SAU Community

New Exhaust (updated With Pics)

Well guys/gals - its finally here! My turbo back exhaust is complete! BATMBL s/steel front/dump pipe, large 3 inch catco cat and Trust PE2 cat back! About $1400 odd, for the whole lot including installation and it sounds great! (well to me anyway) Got RE Customs in Springvale (Vic) to install it - and yeah, it makes a whole lot of difference. Havent really taken the car for a good spin yet, due to the rain, but it feels a lot better to drive. Its extremely quiet too, until about 4000 revs - then it makes a howling sorta sound.

The overall installation was pretty much spot on - everything fitted perfectly according to Ray Evans. Took it in today at around 11am, was finished by about 3 (including my 5000klm service).

Will post up pics after I washed the car.

(Michael - batmbl - thanks heaps bud, was a great buy the dump/front pip and cat :P )

Edited by emsta2003

looking forward to pics + a vid would be great :(

Pics are up of the new exhaust, video coming soon :D

Edit - unable to load pics, will try and link them

Edited by emsta2003

• 3 weeks later...

post-26053-1154496763.jpg

post-26053-1154496778.jpg

post-26053-1154496786.jpg

post-26053-1154496798.jpg

post-26053-1154496807.jpg

Pics are finally up! I couldnt up load them before due to the size - but i managed to resize them and all that....still havent got the video though :woot:

enjoy

Lovely exhaust... got one on my 34 :woot: You want it to sound even better? Get them to cut out the centre muffler (resonator) from the PE2 and replace it with 3" straight pipe... done that to a few cars now (all with PE2s) and they absolutely roar after!

Lovely exhaust... got one on my 34 :woot: You want it to sound even better? Get them to cut out the centre muffler (resonator) from the PE2 and replace it with 3" straight pipe... done that to a few cars now (all with PE2s) and they absolutely roar after!

Thanks bud - I am quite happy with the way it sounds, as it doesnt attract the cops - how much louder would it be without the resonator?

There are reasons for doing it though; not all for the sound...

1) The resonator (in my case) was hitting the uni-joint (???) after the split front/dump installation so it had to be removed to stop the contact.

2) The resonator on the PE2 is not straight; if you look at the entry and exit; it's actually off-centre. This can restrict flow... replacing it with a straight pipe will solve this.

stan, any resonators you cut off trust PE2s I would be more than happy to take off your hands. :woot: this goes for anyone else in sydney too.

how many have you got there? lol

Please explain how most of the cost is in the resonator?

Take a look at the Apexi units or the Blitz units; I don't believe they have big resonators like the Trust one does.