knock on the door of a hoons parents to impound a car".

"Police will have the power to impound a vehicle for 48 hours for a first offence".

"A second offence could result in wheels being clamped for three months, and a car could be seized permanently for a third offence".

OK ppl what do you all think of these rules, I personally think that permanently siezing someones pride and joy is a little harsh, i would prefer running the car into a brick wall rather then giving it to the cops as a gift or maybe selling it as parts and giving them the gear knob.

btw im no hoon >_<

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, a bit rough I reckon.

QLD has had this law passed (and practiced) for a while.

I will have to check out Fowles Auction online for everyone's cars going cheep!

(Hopefully Snowman does some hooing!) >_<

yep heard about this 2day

damn this is gonna suck for a lot of people

i spin my tyres everynow and then in the rain or if i wanna get onto a busy road and i need to floor it

are there any links daz

Edited by TracidTrax

I think it will make people think twice before driving like an idiot, illegal drags etc. Once they get their car taken once or their mates car it will stop a lot of people being involved in that type of behiour because the laws now are not deterring this type of behaviour. Most people aren't scared of fines but everyone who loves their car and puts all their money into it doesn't want to loose it for any period of time. Also IMO modified car's should only be EPA'd if commiting other offences as this is a punishment and people that modify their cars and don't break any road laws should not be punished for doing up their car. If car is unsafe different story and if people driving like idiots then they deserve what the get, EPA/NOU/Fine and cars impounded.

damn this is gonna suck for a lot of people

correction... this is going to suck for a lot of idiots who don't deserve to be on the road

that being said, i don't like the way that according to rules, to be a 'hoon' you must be generally under 25.

driving to work of a day i get cut off see more close calls by 'experienced' older drivers than P plates. I know that there is a higher ration of fully lisensed drivers around, but i'm sure you'd agree.

hoon = idiot , not import drivers/p platers, so if you do the right thing, don't stress >_<

No links Tracid, just got it from todays herald sun.

They will be using speed cameras and closed circuit telivision camera networks to track down offenders.... Im guessing this will be used for evidence within the court system for the many appeals lol.

I think it will make people think twice before driving like an idiot, illegal drags etc. Once they get their car taken once or their mates car it will stop a lot of people being involved in that type of behiour because the laws now are not deterring this type of behaviour. Most people aren't scared of fines but everyone who loves their car and puts all their money into it doesn't want to loose it for any period of time. Also IMO modified car's should only be EPA'd if commiting other offences as this is a punishment and people that modify their cars and don't break any road laws should not be punished for doing up their car. If car is unsafe different story and if people driving like idiots then they deserve what the get, EPA/NOU/Fine and cars impounded.

Agree with you all the way. If your doing the wrong thing and get caught then you should be made to face the consequences. Wernt your trying to get into TMU gdogzgtr, you have the right attitude toward it, punish those who make the roads dangerous for others. If people are driving the cars dangerously send them off to the epa via the court house. You need to get into the ears of a few of the tmu guys, start chaning attitudes and make them realise that we arent all out there to take over the world one drag race at a time.

If we had some coppers doing the right thing and targeting those who do stupid things and leave the rest of us alone then anti hoon laws would not be needed.

Agree, drive like a fool and endanger others, then have your car taken, its no one elses fault but your own. Also as Graeme has said, its also about the knock on effect. You could impound one car yet that would make 30 of his/her mates think twice.

As long as it is enforced correctly and shows results, I think it is a good idea.

on one hand i think its fair enough....do the wrong thing, pay the price basically. I'm not a regular culprit of "hoon" driving so I'm not too phased. But I've certainly had my moments even if it isnt many, anyone who drives a modified car of any sort would be lying if they said 100% that they hadn't.

this is the "on the other hand" part. There's no guidelines that I'm aware of as to what would cause a 48hr loss of car??? this is where i think as mentioned...this power will be abused. Doing circle work on the street, massive burnouts, dragging etc.... fair enough, get what you deserve you idiot. But i've been harrased by cops for just hearing my factory BOV, not doing anything wrong, no traction loss, no speeding, nothing..... an this cop was tring to bait me into answering back etc...by me telling me he couldnt wait to take cars of drivers like me etc etc. (i just stood still repeating "ok" after everything he said) I've lost a total of 6 points over 8 years of driving.......so drivers like what?? he just saw an "import" and automatically I was labelled "HOON".

am I going to lose my car for my car having a kit, mags an a BOV all be it factory??

time will tell

Just make sure you dont leave the car at the address associated with your license.

Lol, Maybe I will :D

I agree with Abcent though, is this just going to be a blanket rule or will it be left to the cops discretion as to weather or not you were hooning? I know we have all either encountered or heard about EPA's for rediculous reasons why would this be any different....

exactly its at cops discretion whther ur a hoon or not, and as abcent said, hes ben harrased while not really doing anything rong, they could impound your car over nothing now. cops are just gettin stupid now, i was readin on a holden forum bout a guy who had his car defected while it was on a trailer or pushin it across the road to where the trailer was or sumthin like this (i think there is a link to it from here somewhere). ppl try to do the right thing (trailering their cars) and still get f*cked over by sum stupid pig on a power trip. thats not to say there all bad, but it only takes one pric and you can lose ur car over nothing.

while on the topic of new laws, i heard there were sum new rules regarding P platers coming in soon, with curfews for the first few years, and stayin on ur Ps for 4 years and wot not. does anyone have any info on this, or know where i can get info on it coz i aint got ma licence yet, and it would really piss me off if this did come in before i go for ma Ps.

If we had some coppers doing the right thing and targeting those who do stupid things and leave the rest of us alone

too bad i havnt encountered any of these types of cops, more like complete opposite in my case.

Do they ever wonder y they r called cops?

i heard there were sum new rules regarding P platers coming in soon, with curfews for the first few years

heard about that last year, its such a stupid and ridiculous idea, whats gonna happen to P platers that work night shifts? Sometimes them fat pen pushers really get me thinking how they got their jobs. Easy 4 them to think of a curfew cause they arent the ones that r gonna have to worry about getting a lift at nights.

Do they ever wonder y they r called cops?

:huh: Yeh great. Thats really productive... sits back and waits for this to turn into an installment of Days of Our Lives. :D

This one time... on the way to band camp...