SAU Community

Front Calliper Extension Brackets

There was someone on SAU getting front calliper extension brackets made up for Skylines. I have tried every search combination I can think of and I can’t find the thread. I have an urgent need for a couple of sets. So if anyone remembers who it was or where the thread was located please let me know.

:D cheers :P

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was someone on SAU getting front calliper extension brackets made up for Skylines. I have tried every search combination I can think of and I can’t find the thread. I have an urgent need for a couple of sets. So if anyone remembers who it was or where the thread was located please let me know.

:P cheers ;)

I remember the thread where u put yourself down for a set or two, i think it was in the group buy section but i just looked through 14 pages of threads and couldnt see it. However i might be blind :D

I also would like some good quality adaptors so i can run a larger disc at the front!

Someone needs to do a group buy with a respected business with brackets and new dba slotted rotors!

If anyone wants 280mm to 324mm brackets then i was going to get a few made up. Im about to get another few brackets made for my car as im having another play with the front end.

If you 296 caliper guys want bigger rotors, id be looking at something bigger then 324...im about to try 296 caliper on a 340mm rotor.

But there are 330mm etc if 340 is too big, will know soon enough. But really depends on what you want to spend on rotors, 1 piece, 2 piece etc etc

If anyone wants 280mm to 324mm brackets then i was going to get a few made up. Im about to get another few brackets made for my car as im having another play with the front end.

If you 296 caliper guys want bigger rotors, id be looking at something bigger then 324...im about to try 296 caliper on a 340mm rotor.

But there are 330mm etc if 340 is too big, will know soon enough. But really depends on what you want to spend on rotors, 1 piece, 2 piece etc etc

PM sent instead.

:teehee: cheers :ermm:

Edited by Sydneykid

Hi Roy, I need 3 pairs of spacers.

2 pair for 280 to 324 (Brembo sized rotor)

1 pair for 296 to 340 (what rotor is this?)

How long are we talking?

How much $?

:O cheers :P

The 340 x 32mm rotors i have are Performance Friction rotors. http://www.performancefriction.com/pages/about_pfc.htm

The problem with the 340mm sized rotor is that the pad contact area on the rotor may not be ideal. If its not then im going to just grind down my pad to suit...smaller pad may give me more bite so not all bad. Long term though once i have gone though the set of pads if its not ideal then i will change calipers and stick with the 340mm rotor. Will see how the Porsche 6 pot goes (17" wheel)

Can get the 280 to 324 in say about a fortnight, not really a problem as i have the CAD File etc and i know they are ok as they are what i use on my car. And have used the machinist before.

340mm ???....I need to get the hats made up for my 340mm rotors so at the mercy of how long that takes...its all taking longer then planned as my car still isnt resprayed (hence no swaybars yet :))

So ideally need hats made up, which i would like to be done in conjunction with trial fitting to the car (no car is delaying that from happening). Then see how it all goes, so dont think i can honestly say....

For prices...meh, i dont know. I hadnt firmed it all up as my car is still a few weeks away from needing them..but i can chase it up if ppl want some. If you knwo a machinist who you are mates with then thats always an option, as the guy i use is good, but i dont have any real relationshiop with him so i doubt i am getting the cheapest price going around :laugh:

The 340 x 32mm rotors i have are Performance Friction rotors. http://www.performancefriction.com/pages/about_pfc.htm

The problem with the 340mm sized rotor is that the pad contact area on the rotor may not be ideal. If its not then im going to just grind down my pad to suit...smaller pad may give me more bite so not all bad. Long term though once i have gone though the set of pads if its not ideal then i will change calipers and stick with the 340mm rotor. Will see how the Porsche 6 pot goes (17" wheel)

Can get the 280 to 324 in say about a fortnight, not really a problem as i have the CAD File etc and i know they are ok as they are what i use on my car. And have used the machinist before.

340mm ???....I need to get the hats made up for my 340mm rotors so at the mercy of how long that takes...its all taking longer then planned as my car still isnt resprayed (hence no swaybars yet :))

So ideally need hats made up, which i would like to be done in conjunction with trial fitting to the car (no car is delaying that from happening). Then see how it all goes, so dont think i can honestly say....

For prices...meh, i dont know. I hadnt firmed it all up as my car is still a few weeks away from needing them..but i can chase it up if ppl want some. If you knwo a machinist who you are mates with then thats always an option, as the guy i use is good, but i dont have any real relationshiop with him so i doubt i am getting the cheapest price going around :laugh:

The 296 to 340 is not urgent. One of the 280 to 324 is urgent though, 2 weeks is OK. If you want to email me the CAD drawing, I can ask our race team machinist to quote on making them asa price comparison.

:O cheers :P

The 296 to 340 is not urgent. One of the 280 to 324 is urgent though, 2 weeks is OK. If you want to email me the CAD drawing, I can ask our race team machinist to quote on making them asa price comparison.

:laugh: cheers :O

You can put me down for a set of brackets to for 280 to 324, as long as they work.

I take it u use the standard gtst 4 pot and just replace the rotor and mount the caliper with the bracket?

If so im in!

Thanks guys

Nah guys I have just bought the best kit so check this out Gary and co. www.cazracing.com has just developed a Nissan 280-324mm disc and adaptor kit. The discs are gold slotted and passivated 324mm and the adaptors are from billet T6061 alloy with helicoils and hex bolts bolt on affair $710 no more to pay. This was developed for the 300zx on their forum but will fit gts-t's etc with the same disc size. All the parts are available separatley and adaptors are $220 inclusive of bolts. Good value imho. Caroline is a really nice lady and even has pads modified so you don't lose pad area. Tell her I sent you, I got mine today and can't wait to get them on the zed car.

Cheers

Rich

Nah guys I have just bought the best kit so check this out Gary and co. www.cazracing.com has just developed a Nissan 280-324mm disc and adaptor kit. The discs are gold slotted and passivated 324mm and the adaptors are from billet T6061 alloy with helicoils and hex bolts bolt on affair $710 no more to pay. This was developed for the 300zx on their forum but will fit gts-t's etc with the same disc size. All the parts are available separatley and adaptors are $220 inclusive of bolts. Good value imho. Caroline is a really nice lady and even has pads modified so you don't lose pad area. Tell her I sent you, I got mine today and can't wait to get them on the zed car.

Cheers

Rich

Thanks for that Rich, I already have DBA rotors and Hawke pads, I just need the brackets and bolts. I sent Caz off a query. If anyone else wants a set let me know and we might be able to do a Group Buy price.

:D cheers :laugh:

Thanks for that Rich, I already have DBA rotors and Hawke pads, I just need the brackets and bolts. I sent Caz off a query. If anyone else wants a set let me know and we might be able to do a Group Buy price.

:D cheers :)

Hey gary, put me down for a set of whatever you get. The ones from caz sound good, bring on the group buy :)

Are these brackets for the r32 or r33, i think that the r33 gtst use a 296mm disc compared to the 280mm of the r32, if these fit the r33 gtst i will be very interested....

NutR33

you guys should all buy these thingys off troy. no one i know spends more time thinking about brakes and skylines and sometimes skyline brakes. if anyone is going to get it right it's him. and being some kind of slow witted communist he will probably sell them to you at a price less than it cost him. hehe ok, maybe philanthropist was a better word choice...lol