SAU Community

Whos Buying A Ps3

HR32_GTS-T

i have zero issue playing ps2 and psx games on my jap spec ps3 .... also they rls a firmware update to fix the issue people were having with the pal spec ps3.

and as geno8r stated the main reason for the update, was to allow you to ""Find Media Server"".

also i dont see the big deal about the vibration feature. i personally don't think rumble did much for gaming BUT some people love it, and i think thats the reason behide sony heading towards releasing another controller.

Also your comment about costing them dearly in the console war, Has no truth what soever the console war has just begun, it could be say that 360 is winning the battle at the moment but for the so called "war" its far from over....

like i have said before, if you don't have anything positive to say dude keep it to yourself or start a "what is wrong with ps3" topic

michael

Yes you have no problems playing ps1 and ps2 games on your japanese ps3. it has hardware in it that we were promised would be in the australian console... but sony decided to take it out.

And yes it has cost them in the console war. Otherwise why would sony of demoted Ken kutargi? you know the guy who invented playstation. Why would sony recently of fired 160 people who work in SCEE. And i quote "the business targets that we face have regrettably made it unavoidable"

Doesn't sound like the words of a company that is in a great position does it?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just found something pretty cool.

It allows you to download demos and other stuff from the psn store to your computer then install it on your ps3.

You can even get warhawk which is a beta and not open to the public, i havnt try it yet but seems to be working for alot of people

So yeah, soon i get to be one of the 'in' crowd. My missus is buying me a PS3 this weekrnd for my birthday which is also very soon. Anyone tell me wheret he good deals are for these things?

... i'd rather she not spend more money than she has to on this. thanks peoplez

eBay (but make sure it's an AUS release PS3, just so you can play all AU Blu Ray & DVD movies on it too).

at the moment blu ray are region free; althou sony did say they have plans to region lock them but weather or not then end up doing it has yet to be seen.

I was able to play my free copy of James Bond on my jap spec ps3

at the moment blu ray are region free; althou sony did say they have plans to region lock them but weather or not then end up doing it has yet to be seen.

I was able to play my free copy of James Bond on my jap spec ps3

Blu Ray movies are already being region coded & this will continue to increase, yes there are blu ray movies out there which are not region coded, but region coding will quickly become the standard.

I think its quite important to get a PS3 made for your region if you want to be able to play all current & future Blu Ray / DVD titled released for you area.

Blu Ray region coding: http://80.161.213.38:81/

Edited by geno8r

there is a deal going on at the moment.

Where if you buy a ps3 and either resistance or motorstor. So 1099.95 you get a free game out of F1, ridge racer, or genji.

Thats a pretty good deal. Also remember to pick up some high def cables if you have a lcd or whatever.

Well to possibly save a couple hundred bucks i joined ebay. I might end up buyying it myself and get the missus to repay me

So geno (or anyone), whats a good price on there?

You’re going to need to check it out yourself to see what’s for sale when you’re in the position to buy, but I think it’ll be somewhere around $700

Any tips for beating the inevitable snipers? i know more than a few people will be interested in this...

Watch it down to the last minute, keep an eye on bid activity, & in the last minute if its still a good price, bid on it then. You'll need to be the last 'bid snipper' yourself :domokun:

Not really, not compared to eBay!

Ahh it is if you compare proper australian ps3 units. Not hong kong, japanese, units which won't support psx, ps2 games from australia or blu ray movies from australia. I know when i get my ps3 it will definetly be an aussie unit. just for those reasons alone.