SAU Community

Whos Buying A Ps3

HR32_GTS-T

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOt my PS3 the other day, and a copy of Fight Night 3, Awesome Boxing game.. soo addictive. Hard wired a Cat 6 cable from router in Study, to my Room. and put in a point, coz Wireless is gay and slow. Its downloading stuff quicker than my PC. and my pc is pretty quick. over 1mb/s. Very happy with it.

GOt my PS3 the other day, and a copy of Fight Night 3, Awesome Boxing game.. soo addictive. Hard wired a Cat 6 cable from router in Study, to my Room. and put in a point, coz Wireless is gay and slow. Its downloading stuff quicker than my PC. and my pc is pretty quick. over 1mb/s. Very happy with it.

Good one :) Yeah I use an internet cable connection with my PS3 too, works excellently.

PS Store is good. Downloaded Virtua Tennis last night, looks & plays really well, really easy & catchy. It's a video game my gf will actually play with me so I'll pick up a copy as it’ll be a great 2 player game. I remember when we used to play Virtua Tennis on PS2 at a mates too, good competitive fun.

Im running Wireless perfectly on my PS3, 100% stability and very fast download speed.

I guess it depends where your router is positioned in relation to your PS3 though.

reccomended retail is 999.95

but stupid places like kmart and that seem to do them for like 949 and stuff,

best bet is to shop around and get one in a pack with some games. that usually is a good deal.

One of those 'gameshack' places was doing a deal where if you traded in a working PS2 with 10 games, you could get a PS3 for $649.

yeah those deals are a bit of a rip though. i mean:

second hand PS2 has got to be worth $100 and games say $30 each. The sad thing is those very games cost $100 each and the PS2 $700 so that's $1700 worth to get a $300 discount. :whistling:

yeah those deals are a bit of a rip though. i mean:

second hand PS2 has got to be worth $100 and games say $30 each. The sad thing is those very games cost $100 each and the PS2 $700 so that's $1700 worth to get a $300 discount. :P

Yeah- And R32 GT-Rs used to be worth $110,000 plus on road costs :whistling:

• 4 weeks later...

This is the best thing since sliced bread! ‘ok well actually a hell of a lot better than that but you get the drift’

PC / PS3 Media Server *FREE

http://www.tversity.com/home

To to get it working:

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=75081

So awesome, via LAN cable or wireless you can link your PC up to your PS3 & watch any movie, song, or pictures via your PS3 on your TV. The largest TV in my house is connected up to my PS3 so now I can watch the hundreds of TV shows & movies I have on my computer through this media server all on the big screen, so handy!, previously I was converting all my favourite stuff to MP4 then constantly burning DVDs, not anymore! :(

I'd say sony will have a firmware update that will stop that at least for a little while.

No, quite the opposite actually, they released firmware 1.8 specifically to include Media Server support, there’s big “Find Media Server” icons in the XMB now, WMP 11 Media Server & Nero Media Home also work.

Why you always gota be so negative dude? You know you come across as little whinging b#tch with all the pessimistic comments you post. Are you Emo or something? Sounds like you need something to bring some joy into your life man so you’re not always constantly knocking everything, you must be emo I swear.

Sony aren’t stupid, they know what people want. They’re going all the right ways with their firmware releases, they get better every time. You should read about the upcoming future releases like 2.0 too.

Edited by geno8r

Did you forget the part where I said it was awesome??

The only reason i said "i wouldn't be suprised if they release a firmware update to stop that" is from my experiance with the psp in which sony were always trying to stop exploits like roms, etc, etc.

Yes i do pay out the ps3 quite a bit. Because it has fallen well short of what sony have promised and peoples expectations. I have also said in the past that it will be a great console in the future. At the moment it is not.

Shit like sony saying we will get proper backwards compatibility with the ps2 chip on the ps3. Then removing it and only letting us know about it 1 month before launch. I garuntee that sony owuld of been planning that for much longer seeing as they had to code a software based emulation for both ps1 and ps2.

Then shit like "we can't have vibration cos it interfers with the six axis" now they are releasing a controller with virbration in the future. Sony's cockiness and stupid executives have cost them dearly in the console war.

Like i said before it will be a great console but isn't there yet.

Did you forget the part where I said it was awesome??

The only reason i said "i wouldn't be suprised if they release a firmware update to stop that" is from my experiance with the psp in which sony were always trying to stop exploits like roms, etc, etc.

Yes i do pay out the ps3 quite a bit. Because it has fallen well short of what sony have promised and peoples expectations. I have also said in the past that it will be a great console in the future. At the moment it is not.

Shit like sony saying we will get proper backwards compatibility with the ps2 chip on the ps3. Then removing it and only letting us know about it 1 month before launch. I garuntee that sony owuld of been planning that for much longer seeing as they had to code a software based emulation for both ps1 and ps2.

Then shit like "we can't have vibration cos it interfers with the six axis" now they are releasing a controller with virbration in the future. Sony's cockiness and stupid executives have cost them dearly in the console war.

Like i said before it will be a great console but isn't there yet.

i have zero issue playing ps2 and psx games on my jap spec ps3 .... also they rls a firmware update to fix the issue people were having with the pal spec ps3.

and as geno8r stated the main reason for the update, was to allow you to ""Find Media Server"".

also i dont see the big deal about the vibration feature. i personally don't think rumble did much for gaming BUT some people love it, and i think thats the reason behide sony heading towards releasing another controller.

Also your comment about costing them dearly in the console war, Has no truth what soever the console war has just begun, it could be say that 360 is winning the battle at the moment but for the so called "war" its far from over....

like i have said before, if you don't have anything positive to say dude keep it to yourself or start a "what is wrong with ps3" topic

michael

As for prices for the PS3... I have seen it selling for $850 retail at both Gametraders and EB Games... so they are starting to come down in price somewhat.... still a bit pricey though...